Thursday 4 April 2024

My Favorite Things . . .

 


These are some of the things in life that I enjoy and which make me happy, inspire me, or put a smile on my face. Maybe some of them are yours too.  Lets share!  


 


The Classics. They are called the classics for a reason. They are timeless and just never get old.


 


Spring flowers, although it will be a while before we are seeing any here. It is supposed to snow today, and in fact is snowing now.


 


Radishes. I love their peppery crunch.


 


Vintage stoves  . . .  they have such character.


 

Fresh chocolate chip cookies  . . .  they are a real favorite of mine.


 



Enamelware  . . .  the potatoes look pretty good also.


 


A cup full of blooms  . . .  what a pretty way to enjoy them  . . . 


 



Oh my goodness  . . .  its a chocolate pig. I could not bring myself to eat it. Its too cute!


 


If this is a scarecrow, it's adorable  . . . 


 


Homemade garden trellis's.  That's how they did it in the old days. Very quaint.


 

Homemade ribbons  . . .  they're all winners. Love them!


 


Blue and white dishes  . . . 


 


Beautiful gardens.  Oh how I miss the National Trust. Used to love visiting their homes and gardens.  There is nothing like that here.


 


Old timber framed houses. This is Alfriston Clergy House in Sussex. I have been to it. The Manor was timber framed also.


 

Garlicky roasted asparagus  . . . 


 

Weathervanes  . . . . 


 

Scones and tea   . . . 


 


Hellebores . . .  so pretty and the deer leave them alone . . . 


And those are my favorite things for today. I hope some of them were yours also!


A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/   ~
\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
 *.˛.Now and then in this workaday world,
things do happen in the delightful
storybook fashion,
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
and what a comfort that is.
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Louisa May Alcott
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •





In The English Kitchen today  . . . . Garlic Butter Parmesan Butter Smashed Potatoes . . .  delicious, with loads of crispy bits. The small batch.


I hope you have a wonderful day. I think we are having a snowy one here in Eastern Canada.  A weather warning is in effect. We may not get what they are saying, but then again, we might!  Whatever you get up to, stay warm, be safe and don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

2 comments:

  1. The messy storm is coming to an end here, coating of snow everywhere, but not on roads. Take care with it heading your way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you a happy day. V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!