Wednesday 16 October 2024

Wednesday Witterings . . .

 

 


I am loving these autumn days.  We had quite a bit of rain the last week, and winds at the weekend, which has shaken a lot of the leaves to the ground, but I am still enjoying all of the colors, and I know there is still yet more color to come as not all of the leaves have changed as of yet. 


Ghosties and Halloween decorations are showing up in many yards and on many doorsteps. Some people really go all out when it comes to decorating for the holidays.  I used to love that when I was a child and when I took my own children out for Trick-or-treating. Such a fun night of the year.


Which reminds me, next time I go shopping I must get in some Halloween Candy. Usually, I have gotten it in by now. I am slow to the mark this year.



 


I got to meet my new Family Doctor yesterday and I was very pleased.  He spent almost an hour with me going over everything, which was nice.  I also got my flu shot for the year, which was also nice.  He was quite pleasant and very warm, not standoffish. I had heard from other people who have him as a doctor that he was a sweetheart, and they were right. He was.  My blood pressure was up.  He did one of those things where they take it five times in a row and look at the average.  So, I need to get a blood pressure machine and start taking it at home several times a day. He will be calling me in early November to see what the findings are.  But everything checked out good.  My iron is back up where it should be, my liver is okay, my glucose levels, etc.  No explanation for me ending up in hospital twice over two weeks, other than anxiety. Nothing wrong with my heart that anyone can find.  I am quite healthy, other than my blood pressure.

So far I have not come down with Covid. I don't know whether I can consider myself to be out of the woods yet or not.  It's been a week since I was exposed to it.  I guess I should just proceed with caution??



 


I was exhausted all day yesterday.  I don't know if it was anxiety about my doctor's appointment or not, but I did not sleep very much Monday night. I tossed and turned all night. I think the last time I looked at the clock it was gone 3 a.m. I did fall asleep after that, but it was a very dreamy sleep, and I was up at 7 a.m. I passed most of the day in a fog to be honest. I did not get any cooking done at all.  I just had no energy for it. I did try to take a nap a few times during the day but couldn't really fall asleep.  So many things I could have done, but I was lacking in energy and attention.  I didn't even really cook myself anything for my supper.  I had beans on toast because that was the easiest and quickest thing to do. I spent the day waiting for bedtime to roll around.  


Thankfully I slept very well last night. I made myself a Horlicks about 45 minutes before I went to bed and supped on that as I watched some old television shows on my Roku channel.  Father Knows Best and The Donna Reid Show.  Nothing that would require much deep concentration.



 


I am thinking of trading my iPhone in for a newer model.  That is what I use for all of my photographs now and for my videos. My phone.  The newer iPhone apparently has a pause feature on its video button.  That would be a huge help for me. 


I find myself really hampered when it comes to doing videos for my YouTube channel because I am trying to do things that I can do all in one go without having to stop the video or to have to fill in empty air space while I wait for something to finish.  Or without having to make two of something so that I have a finished one to show you before the one I actually make on camera is done. (If that makes sense.) 


If I could seamlessly pause the video, it would be so much simpler and it would mean that I wouldn't be as limited in what I could cook for the videos.  This bears much thought, and I think I need to go to the Bell store in the mall one day soon.


On the plus side, I am up to 942 subscribers now, which is only 58 away from 1000 which is how many you need to have to even be considered for monetization. Of course, other things are also considered, such as numbers of videos, hours of view time, etc.  It is definitely not an overnight process.



 


Cute mug, but probably expensive and you
could really only use it at one time
during the year.


The landlord's maintenance guy was here to clean the filters on my heat-pump and my air exchanger. He also fixed my doorbell which was broken. He didn't creep me out too much this time. I should have mentioned my bedroom window, but I had the cats locked up in there and I didn't want to let them out in case they got out the front door with all of his going's in and out. I think getting some wooden doweling is the best idea. My son was going to do that for me when he came over at the weekend for Thanksgiving, but of course that did not happen.   I am not sure when he will plan to come again. Maybe Christmas. 

I was going to get him to help me fix the scratch on my car as well. I had ordered the paint online and it came a week or so ago.  I guess I will have to read all of the instructions and just do it myself.  With the wet season approaching I don't want to risk any rust starting because of a neglected nick in the paint.



 


It looks like a sunny day is going to happen today. It's quite chilly this morning, but I haven't had to turn my heat on yet, which is good. The temperature outside is 6*C which is 42.8*F.  Definitely sweater weather. I need to go out to the shops at some point as I am out of milk and bread.  I also have prescriptions to pick up, but they can wait until tomorrow. I can't get them until after 7 tonight anyways, and I am not going out then, that's for sure! I will be in my jim jams!

I watch this girl Anna on YouTube. She doesn't have a car and is very limited in what she can do. She orders all of her groceries online and has to make do which what they bring her.  They often substitute things or just neglect to bring things. I am always so grateful when I think of how lucky I am to have a car of my own and the ability to go out and shop for myself.  She has to get a cab and pay for that just to even go to the Doctors and back again.

I am so grateful for my little car, and my ability to drive it.  I did not drive at all when I was in the U.K. if I could help it.  It was a nightmare for me driving over there.  I have so much more freedom here.  I will never take any of that for granted.  I actually need to make myself drive more and not rely so much on my sister doing all the driving.

She and dad are both feeling very well again, thank goodness and Dan is on the mend as well. 



 



When it comes right down to it, I have a lot to be grateful to God for in my life.  My car, my home, my family, my friends, my health, my cats, my job . . . my faith. I live a very abundant life, and I do not take any of it for granted.  I give thanks each and every day for all of it.  I am very cognizant that there, but for the Grace of God, go I.  I have enough and can ask for nothing more than that.


And with that I will leave you with a thought for today  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.°In order to be irreplaceable,
one must always be different.
~Coco Chanel  ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


Well, I don't know how irreplaceable I am, but I have certainly always been different.


Upside Down Toffee Apple Brownies



Because I did not cook yesterday, there is nothing new in The English Kitchen today, but I am sharing an older recipe.  Upside Down Toffee Apple Brownies.  Totally scrumptious. All the flavors of a Toffee Apple in a brownie. Wonderful served warm with a hot cuppa or a scoop of vanilla ice cream.


I hope that you have a beautiful day no matter what it brings to your table. I hope you are blessed and happy and content.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget!


═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 

⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

4 comments:

  1. Hope your doctor will continue being helpful...those kind are not easy to find in any situation anymore I think. Had a bunch of bloodwork done but nothing found to cause my recent problem yet. Good and bad I suppose. But it may be due to undue stress in living where I do (less than stellar location at best!!) At least I sleep fine when I get the chance. I have high blood pressure but not on meds (due to stupid Pfizer stopping making what worked for 25 years anymore)...but I am eating at least 1/2 to a whole banana a day and it has definitely helped!! Loosing weight helps but that is far from easy!! There is a lot of helpful info online too...encourage you to research the things you can do that may help and try them (food related especially). Glad the sick folk are doing better and you are still ok!!
    HUGS, Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good the doctor visit went well. Mine took me off of the cholesterol pill as I was having terrible side effects, so much better now after about 3 weeks, he will monitor it with another blood test in November. I'm sure your restless sleep was because of you worrying about the doctor visit. I a thinking of a new iphone too checked them out and saw the video feature and thought of you. Sunny and chilly here, we have had a couple of light frosts, furnace has been on overnight as it is dropping down to 3 Celsius. Good to hear your Dad Cindy and Dan are on the mend. I think you missed it this time around. Have a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have sleepless nights too before something different..appointments etc..and or full moon..J thinks impossible..I say possible.I know and have known others that do not sleep at full moons.Glad you like Dr Kildare:)Great no covid!Lots to be grateful for for certain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great to hear positive health news, so much to be grateful for…good car, nice cozy home..checking off a long list of chores and other work♥️ May you have a happy day. xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!