Monday 22 April 2024

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 


 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.


 

All the pretty little yellow heads of daffodils blooming up and down our street. It makes me smile to see them. I should plant some daffodils.  They are such a cheerful sight after the Winter. 

 


I love the books about Jenny Linsky the cat. I wish I had seen them when I was a child.  I know that I would have been thoroughly delighted with them.  But then again, I have always loved books with humanized animals in them.  Loved them then, love them now.  They make my heart smile. 


 


Church on a Sunday morning. There is no place I would rather be. I love to listen to and sing the hymns. I love to partake of the sacrament and ponder the Savior as I do.  To take his name upon me. I love being able to do this with others who feel the same way as I do about these things. 



I have always loved brooches.  I like to wear them on my sweater when I go to church on Sundays.  I recently purchases this white jade lily of the valley one on Etsy. It came on Friday and I was able to wear it yesterday. I love lily of the valley and this brooch is bringing me so much joy. It is a small thing but such a happy little thing. For years and years I did not really have any jewelry. My mother had a huge jewelry box full of it. Pins, earrings, bracelets, etc. I have never really had much more than a few earrings and a brooch or two.  Gifts from friends. I am adding to my collection a bit at a time.  It brings me joy. None of it is really expensive. Just costume stuff really, but it makes me happy. This makes me happy.


 

Sunday dinners with family.  I love these family times. Time spent together in the arms of family is never wasted.  Building memories.  Enjoying each others company. Breaking bread together. I missed this so much when I lived so far away.





Days out and about with Cindy. We laugh. We cry. We are sometimes just quiet together.  Together. That is the important thing. I do not know what I would do in life without this best friend of mine. I love her so much, and not just because she does  a lot for me, but because our hearts are knitted together with a love and experience that has spanned almost 66 years now. I think in the photo about she would be maybe 3 or 4, I would be 6 or 7. It was taken in the back yard of the little two bedroom house we lived in when we lived in Gimli Manitoba. We have always been close. What a gift having a sister has been to me. Thank you God!  (And mom and dad too!)


 

The blessing of having enough.  Of everything. I need nothing.  I have ample. I am content.  I am truly blessed to not have to live in lack of anything. I have been truly blessed that this has been my whole life.  Having ample, sufficient, having enough.



 

Each of you. You are a blessing in my life. I appreciate you.  Even the silent ones.  You have given me so much support through the years. So much love and I know a multitude of prayers.  It does not go unnoticed or unappreciated.  It means a lot to me. Thank you.

And with that I best leave you with a thought for the day . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*To feel the love
of people whom we love
is a fire that feeds our life.
~Pablo Neruda° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 

I know I shared this one not too long ago, but somethings are just so beautiful I feel the need to share them again.




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Ten Perfect Weeknight Dinners for Two.  A complication of ten of my favorite small batch recipes.  Easy, economical and delicious.


I hope you have a beautiful day. We are taking my dad up country this morning to see his Doctor.  Its cool but sunny this morning. Its not supposed to get very warm today but at least it is dry!  Dry is good for travelling.  Whatever you get up to, be safe, be happy, be blessed and don't forget!



═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═════════     


And I do too!     
   





8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I saw it on Instagram and followed the link to Etsy. I trusted it then and ordered it. It came from a seller in Canada with a very quick delivery. They have all sorts of cute jewelry. https://www.etsy.com/ca/shop/AnotherOneDream

      Delete
  2. I love the lily of the valley brooch, I'm a brooch person too, have a box full of them, used to wear a different one to school every day. Sunny here too, about 10 Celsius will be the high. Enjoy your day out with Cindy and your Dad, a lovely time together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love brooches. I always feel like my neck and wrists are too fat to wear anything else and I feel self conscious with pretty earrings because, well, fat cheeks! But I do love a pretty brooch. High of 8 here today! xoxo

      Delete
    2. I love bracelets too, wear them daily, especially a gold one my grandfather gave me in 1966, it is so special.

      Delete
  3. Your lily-of-the-valley pin is so pretty. Hope you had a nice day out with your Dad and Cindy. I’ve just taken your Farmhouse Fruit Cake out of the oven and I’m happy to say it looks like your picture. That’s important. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That makes me happy Elaine! I hope you find it as moreish as I did! Cindy, Dad and I had a nice time with a cheeky Big Mary sandwich at the end of it all! Love and hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Marie, I found a large teapot at the thrift store which has a pattern similar to some of your vintage china (roses). I made a pot of tea with it to serve at a lunch recently, along with chocolate cookies. The childhood photo of you and Cindy always makes me smile whenever you include it in your blog. The sweetness of the bond between the both of you is precious to see. Your beautiful face is just so, no matter if the plumpness goes or stays, and please wear earrings with complete confidence, if you choose to. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!