Monday 14 October 2024

A Day Book . . .

 



FOR TODAY, October 14th, 2024




OUTSIDE MY WINDOW ...

Its still dark, but I managed to grab this photo with my iPhone.  Isn't it a wonderful piece of equipment. I haven't used my regular camera since I got it.  You can see it has been raining through the night and the winds of the weekend have managed to blow a lot of the leaves off the trees across the way.  My neighbor Brian across the road and myself are the only ones awake on the street that I can tell. He gets up in the middle of the night and goes to bed in the afternoon. This is according to Sheila. She told me this and I have noted that if anyone goes to his door after noon, they are ignored.


And yes, this is a day early.  I have my first appointment with my Family Doctor early tomorrow morning so I will not be doing a post as I won't have the time.  Just a head's up!


 


I AM THINKING ...

So far, I have not really experienced any Covid symptoms. Cindy and Dad are starting to feel better, but Dan is now sick with it.  Can it be that I have managed to escape it this time?  I have tested myself twice, the last time being yesterday afternoon.  Still negative. I don't really want to test unless I start to feel very poorly as it is impossible to get tests now for some reason. They are not handing them out for free any longer.  I think you have to go to a center to be tested, and you cannot get the Paxlovid either if you do have Covid, unless you are seen by a Doctor.  In the meantime, I am not sure what to think. Am I still at risk for it developing?  Or am I in the clear?   I think it is best just to be cautiously optimistic. 


 

I AM ALSO THINKING ...

It is probably best to start masking in public again, until I can at least get my next booster. This would probably be the most prudent action to take, especially if people are unable to test themselves and are just walking around thinking they have a cold.  Probably also best to avoid dense social arenas, such as Tim Hortons. Not that I go there anyways.  I have not been inside a Tim Hortons in years. 


Leftover Turkey Stuffing Casserole


IN THE KITCHEN ...

Once I realized that our Thanksgiving plans were not going to come to fruition, I pulled a small turkey breast out of the freezer that I had.  I cooked it yesterday, along with a few vegetables and some stove top stuffing. I didn't have the bread to make my stuffing from scratch and one must needs do what one must needs do. I also made a delicious casserole with the leftovers which I will enjoy today.  Leftover Turkey Stuffing Casserole. Simple and delicious and a great way to use up leftovers.





ON MY "TO COOK" LIST ...

I have been eyeballing this Peshwari Naan recipe for months now.  Peshwari Naan is my favorite kind of Naan bread. Stuffed with coconut, almonds, and raisins.  It goes wonderfully with a curry. You can find the recipe on Sprinkles and Sprouts.  





LOOKING FORWARD TO ...

Everyone being well again and our lives getting back to normal.  I am also looking forward to meeting my Doctor tomorrow. Everyone says he is just lovely.  My friend Glenna has him as her Doctor as well.


 

Remembering how wonderful it used to be to lay back and have a nice long soak in the bathtub.  It has been a few years now since that has been an option for me.  When the children were growing up that was like a vacation for me.  Just running myself a hot bath and then escaping into it with a good book to read.  I have never done the candles, etc. but I did used to like a bubble bath once upon a time. 



 

SOMETHING NICE ...

Often quoted and used in wedding ceremonies. One of my favorite scriptures and very true.  Real love does all of those things . . . 



SOMETHING ELSE THAT IS NICE ...

This is a piece of art that I created almost ten years ago now. I used to gift a framed print of it to all of the Missionaries we knew when they were getting married. It was always very well received.


 

THIS I KNOW TO BE TRUE ... 

What you put out into the world comes back to you. 


I AM WANTING TO CREATE ...




I do have this pattern. I am really wanting to get back into making dolls.  I miss that form of creating. Maybe this Winter.  We shall see how it goes  . . .  Yesterday I did get a curtain made for the side of my desk.



This is something I have been wanting to do for a while now. It matches the curtains I hung over the front of my bookcases. Same fabric.


 

OH MY GOODNESS ...

I have fallen in love with Dahlias.    After seeing all of the beautiful ones grown by people on Instagram this summer I have fallen in love with Dahlias, although I could never grow any myself.  That doesn't stop me from loving them.


 


LOVE, LOVE, LOVE ...

Embroidered bunting  . . . 




I AM READING ...

ENDURING LIGHT, by Carla Kelly


This is the second book in this romance series by LDS author Carla Kelly.  The first was Borrowed Light.  It continues on with the story of Miss Darling ( a cook) and Mr. Otto (A Wyoming rancher) back at the turn of the 20th century. I love this sweet love story that is unmarred by the smut that is often so prevalent in the romance novels of today.  I have read all of the books in the series before and loved each one, so much so that I am reading them all again, for the third time.  If you like a sweet story which flows beautifully then you will love these novels. They are just plain feel good books.

I am really enjoying reading through this whole series again.

THINGS I LOVE ...


Dan and Cindy, this summer 


 
Dad this summer 


 
My brother last year at Jonny's



 
Anthony, Gabe, Luke and Anne 


 
Eileen and Tim




  
Doug and his family, just recently.



 
four generations
Mom, Myself, Anthony and Gabe 



My family and family times  . . . 




SOMETHING TO WATCH ...

The new series of Matlock starring Kathy Bates.  Very enjoyable. I am watching it on Paramount +


A THOUGHT TO CARRY WITH YOU ...


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Keep your face always towards the sunshine,
and the shadows will always fall behind you.
~Walt Whitman° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 


And that is my daybook for this week!  Thanks always for being here!


  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•
*¨`*•. ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   



4 comments:

  1. Hoping to hear soon that all are well again and that you manage to stay well!!
    HUGS, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoping the doctor visit goes well tomorrow. I think Covid is now treated as a cold (doesn't have the same implications it had when it first came out) and the vaccines have helped to make it that way. Have a lovely Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you and making a nice TG dinner.One of my daughters had us all..Delish. I never sleep when I come home lol..Maybe an hour or two.Your life is now RICH with family.The best thing ever.I hope you all feel 100% soon.Our booster is the 23rd....Watching Disclaimer ..VG on Apple and I inadvertently clicked watch on Prime for so long Marianne..I may have joined Crave..will cancel right after.But I love it..Leonard Cohen.Dahlias..the love of my gardens this yr.Have to dig up and hope..And you could grow them.Buy a bag at Coscto..or your almost costco..Just enjoy one season!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your art is so beautiful. I think you mentioned that you cannot produce prints at home for sale. I wonder if you could market at by using one of those "print on demand" services like Printify, Zazzle, Redbubble, or Amazon Me cry on Demand?
    I am very unsophisticated when it comes to technology, but just a thought.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!