Thursday 21 July 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.     


Spending time with my sister. We are off on another jaunt this morning.  We put a Costco order in on Tuesday and we are going to pick it up, but first we are going to hit WalMart for a few bits.  Then to pick up our order and finally we are having lunch at Jonny's!  True Newf Poutine here we come! 

But the best part is being together! 




My two babies. They add such joy to my life.  Love them to pieces. They have been great medicine.


 


Time spent with my dad.  Priceless.  This has been a real gift. 




Fresh picked summer berries.  The ones in the shop pale in comparison. 



Reminders of God's presence in my life. Coming across things like this just when I need to read/hear them. There is no such thing as an accident. Not to me anyways. 



 


The colors of summer  . . . 

 


Peonies  . . .  they are all finished here now. 


 


The delicious earthiness of new potatoes  . . . 


 


Ice cold lemonade on a hot summer's day  . . . . so refreshing  . . . 


 


With the exception of the ironing  . . .  natural fabrics  . . .  linen being a favorite. 


 


Patterns of light  . . .  any time of day or night  . . . 


 


Wax seals  . . . special paper  . . .  together . . . 

 


The wonders of our planet . . .  and these are just stones  . . . there is so much more  . . . 



 

Polished  . . .  it takes a lot of tumbling to polish a rock.  We are being tumbled in life and getting polished also  . . . just think of how beautiful we will be when all is said and done.


 

When geese waddle  . . . 

 


Fresh beans . . . 

 

Crisp and white  . . . 

 

Beautiful in their simplicity  . . . 

 

Time for tea  . . . 

 

Walt Whitman  . . . 

 


The perfect supper  . . . . 

 


Perfect blues  . . .

 

Reds and whites  . . . 




 
(source


Summer ice creams . . . . 


 


Pristine  . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week.  

I had a fun time last night with my dad and his friends. But boy was it cold in the restaurant. We are having a bit of a heat wave at the moment, but sometimes they take this air conditioning over the top. They all had sweaters and jackets on, but I didn't and I about froze to death.  There has to be a happy medium.

A thought to carry with you  . . .

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*The glory of gardening:
Hands in the dirt, 
head in the sun,
heart with nature.
To future a garden is to
feed not just on the body,
but the soul.
~Alfred Austin •。★★ 。* 。 


 



Million Dollar Relish  . . .  the small batch. In The English Kitchen today  . . . 

I hope you have a beautiful day filled with some of the things you love.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       



8 comments:

  1. Lots of lovely favourites, Marie. Enjoy your outing with Cindy. I'm going to make your Million Dollar relish for sure. Love and hugs,
    Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! We had a great time. Hope you enjoy the relish! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Marie, I think you mentioned everything that makes me happy too. Those gorgeous little kittens are just the sweetest. Time with family is always wonderful too.

    Have a wonderful Thursday.
    Sandra
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Sandra. I love my kittens so much. Hope you had a lovely day also! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hoping this comment goes through, been having so much trouble leaving comments here and on other blogs, The google account signs in on some devices and not others. Have a lovely time out shopping and lunch with your sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am having the same problems Linda! I had a lovely time with my sister thanks! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday Marie's Dad ! What a beautiful cake ! I love that precious photo of you and your sister , so sweet .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debs. Thats my favorite photo of my sister and myself! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!