Tuesday 12 July 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 



FOR TODAY, July 12th, 2022

Outside my window ...
The sun is shining and the biggest crow I have ever seen in my life is eating bread in the yard across the road. It is seriously as big as a Jack Russel terrier! I just stood up to take a picture of it, but it flew away.  Dangit!

I am thinking ...
It must be the daddy of all crows! Also, its garbage day and its not raining. What's up with that?

I am thankful for ...
This little furry ginger man who is sitting right next to me and singing purring me a sweet, sweet song right now. He is never far away from me. He is my little sweetums.  So is Cinnamon, but she is a bit more independant.

Also very thankful that Cindy was feeling much, MUCH better yesterday. I went over in the afternoon and she was on her feet and working away. Whew! Here's hoping it continues!

In the kitchen ...




Basic Rustic Loaf.  I recently decided to replace the bread machine that I had to leave over in the UK. Store bought bread is so not my cup of tea. Far too sweet and the texture is not the best.  This loaf is beautiful. I use a 60/40 blend of organic white and sprouted wheat, spelt and rye flours. Beautiful as is sliced and buttered or toasted. It has a wonderful crumb.

On my "to cook" list ...


Oh Sweet Basil.  White Chocolate Coconut Cream Pie. Looks fabulous.

Good to know ... 



I am wanting to create ...





Knitting Pattern.  Bobble Sheep Pillow. These are so cute!




Dawn McVey.  The cutest little hot cocoa ornaments.




 From Britain with Love.  Free guinea pig knitting pattern.




Elisabeth Andree Crochet. I love her work. 




Joy Williams.  Forget me Not pin cushion on Flickr.  This is so cute.


I am reading ... 



The Meeting Place,  Janette Oke & T. Davis Bunn

Two young women, their lives shadowed by nations in conflict, begin a friendship that will propel them on a journey from which they can never turn back....

The year was 1753, and the lines of separation were firmly drawn. The French had named the region Acadia, their "beloved home". When the British came soon after, they battled with the French on the new continent as they had in Europe for centuries.

The settlers of Acadia were either French or English, and though their villages might be but a stone's throw apart, most could go an entire lifetime without speaking to someone from the other side.

And then the chance encounter in a meadow of wild flowers...


This story revolves around the expulsion of the Acadians from Nova Scotia, and is the first in a series of books. Very good.  


I am looking forward to ...

Glenna, Jacquie and I are going to see the new Elvis movie next Tuesday night. It should be good!


Dreaming about ...

 

Wedgewood. I was in the shop in London. Filled with beautiful things.


 

Vegetable embroidery  . . . 


 

Pretty bowls  . . . 


 

Wild blackberries  . . .  bramble picking  . . . 


 

Holly Hocks  . . . 


Something to watch ... 

 



Pride and Prejudice on Netflix.  Everyone has their favorite version. It is the same with Jane Eyre  . . . 


Makes me smile ... 


 
Peekaboo  . . . 


Corners of my kingdom ... 



Waterfall of sorts . . .  Margaretville  . . . 


A thought to carry with you ... 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*To heal a wound 
you need to stop touching it.
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。

And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       



4 comments:

  1. Sounds like it will be a lovely day down your way. We had heavy rain overnight, but it has cleared away now and lovely and sun and getting hot Enjoy the day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could really use some rain Linda! My grass is looking very dry! xoxo

      Delete
  2. If I could pick one...it would be that cute lil' guinea-pig ...then again ..I do love that "peekaboo" ! Made me chuckle 🌸

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!