Monday 15 April 2024

Small and Wonderful Things . . .

 



"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny? It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard 


 A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.




Knowing this to be true means that I can handle every situation life throws at me. Good or bad.  I can trust in God's will for me and know that He sees the larger picture and that eventually all will be right for me. I just need to have faith and hold on.  He will see things right in the end.  All will be well in the end.

 
 

Spring is springing.  Daffodils are blooming. Tulips too.  Forsythia are coming into bloom. Narcissi.  The season of yellow is upon us, and what a cheery start to one of my favorite seasons!  Yellow!  Bright. Sunny. Hopeful! How wonderful that we live in a world that introduces each season to us with beautiful things like this!




I have a friend such as this.  Her name is Cindy. She is my sister. How blessed am I to have had this good, good friend for the past 65 almost 66 years!  I really do not know how I would cope in this life without her.  She has always been by my side. I love her so very much, and appreciate her even more than words can say.   What a wonderful gift from God she has been for me.  I know that I can call her any time, about any thing.  I know that she will always have my back.  We can laugh together and cry together and just be silent together.  I can only hope that I am even a fraction of the sister to her that she is to me.   She is pretty hard to beat, after all.  She is the best. NOBODY has a better sister than I do.  I will stand by that statement!  But if you do have a sister that is as good to you as mine is, that means as much to you as mine does, then you are a blessed person also!

Saturday night my smoke detector started beeping.  Every time it beeped the cats would freak out. It was pretty loud and piercing. I knew that I would not sleep all night with that going on.  I called my sister and she came right over and helped me to change the battery. With my knee I would not have been able to get up on anything to do it myself. And she would take nothing from me for doing so.   What a kind and caring person she is.  Once again, I am blessed.




Love this.  My mother was probably one of the tiniest people you could ever see.  A small wind could have toppled her.   She was one of the strongest people I have ever known. She withstood  many trials in her life but she faced every one of them with courage.  Oh, she may have cried a little bit through it all, sometimes maybe a lot, but she kept going, plodding forward. She was a wonderful example to us of strength and courage, tenacity, faith, etc. And she was kind. To those she loved, she was the best cheerleader. And a great supporter of the underdog as well.  No, she was not perfect. Nobody is.  But she was perfect for us. I loved and miss her so much.

I often think of all the kindnesses she did for each of us, all the ways she showed her love for us.  She showed her language of love to us in a multitude of ways. She was our biggest fan. 

  
 

I used to love listening to Andy Rooney at the end of every episode of 60 Minutes. He was such a wise man, and had such a wonderful perspective on life.  If I could find a book filled with his short essays I would buy it in a flash. 


 

I am grateful for my curious nature. It has made my life much more interesting. It has kept me seeking knowledge and growth.  It has taught me so much. I am grateful for a mind that is always looking to expand and to learn new things.  For a mind that wants to know what makes things work, what makes people tick, what brings joy and happiness, what spurs contentment, but not so much so that it is content to merely stand in place. For a mind that seeks answers to puzzles, to life. Which seeks to always know more, and is open to learning new things.



 

I am so grateful for my cozy little home. For my cozy little life. For my family. For my job which helps to fil my needs and some of my wants. For my faith which keeps me grounded.  I am just grateful. For it all.

And with that I best leave you with a thought for the day  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/   ~ \。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*We don't see things as they are.
We see them as we are.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Anais Nin° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Air Fryer Honey Garlic Chicken Skewers.  Seriously simple.  Seriously tasty.  Yum yum!


I hope you have a beautiful day. I have a knee x-ray at 10 and then we are picking up Dad and driving up to New Minas to finish paying for his new bed which is going to be delivered to Cindy's on Wednesday.  His room as all been painted fresh now (thank you Dan!) and the carpet cleaned.  It is pretty much ready for him to move in, which will happen sometime in the next few weeks I suppose.   A time of great transition for him and for Cindy and Dan.  Not to mention for Princess, his cat.  All will be well.

Whatever you get up to today, don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   


6 comments:

  1. Alovely life:)And that Cindy..Oh my goodness you two are so lucky:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What good news that soon your dad will be with Cindy and Dan and closer to you!! Indeed Cindy is a great blessing, a sister anyone would love to have!! I miss my mom so very much even though it was now over 23 years ago that she died. We have to be grateful for whatever is good don't we? And we have memories to treasure too!!
    Elizabeth xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello to you,
    There is a book for sale on Amazon, USA called A Few Minutes With Andy Rooney, it includes 50 of his best essays and is very reasonably priced.
    Lovely thoughts this morning, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life is good when we are surrounded by incredibly kind and loving people. You have it all here. Prayers for your dad and sis and spouse with their new living arrangement. I love to stop and read Andy Rooney quotes. Makes me smile. Have a wonderful new week and keep enjoying your sister's company.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sure Cindy loves you too, so lucky to live so close. Hope the xray goes well. Yes, a transition time for all of you. It is lovely and sunny today, warming back up again. Have a wonderful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think your dad us going to live living with Cindy and Dan. Hope Princess will get along with all the kitties. You are all such a loving family. Hope your knee x-ray goes well. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!