Saturday 15 April 2023

All Things Nice ...


 


I think of grandma's garden,
And the peace that always lay,
Upon the little cloistered yard,
All through the summer day,
The bleeding hearts beside the door,
The dressed that petunias wore.

She had a yellow climbing rose,
That grew serene and tall,
Hugging its own particular niche,
Set in the garden wall,
Like valiant soldiers holding on,
Against the inroads of the lawn.

Verbenas had their own small patch,
And in their loving way,
Wrought miracles of seed and flower,
To bless the summer day,
A rose of Sharon's stately grace,
Shed glory all about the place.

But bleeding hearts had something more,
Than other flowers knew,
As if the hand of sorrow came,
And touched them as they grew,
Making them kin to humankind,
Attuned to grief of heart and mind.

So when I see them on a steam
I always want to comfort them.
~Edna Jaques, Bleeding Hearts
Fireside Poems, 1950

 

Bleeding Hearts have always held a special place in my heart. I had a beautiful bush of them in the UK. My next door neighbor had a huge bush of them here in Nova Scotia.  Last summer she gave me a portion of her bush to plant in my garden. I really hope that it comes back. They are so pretty.


 


This is not a week that I would care ever to repeat.  That all of us would come down with Covid at the same time. The irony of it is that the very person we have been trying to protect from getting Covid over the past few years is the person who passed it on to us! You just have to laugh. My father is a social butterfly and . . .  well, I suppose it was only a matter of time.

Thankfully we are all on the mend.  In fact my father is going to meet his friend Hazel for Breakfast at the Green Elephant this morning. My sister tested him yesterday and it was negative.  So I wish him well.  At least they will not be in the car together and will be sitting across the table from each other.  I am surprised that Hazel did not get it as well actually, as they do sit together sometimes at the mall.

Dan was back to work yesterday, and Cindy is doing well. She is on the Paxlovid now also, so we are both taking it. My brother told me not to take it, but the druggist in town seems to think I will be okay on it. I have had to adjust my other meds.  I will take whatever will make me better.

My nose is sore from the blowing and rubbing, and my sides are sore from the coughing, but this morning is the first morning I have felt half human. I may even get dressed today!


 

My sister has been such a great support through all of this.  She was feeling poorly Monday and Tuesday, so I was able to do for her those two days, but then I came down with it.  Thankfully by then she had started to feel a bit better. She has been over to scoop the litter box twice now, and make sure I have what I need. Yesterday she picked up my meds and then brought me over some supper.  


I so wish that I could do more for her.  Maybe when we are all back to the norm I will get her a spa day or something. If anyone deserves one, she does.


 

There are many out there who think that Covid is finished or that it has just been a hoax.  It is far from finished.  The nurse who called me on Thursday with the results of my bone scan gave me the information on how to and where to report it.  I had to wonder how many people are not reporting it when they get it. We would not have reported ours had the nurse not told me about it.  And I am sure thousands of cases are not being reported because people simply don't know how or where to do it.   We have all reported ours.

This is not something you want to get, or something you want to give to anyone else. I am on the turn now, but for a few days I felt very poorly.  It was not like a bad cold.  It was worse than a bad cold.  I had the headache to end all headaches. I had fever and chills. Cold sweats, etc.  And felt exhausted. I am still coughing and blowing my nose, but I have turned a corner for sure.  Last night was the first night I slept all the way through and didn't get up even once.




I looked over the other night and this is what greeted me on my dining room table.  Nutmeg grooming himself, and Cinnamon laying down behind.  I just had to laugh. At least I am not alone.



I finished my blanket.  So am now working on a new one. I really like the way this one turned out. Its just nice to be able to keep my hands busy. 


They came yesterday to fix my heat pump, but I couldn't let them in because of Covid.  Hopefully they will come again.  I will have to jiggity their memory when I am in the all clear.


I don't really have a lot else to say this morning. I haven't been doing anything this week, except cough and blow.  I am on the upward now though, so next week things should pretty much be back to normal.  

I will leave you with a thought for the day now  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
  ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
 ˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*There are always flowers
for those who want to see them.
~Henri Matisse•。★★ 。* 。



I haven't been cooking so I don't really have anything new to share, but I thought I would share this Italian Lemon Cream Cake with you this morning. Its delicious and very spring-like!


I hope you all have a wonderful weekend. Stay happy. Stay safe. Stay blessed.  Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

 

14 comments:

  1. Glad you are feeling better, yes, a deserving sister for sure. I have white and pink bleeding hearts in the garden, and they are starting to grow. This morning the lovely yellow daffodils are in bloom. Oh no, wouldn't you just know they want to fix the heat pump when you are sick. Do so hope they return quickly. Hope you continue to improve over the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda and thanks for all your happy thoughts. I do hope that they return more sooner than later, but I don't blame them for not wanting to do it now. I could have been very irresponsible and not told them, but my conscience would not have let me do so! My neighbor Glenna's daffodils are in bloom and I saw a whole yard full of crocus in bloom today. My sister and I went for a drive in the car. It was lovely. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Continue healing!:)Yes a sister of gold..bet you are also!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Monique! My sister says I am and who am I to quibble! ;-) xoxo

      Delete
  3. So happy you're feeling better, Marie. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine and for all the prayers and happy thoughts! They mean a lot to me. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Glad you are better...really a quick case compared to earlier ones...so at least it must be true, the reports that generally it is becoming a lesser problem for folks. Have heard from medical people that they think this will continue now, like colds and flus that come around each year. Just glad it is a much lesser problem. Amazing that your dad bopped back so quickly too!! But sometimes the social butterflies seem to have better immunity!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not 100% better for sure, but feeling much better than I did Elizabeth. I did test myself again and yep, still a nice dark positive line. Expect it will be so for more than a few more days. I expect a week or so at least! Your happy thoughts are most welcome! xoxo PS - I think you are right. It is with us to stay.

      Delete
  5. Happy to hear you’re on the mend…xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a ways to go but at least I am feeling half human again V! Thanks for all your happy thoughts and prayers! xoxo

      Delete
  6. I said a prayer for healing for you, it sounds like you are on the mend. Your orange kitties are so regal and I admire bleeding hearts too. Maybe I shall plant one, I have not had success growing one yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Terra. Your prayers are very much appreciated. I still have a ways to go for sure, but am feeling much, much better. I think my cats are wonderful too! I am not sure what kind of soil bleeding hearts like. Once established however, they grow like weeds! xoxo

      Delete
  7. So glad to hear from you - I missed yesterday's update. Take it slow and easy. I am amazed your dad is already well enough to go out. That's wonderful! Yes, thank goodness for your sister - both of you are so lucky to have one another.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mary. I know I am far from well, yet, but do feel a lot better for sure. Your happy thoughts have been much appreciated. I believe my sister and I are very blessed for sure! xoxo PS - I think my father is in denial, but you can't keep him down.

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!