Thursday 14 January 2021

My Favourite Things . . .

 https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 


 These are a few of my favourite things. Maybe some of them are your favourites too. It is a good to take your mind off things that are bringing you down and to dwell on the good more often than not. You can admire without wanting. What can I say, I like to look at pretty things!  


Beautiful dresses. My days of wearing  such things are long gone, but that doesn't stop me from looking and admiring. This is gorgeous.


Fairy Lights  . . . 

(source

This combination of colours. I love it. If I could ever afford my own house, it would be in these colours.


Baby penguins. One of my favourite films was March of the Penguins.  Such tenacious creatures.  Fascinating. 

(source

Mittens. Mittens with hearts.  I wish I knew how to knit mittens. 
 

Stacks of quilts. I wish  . . .  

(source

Awww  . . .  someday maybe  . . . 

(source

Double awe  . . .  pudgy little puppy butts . . . 

(source

Hand knit socks  . . .  wish I could knit socks! My friend Tracy knits beautiful ones.


Love, LOVE this  . . .  such a pretty closure for a sweater.

(source

I quite simply adore this.  White. Lace. Texture. Pretty. 
 
(source)  

Sheep . . . they can be quite curious creatures . . . 

I love this sweater. It would be lovely in powder blue  . . .  or a pale pink. 
 
(source

Blue and white, blue and white, blue and white  . . . 

(source

Now there's a place I would love to go  . . . 

(source

Fresh bread . . .  

(source

Wisteria in bloom  . . .  

Roses in bloom  . . . 


Oh to have a waistline  . . . 


Plush throws  . . . 


Oh, if I could only pull something like this off  . . .  haha, I dread to think of what it would actually look like. 
 

Stars . . . 

(source

White  . . . 


Bows, polka dots and pink  . . . 


Winter pastimes  . . . 


Plate rails  . . . 


Lemons  . . . 

Hmmm . . .  now I am craving Lemon Squares. One of my great loves.  And those are my favourite things for this week. Are some of them yours too?

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
"Joy does not simply happen to us.
We have to choose joy and 
keep choosing it every day."
~Henri Nouwen 
•。★★ 。* 。  





In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Chicken Con Queso. I small batched this delicious chicken casserole to feed only two. Its quick, simple and oh so tasty! 

I wish for you a beautiful day, hopefully filled with some of your favourite things.  Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 


And I do too!    
 
 






























 




























7 comments:

  1. Beautiful favourites this week, Marie. I loved the blue and white china and the pretty sweater. Well, Trump has been impeached and life goes on. Enjoy your day. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, Marie! Ooo... LOVED all of these, every single one! That pink gown and a pair of those star earrings, yes p,ease! Fancy wearing something like that...and having a place to wear it too! I think we’ll be dreaming on that one a looong time... haha! Thanks for the shout-out... so sweet! Those socks that look like tiny paw prints on the toes—I gotta find out about those! It did take me a long time to get the hang of knitting socks, but I kept trying. I never would have imagined that 3 years ago, I first really knit socks, and now I’m making up sock designs... Life is so interesting! But really, the hardest part of a sock, I find, is the heel. If you can knit, you can knit socks! :) ((LOVE & HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely things Marie..have a good day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's always good to think upon the good things in our life. I love lemon in my tea and have a bowl of them on the kitchen countertop.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delightful favorite things, mine too! Have the happiest day, V

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marie~

    Awwww, i just love all of your favorite things today! I have some favorites though, like the quilts, the coats with a waistline...I don't have one either, but I love the coats! I also loved the crocheted blanket. I haven't hardly picked up a crochet hook this winter. I guess it's because I haven't been to the fabric store. There are a few places that I just don't venture. It's freezing cold here today, so I would love to go the the cozy cafe!

    The Chicken Con Queso looks delicious!! XOXOX

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  7. So many beautiful things...which can be enjoyed without owning...lovely!! All the quilts I have made have been given away...maybe it is time to make one for me/us again!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!