Thursday 21 January 2021

My Favorite Things

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

 

These are a few of my favourite things. Maybe some of them are your favourites too. It is a good to take your mind off things that are bringing you down and to dwell on the good more often than not. You can admire without wanting. What can I say, I like to look at pretty things!   

(source

I love, love, LOVE this window.  How wonderful it would be to sit on that windowseat and read a book, or even in that chair. 
 

The Twilight movies. Watching them over again now. Read all the books. 
 

Cottage Gardens  . . . . 


Love, Love, LOVE this skirt! Oh to be young and thin again  . . . 


Soft, soft, soft  . . . 


Journals  . . . 


Rings  . . . 


This. Being inside and warm and looking out onto a beautiful snowy day. 

 
Cake. Any kind. Any time . . . 


A roaring fire to curl up next to  . . . 

 
Reflections  . . . 


A well-dressed letter  . . . 


Wooden floors  . . . 


Little grey rabbit  . . . 


A cosy cupboard  . . . 


Warm woolen mittens  . . . 


Snowflakes that fall on my nose and eyelashes  . . .


My mother's letters  . . . 

 
Colour  . . . . 

 
I want to snuggle in  . . . 

 
Promise  . . . 


Cosy  . . . 


Anne  . . . 


This  . . . . 




Working with my hands . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week  . . . 


Remembering mom today and always. It is hard to believe it has been two years since  . . . I am here and she is not, and yet I see her and feel her presence and love each and every day. Missing you mom. Always. 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
I took a deep breath
and listened to the 
bray of my heart.
I am. I am. I am.
~Sylvia Plath•。★★ 。* 。 



In the kitchen today  . . .  Maple Walnut Muffins.  Moist and delicious.
 
I enjoyed looking around Michaels yesterday. It was my first ever time in one.  I got some pretty colours of yarn, which I will take a photo of to show you tomorrow.  I also got some more floss for my embroidery, a water colour pad and some water brushes. Dad took us out for supper.  We had . . .  fish and chips! lol

Have a beautiful day and don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!    
  



























 

10 comments:

  1. Glad you had a good day..stocking up on crafts and dinner out..fun things at last.WE neve forget our moms..never.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Monique. We never forget our mums, not ever. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Baking is something I love to do, but don't so I don't eat too much. Still I love warm muffins just out of the oven.. Yours sound very good! Glad it was a great day for you. Fish and chips is one of my favorites !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a warm muffin is such a delight Pam! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Sounds like a fun day!! Need one of those every so often!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes we do Elizabeth, within reason. We need to stay safe also. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Lovely post....I love the window curtains. What a nice day you had! So happy for you..... and for your family to have you close. Maybe missing our moms, but they are with ♥️ us always...missing dad too....so grateful to have had them. Have the happiest day, xo,V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks V, to be honest my favourite part was the journey seeing all of my old haunts, etc. As a passenger I was free to do that! Thank goodness for the eternal nature of families! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie~

    I love all the cozy, soft, beautiful things in your finds today...loved them!

    So glad that you had fun at Michael's! It's always fun to buy new yarn, and new art supplies! I can't wait to see what you do with them! And what a great end to the day, to have dinner with your dad...fish and chips...yum!

    It's hard to believe that it's been two years since your mom passed...so much has happened since then. I often think that I'm glad my mom didn't have to go through this time in the world, but like you, I still miss her every minute.

    Big hugs to you, XOXOX

    Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barb! We are all the same in my family, and will almost 100% of the time have fish and chips! We are very predictable that way! I miss my mom but, like you, am very grateful that she didn't have to go through Covid. I think it would have been very difficult for her. Love and hugs always, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!