Friday 15 July 2022

My Friday Finds . . .

 



A  few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!  


  



Storage Cube Boxes made from fabric, from The Sewing Directory




A book shelf dollhouse.  From Love and Hot Glue

 



Crochet Slouch Hat tutorial from Sewrella





Sewing Kit in a Jar from  Martha Stewart. Love the embroidery. 
 




Cute little Knitted Snowmen Ornaments from Flutter By Patch.   These are soooo cute! 




This one is pretty cute too! A free pattern from Alan Dart.





A compendium of five vintage books on pickling, war-time recipes, household tips, etc.  Tis the season and all that!  From The Homestead Survival.   I love these sorts of books!




From Pretty Things for You.  Free pretty mason jar tags to print out.  Love these too!  There are lots of beautiful printables on that page. 


 


Again, from The Homestead Survival,  Fire Cider.   For colds and flu and whatever ails you. 




How to make Brown Sugar.  This could come in handy if you are baking and suddenly find that you are out of brown sugar!  From Imagine Acres



Making your own extracts for cooking and gift giving.  From Learning and Yearning.  I have always wanted to do this. 




* Frozen Lemon Trick * Freeze the entire lemon, peel and all. Once frozen, using a grater, add bits of lemon (yes, the entire lemon!) to all your dishes. It will enhance the flavor and aid in digestion besides other things.  




How to can your own homemade baked beans.  From Canning Homemade.   Oh, I do so love baked beans, especially home baked beans, but you don't always have time to do them from scratch do you.  This is a great idea.

 
 



From Thistle Bear.   A beautiful Crochet Pillow Cover.   I love it!  



Some really cure Felt Christmas Ornaments from Crafts Beautiful.  There is this reindeer, a bird, tree, etc. 



Lacy Waves Poncho.  A free pattern from Creative Knitting


 


Here is a very worthwhile project.  Twiddle Muffs.  These are sensory sleeves that you can make for patients with Alzheimers.  Most hospitals and homes are very grateful for them, or even family members.  You can find loads of free patterns for them and they are a great way to use up bits and bobs. This one is from  Tales from Spring Cottage



13 foolproof ways to  improve your life and become a better person.  From Nialogique





I really like this peasant top.  I can see it in all sorts of colours and it has three quarter sleeves.  Long enough to hide the bad bits, but short enough to keep me from feeling claustrophobic!  Found on Sew Different UK. 



 



I also like this Alice Top, which you could very easily wear a longer sleeved t-shirt under.  Like a tunic.  There is a dress version as well.  Found on Sew Tessuti


I also really, really like this one.  Found on  Wiksten




Cat embroidery anyone?  From  Craftsy. There's dogs too. 


 

Sweet!  From Flickr.   No pattern, just inspiration. 



 
This could come in very handy.  Found on Common Sense Homesteading



Cat Bookmarks from Mr Printables.  Cute! 




Patchword Bag Tutorial.  From DIY Tutorial Ideas



Five simple and stunning crochet edges and how to do them.  From  The Craftsy Blog




Turn a sweater into a cardigan with stunning results.   This is so pretty.  From My Two Butterflies


 


Little Fishy Cupcakes.  From Two Sisters Crafting.  So cute! 


 


Free tutorial for a bedside pocket organiser.   This could come in very handy.   Sew Can She




Topsy Fish Tail Braid Tutorial.  From Lulu's.   How to.   Lovely.   It looks so simple to do.
 

 


From Running with Sisters (love the name), a Pandora Ribbon Bracelet.  Love this! Complete how to. 




You know it all makes sense.

And that's my finds for this week.  I hope something caught your eye!  I'm trying to break my obsessive behavior here. I usually count all my finds. I am fighting the urge to do so today. I always try to end in an even number, and by tens.  Grrr  . . .  will not count. Will not count. Note to self: DO NOT COUNT

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*peak in such a way that 
others love to listen to you.
Listen in such a way that
others love to speak to you.
~Unknown•。★★ 。* 。 



 
In The English Kitchen today, Grilled Chicken & Pasta Salad. Quite simply delicious. I know I say that all the time, but its true!  I'm lazy and I like simple!

I hope you have a wonderful Friday!  Whatever you get up to be blessed and don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

9 comments:

  1. Dangit I came back and counted. 33 Now my ocd is going in overload, lol Resisting the urge to add 7 more things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hear you Marie. I count the number of strawberries or radpberries as I wash them. Why I don't know. I like odd numbers, lol. Have a oeaceful Friday. Love and hugs Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a compulsion I think. I also always have a tune running through my head and I rub my teeth together to it. Crazy I know. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Interesting tip about brown sugar. It is hard to break old habits, keep trying. Happy Friday

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked your finds this week....no matter the count, they were lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh golly, thanks for this lovely post….no matter the number. 😃Happy weekend! xo, V.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!