Tuesday 19 July 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, July 19th, 2022

Outside my window ...
Its overcast and it has been raining. There are puddles on the road in front of the house. My two little munchkins are sitting in the basket in front of the window on chipmunk watch.

I am thinking ...
Last night as I was getting ready for bed, I looked around me and thought to myself, a year and a half ago I arrived back in Canada totally broken, with two suitcases and a carry on. Here I am now, having built a life for myself, in my own place, comfortable and with all that I am in need of, surrounded by family.  Thanks to the Grace of God.  I am so blessed.

I am thankful for ...
I have so much to be thankful for.  How much time do you have? The journey which has brought me to where I am has been filled with much love and a multitude of miracles.  Again, I am blessed. May I never take any of it for granted.

In the kitchen ...

Cherry Crumble Cake.  Very cherrilicious!

On my "to cook" list ...

 



Maria's Italian KitchenBocconotti Cookies.  These look fabulous! Filled with fig preserves.

Good to know ...



I am wanting to create ...



Namolo on Flickr. Inspo only I love the beautiful edging on this blanket.




Original Lovely. A sweet crochet t-shirt. 




The Hat and I on Etsy. Love, LOVE the colors of this blanket pattern and the edging. 



 

My Rose Valley on Etsy. Love this one as well.




Abby Munroe.  Art journaling. So pretty.

I am reading ... 



THE HONEY THIEF, Elizabeth Graver

The summer that eleven-year-old Eva is caught shoplifting (for the fourth time), her mother, Miriam, decides the only solution is to move out of the city to a quiet town in upstate New York. There, she hopes, they can have the normal life she longs for. But Miriam is bound by a past she is trying to forget, and tensions escalate. It is only when Eva meets a reclusive beekeeper that she-and her mother-can find their way back to each other, and can begin life with renewed promise. A haunting novel of memory and desire, The Honey Thief reveals the healing power of friendship and the ineradicable bonds of mother and child.

I am looking forward to ...
Going to the movie tonight with Glenna and Jacquie. Its the new Elvis movie. I hope it lives up to the hype.

Dreaming about ...


Hoosier Cabinets  . . . 




Old metal canisters  . . . 



Chrome Dinette sets  . . . 



 
Vintage linens  . . . 




A collection of cherries  . . . 

Something to watch ...



Re-watching Friday Night Lights on Crave  . . . 

Makes me smile ...




Daytrips with my sister.  We went to Walmart yesterday and Giant Tiger and then we decided to check out the Spurrs farm market.  They had some really beautiful vegetables and fruits there.  This was my dinner yesterday. Some leftover beef I had in the freezer and beautiful fresh veggies.




Corners of my kingdom ...




Mr. Personality, my little Lion King  . . .  Mr. Freckle-nose himself.




Can't leave out my little Princess . . . 

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*We rise° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
by lifting others.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
~Robert Ingersoll° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •


And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

8 comments:

  1. Fresh veggies in the summer cannot be beat. I could become a vegetarian and often have nothing but veggies on my plate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gratitude is everything! Love those tin canisters and the brightly coloured vintage tablecloths. Are you having a heat wave, Marie? We certainly are. Enjoy your day. Perhaps the sun will come out. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We are starting a heat wave here Elaine! My heat pump is working overtime! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Our lives changed quite drastically this year too...though not in as extreme a way as yours did...but it does kind of throw one for a loop adjusting to all the changes...even good ones.
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Any change can be a very hard thing Elizabeth and the older you get the harder it is! Yes, even the good ones! xoxo

      Delete
  4. I worried you would have nothing ..:( I was wrong..you now have everything you need and more.Bravo!!Enjoy the movie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly am blessed Monique! I really am. xoxo

      Delete
  5. You have so much to be grateful for. Enjoy the movie. Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!