Sunday 3 January 2021

Thoughts for today . . .


I got up a bit earlier this morning so that I could watch church in my old Ward in the UK. Its Fast & Testimony Sunday so I was looking forward to hearing the testimonies of some of the people I have come to know and love over the past 20 years. I have always loved listening to the testimonies of others.  They help to strengthen my own. That's just the way it is.

The older I get the more I realise that I don't know as much as I though I did.  There are so many things in this life that I don't know, can't comprehend, don't understand, will never understand.

I don't always understand the ways of the world and why some people are the way they are, and why things happen the way that they do.  Why bad things happen to good people.  
 
I don't understand why life can be so very beautiful while at the same time being so very cruel. I don't understand the mathmatics and reasoning behind why things work, or even how they work.  
 
I see the sun rise every morning and set everynight and I wonder at the timing of it all, even if I don't always understand the way the moon works on the rising and falling of the tides.  
 
Life is a great mystery to me.
 
And yet, in all of the mystery, and despite all of the things which I do not understand and cannot begin to comprehend, there are some things which I know for sure . . . 

And that is this.  There is a purpose and a plan for everything . . .  even the things we cannot understand, especially the things we cannot understand. What we cannot see and cannot comprehend now, one day we will.  The reasoning will become clear to us with the 20/20 vision of hindsight. Maybe not all things, but some things  . . .  but I believe that eventually all of the answers will be clear to us. As clear as crystal.  
 
I have faith.  I have hope.  I believe in the promises of my Heavenly Father and that is what helps me to keep on keeping on even when I do not undersand the whys and the wherefores. That is where I gather my strength from. My determination.

Oh sure, I have my sad moments, and some days are filled with them. But, then I dry my eyes and blow my nose and steel myself to keep going. Life is what it is and it is beautiful. Finding that beauty is a choice.  Sometimes the choice is quite natural and sometimes it really requires a lot of effort on my part. I make the choice to find it no matter what because it beats the alternative. 

And I am not a quitter. And I believe in the hope of a brighter future for each of us. Despite the sometimes bleak quality of our todays.   

I think that sometimes the hardest part of life is resting in the Lord's timing. I am such an impatient creature. I don't like change. I have a difficult time embracing change and I tend to want things to work out now. I need to learn patience.


I had not heard from Todd's niece since before Christmas.  Todd didn't have a lot of family. A brother, his wife, a niece and a nephew.  I have remained in touch because I love them very much and they  are not responsible for his actions. They are good people. I was getting a bit worried though that I had not heard from her.  She has the virus and has been ill, but she feels she is recovering now.  I had been worried about that.  She lives very near to London and well, we all know what is happening there. Please keep her in your prayers for a continued recovery.

My next door neighbor Maxine is feeling a lot better, which is also a relief. I pray it continues. 


We got a bit of snow yesterday. I kept trying to take pictures of it falling, but to no avail. Its impossible with my limited photography skills.  This morning the roads are clearish and I don't think any more snow is expected and with that I will leav you with a thought for today  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Stop being afraid
of what could go wrong, 
and start being excited
about what could go right.
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ 


There is nothing new in the kitchen today, but I did downsize my Cinnamon Roll Muffin Recipe.  The downsized version makes six of these scrumptious muffins. Enjoy.

Have a beautiful day. Don't forget.

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!     











 

6 comments:

  1. Have a good day Marie..:)You're doing great.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, every dat may not be good ione , but there is always something good to be found in every day. Some days we do have to look a little harder than others. But it is always there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess maybe most of life we will need to work at being grateful...or finding things to be happy about...or so it seems. Yea, I agree, as we age, seems we realize that there is still so much we cannot understand!!
    HUGS, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie~

    I know, long time,no see! It's been one of those months...or two. I loved your thoughts today. Life can certainly throw us a few curve balls, and I think you have handled yours beautifully. Like you, I often wonder why things happen the way they do. But you are right, one day we will all understand the reason why things happened or didn't happen the way we expected them to. I am praying that 2021 will be a better year for you, you so deserve it. I'm trying to start this year with new perspective, no goals, just a new outlook on life. I'm so glad you are able to watch your church meetings, thank goodness for technology! I have enjoyed watching mine as well, and miss going in person, but hopefully that will change in a few months. You are such a thoughtful, kind person, Marie, always caring about others...bless you. Keep your eye on those "silver linings", they are always there!

    Love you tons,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Marie! I'm slow to visiting that past two weeks or so. Even though we were home and just us two for Christmas, prep and festivity takes over... haha! So nice to properly visit here and catch up with you, and not least see about your holidays with your family. Hope your Dad will be OK... I think you are doing FAB! After all you've been through the last couple of years... Every day is a gift, and you keep showing up for it--I admire that about you! HOPE is my word for the year. I think most of us, for many reason, are holding on this word this year. Here's to a brighter 2021! ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many things we don't understand, but we do have a promise for that: I Corinthians 13:12 - "For now we see through a glass darkly, but then face to face; now I know in part, but then shall I know, even as also I am known." KJV

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!