Friday 14 April 2023

A quick Update . . .

 

 

I thought I would update you all on how things are going.  Wednesday was the worst. Worst. WORST!  I felt so terrible.  Coughing, coughing, coughing.  I have gone through six boxes of Kleenex.  Cold Sweats. Hot sweats. Chills. Could not get warm. Could not sleep. A headache to end all headaches. I am still feeling pretty punky, but I am feeling much better today than I was yesterday.  I am still coughing a lot and every time I cough I feel like I am going to turn inside out. I have drugs now though.

I had the results of my bone density test via the telephone yesterday and I mentioned to the nurse that I had Covid and she wanted to know if I had reported it.  She told me how to report it and that I could maybe get some medication for it. So I did report it and my sister went to pick up the Paxlovid for me today.  It won't cure me but hopefully it won't be getting worse either.

My father is still not feeling very well, but he is going to my sister's today. My sister is feeling a whole lot better, and Dan is now back to work. 


I don't know what I would have done without my sister. I took care of her on Monday and Tuesday, and then when I got ill she stepped up and has been coming over, scooping the litter box, making sure I have what I need to have.  Emptying my compost, etc.  She picked up my drugs today.  She's just been a wonderful support to me. I am so grateful for my family.

Maybe tomorrow I will be well enough to do a real post. We shall see.  In the meantime, I'm still hanging in there and feeling a bit better each day.  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   


9 comments:

  1. Thanks for your update, Marie. I was getting worried when you didn't post a recipe. Please take good care and feel better soon. Love and hugs, Elaine (in Toronto)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! I hope I feel better soon also! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Becky in California has left a new comment on your post 'A quick Update . . . ':

    Yes, Marie, thanks for the update and so very sorry to hear that it has been so rough on you. It's so exhausting to have a bad cough, in so many ways. Thank heavens for your sister's help for both you and your dad. I hope the medicine helps and that you are all feeling much better soon. Have to wonder how many cases were never reported.

    Sorry Becky I accidentally deleted your comment. One does have to wonder how many cases go unreported. Until I spoke to the nurse, I really had no idea how to go about it. I am sure hundreds if not more go unreported. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good that Wednesday is over, and you have an amazing sister and meds to help you now. You will feel better tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Feeling better each day that passes! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hope you’re feeling much better and the medicine helps a lot…
    Rest. Rest. Rest. Your Dad too! Thank Heaven for sisters! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much V! I am so lucky to have the sister that I have! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Well, you helped our family. Reading this post, my husband had every single one of your symptoms, so he tested and we found out COVID is spreading through our house.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so sorry to read this. I hope that you all make it through without feeling too overly poorly. Saying a prayer for you all. God knows who you are. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!