Thursday 10 October 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 



These are some of the things in life that I enjoy and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Lets share! 


 

When I was a girl I wished I could have a canopy bed.  This one is beautiful. Well, the whole bedroom is. It reminds me very much of the bedrooms they had at the manor.  So, you can probably be sure that whoever has this room is very wealthy. Very wealthy indeed.


 

Books about fairies and elves . . . 



 


October Orange  . . . 


 

Apricot jam . . . I need to get some  . . . 


 

Leaves that dance on rooftops  . . . 


 

Entryway inspiration  . . .  love these wooden floors . . . 


 

Storage jars  . . . 


 

Cheesy garlic bread . . . 


 

Dahlias . . .  so beautiful  . . . 


 


The curiosity of cats  . . .  look at those cute toe beans.


 

A healthy harvest  . . . 


 

Hens  . . . 


 


Afternoon light  . . .  dogs always know how to find the right patch  . . . 


 

Air stream campers  . . . 


 

A cozy nook to sit in and enjoy  . . .  love the painted floor boards . . .


 


Bunting  . . . 


 


Pretty tea pots  . . . 


 


Vintage handbags  . . . 


 

Stationary  . . . 


 


Wooden rockers.  I loved sitting in mom's  . . . 




Vintage typewriters . . .


 

 

A fairytale cottage  . . . this one reminds me a bit of the one which sat down the hill from the manor  . . .  all of Brenchley was a fairytale cottage village.


 

This  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week.  I hope that some of them were also yours!  I just love pretty things and images.


Cindy and I are going out for lunch today.  We are going to make a quick trip to Jonny's before it closes for the season.  We will probably also go to a farm market and to the Cambridge Convenience store which carries a lot of Costco goods. I have a few things I want to pick up before the weekend.  I am really looking forward to spending time with my son and his family. It will be great!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°To be kind is more important than 
to be right. Many times what people
need is not a brilliant mind that speaks, 
but a special heart that listens.
~F. Scott Fitzgerald° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚



Frozen Yogurt 



I got myself one of those Dash Pint Sized Ice Cream Makers earlier this week. Cindy and I each got one. They were on sale at the local hardware store. I loved that they were small and the perfect size for me.  I made some frozen Pear Yogurt in mine yesterday. it turned out beautiful.  You can read about it here!


I had an annoying experience last night. I was sitting here quietly watching television.  My phone rang with an unknown number. I usually don't answer when that happens, but for some reason I did. It was someone on about my credit card. I could hardly understand what they were saying.  They were on about some fraudulent suspicious charges to my card. I said to them, I am going to hang up and call my credit card company. They didn't want me to do that, but I said  I was anyways, and proceeded to do just that. They must have tried calling me three times while I was calling my actual credit card company. I kept hanging up on them. They were very insistent. The thing was they were using the actual phone number of my credit card company, etc.  I was right to call as it was a scam absolutely.  There are some very despicable people in the world. My credit card company said that they clone phone numbers and all sorts.  So, it is the wisest thing to hang up and call your actual credit card company.

I hope that you have a beautiful day!  Whatever you get up to stay safe!  My prayers are going out to those who live in Florida. They must be so afraid.  Whatever you get up to today, don't forget!

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 

⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

2 comments:

  1. We have been getting those calls.We hang up as soon I hear the voice lol.Sometimes I scream a blood curdling scream lol(J. was not impressed) How fun to shop with a family gathering in mind:) Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy lunch out with Cindy, seems like they just opened for the season, time goes so fast. I don't answer those unknown numbers, if important they will leave a message. You did right calling the credit card company to verify it was a scam. Scam do spoof actual numbers in hopes you will answer. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!