Thursday 7 January 2021

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

 

 These are a few of my favourite things. Maybe some of them are your favourites too. It is a good to take your mind off things that are bringing you down and to dwell on the good more often than not. You can admire without wanting. What can I say, I like to look at pretty things!   



Lacy bras.  They are just so pretty. 


The London embankment.  I have never seen it in snow before.  Beautiful. 


The elegance of Audrey Hepburn . . . 


Pretty paper  . . .  so beautiful . . . 


Pink coats  . . .  pink anything really  . . . 


Four poster beds  . . . 


This  . . . 


Messy buns  . . . 


I have a long standing love affair with ribbon of any kind  . . . 


Same with donuts  . . .  in fact I dreamt about donuts last night. 
 

Oh to have a waistline  . . . 


Beautifully flowery dresses  . . . 


Blue jeans although I have not been able to wear a pair in years  . . . 


Spaniel puppies  . . . .  so adorable  . . . 


Shoes with bows  . . . . 


Italian Gelato  . . . 


Books with pretty bindings  . . . 


Anything with bees  . . . 


Fruity tea pots  . . . . 


Toadstool soup bowls  . . . 


Sigh  . . .  I want me a rolling pin like that  . . . 


Russian bee postal stamp  . . .  


I have a ring thing  . . . . 


Belly snuffles  . . . . 



Fruit, cereal and yogurt  . . . 

And those are my favourite things for this week. Maybe some of them were yours too . . . 


Happy Birthday to my special girl today. Eileen. Its hard to believe she is 43! How did that happen. When I was a little girl I dreamt of having a little girl of my own on day with blonde hair and brown eyes.  I was going to call her Honey. I had the girl with the blonde hair and the brown eyes, but I did not get to call her Honey. Nevermind, she will always be my special Honey.  Love her to pieces.  I hope she has the perfect day! 
 
My friend Warren came through his by-pass operation safely.  Please pray for his continued improvement and healing.  Thank you!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
I want to have a little house
with sunslight on the floor,
a chimney with a rosy hearth,
and lilac by the door.
~Nancy Bird Turner •。★★ 。* 




I am sharing a delicious Amish Chicken & Stuffing Casserole in The English Kitchen today.  Quite simply delicious. 

I wish for you a beautiful day, hopefully filled with some of your favourite things.  Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!  





























































13 comments:

  1. Happy, happy birthday to Eileen. So glad Warren's bypass surgery was successful. Loved all your favourite things. Have a nice day. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine. You too! I will try to e-mail you later today! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your Honey:)Lots of cute things:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Monique! Hope you have a lovely day! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Happy Birthday Eileen!
    xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie~

    Happy Birthday, Eileen!! I'm so glad that you are there to celebrate her birthday with her!! She is a special little, Honey!

    So many beautiful finds today...I especially love the beautiful bindings on the books...so pretty. All of these lovely things make me smile! XOXOX

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barb! Love you! Stay safe! I pray for America every day! Xoxo

      Delete
  5. Happy Birthday to your lovely daughter!! I am sure you rejoice for the day she was born!! Have fun celebrating!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved looking through your favorite things today. It was a break from trying to keep track of my husband. He is a terrible patient.
    I do love Audrey Hepburn. The photo of the snow in England was lovely. I like snow and we haven't had much. However, I don't like it for a long time.
    I really like the pink coat. I would love one of those.
    I wish I had long hair to do fun things with.
    Glazed donuts are my husbands favorite and I like Chocolate, of course.
    I fun to be able to fit in those gray pants and the Levi's of course.
    I love the puppies! I do love books and those were lovely. The photos with bees were fun.
    Your Eileen is adorable and I am so happy that you can be near her. Happy Birthday to her!
    Sending happy thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love those puppies LeAnn! I would love to have one to cuddle. Husbands are always hard patients. Eileen had a lovely Birthday thanks! Blessings and hugs to you! Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!