Friday 8 July 2022

My Friday Finds . . .

 


 few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!    




Sewing Times.  DIY Zippered Pouch.  A lot easier than you might think!




Claire Garland on Ravelry. Little Elephant. So cute! 



 

Yesterday's Charm. Rick Rack.  I love Rick Rack.



FabricArt DIY  Cute bird potholders. 




Tiny Fairy Worlds. Inspo only. But so cute!


 


This is a really cute idea for place settings.   Spray painted plastic pigs, but you could do plastic dinosaurs or anything!  From  The Kitchn



Tips for a better sleep, from Sigature MD.com.  I use the tenth one.  I never use an alarm clock.  Probably because whenever I have something I know is important to do the next day, I hardly sleep at all.  Not good.  lol




Homemade Cling Wrap.  From Nourishing Joy. 




Non-toxic, safe ways to clean the kitchen.  I use vinegar and baking soda a lot myself.  Its great for keeping your drains smelling sweet and clean.  From Pure Living Space


 


I love, LOVE this bag.  Free Tutorial from Hobby Distofa




I love this one too.  From  Kokka Fabric.  It looks so squishy! 



Cherry Appliques.  NO source, but how hard can it be.  That looks like fabric covered buttons.  You can buy the kit to make them at most fabric shops, a few felt circles, some fabric cording, a few felt leaves, some embroidery floss and Bob's your uncle.  Done. 


 


Love this slouchy hat.  Mulberry Hat found on Ravelry.   It is not a free pattern.  You need to buy a book, but if you are a keen knitter, it might be worth it. 




Ribbon Fish Tutorial.  Might be fun to make with the kids.  From  Love My Tapes. Tutorial.




These are super cute.  Felt Tea Cup Bookmarks.  I couldn't find a source.  They look super easy however. I went to her page and there's nothing there.




Toilet Roll French Knitting.  From My Material Life.  I remember my father making us these with wooden spools and tiny nails when we were growing up.


 


From Ravelry.  He's so cute!  I love it! 



I love, LOVE this tote.  Its a free pattern from Mama in a Stitch.   Really loving the pompoms!




50 Ideas to Organize your Home.   From The Budget Decorator.  Some of these are really good.



Building a Basic Stockpile with $5 a week.  Probably a bit more now.  From Little House Living.  


 


Summer Boredom Box.   I remember those days.  From Simply This and That




From Simply Recipes.   Corn on the Cob in the Microwave.   This is perfect for when you are only doing a couple of cobs, but if you are feeing a whole family the old fashioned way is probably quicker!

 



Snow Drops Reversible Cowl.  A free crochet pattern from Moogly




From Bullet on Tumbler,  10 ways to make your notes more interesting.  I love it!




Make your own Fairy Lanterns using jars.  From Pixie Hill.  A complete Tutorial. 




Make your own Paper Lanterns.  From EZY Craft on Youtube.   There are a lot of different paper lampshades there. 




A broken Flower Pot Fairy Garden.  From Az Sekerli.  What a cute idea! 



Printable Owl Bookmark and card.  From  Pay It Forward




From Noble Knits.  A free shawl pattern. So pretty.




Pretty Patchwork Slippers.  A complete tutorial on Through the Window.   I would love these.


 


DIY Flower Lights.  A simple idea using cupcake papers.  From Bridgeman Inspired Living.





Molly Moo Crafts.  How to make a Sock Monkey.   My two Lewis grandsons always loved theirs.



Make and Do Crew.  How to crochet Slippers from Flip Flops.   What a novel idea!

And those are my finds for this week.  I hope you found something useful or inspiring! 

Its a bright and sunny day out there this  morning, but a bit on the cool side. I don't find this summer to be as warm as last summer was.  My brother arrived home safe and sound without any drama, which is good! Prayers were answered.

It was nice to see Eileen and Tim finally after all these months. They enjoyed themselves very much! Its hard to believe they have been married 10 years already.  Time really does fly when you're having fun I guess! 

And with that I will leave you with a thought for today  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Be careful with your words.
They can only be forgiven,
not forgotten.
~Unknown•。★★ 。* 。


 
In The English Kitchen today  . . .  something to do with leftover pulled pork. BBQ Pulled Pork Nachos. Deliciously simple and on the table in about half an hour!

Have a beautiful day. Whatever you get up to, don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

10 comments:

  1. So many cute ideas today, I still have the old spool knitting made on a cotton reel, even has a face on it drawn by one of the girls :) Enjoy Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We used to spend hours spool knitting Linda! How wonderful that yours has a face drawn on it by one of your girls! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Cute cute things and yes time she does fly!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so love fresh corn on the cob and I'll have to try the tip for cooking it. I'm headed to our famers market this week to see if I can get some. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you were able to get some Pam! The corn here is as high as the knee caps now. It will be growing pretty quick from here on in with some hot sunny weeks! xoxo

      Delete
  4. So many delightful things and helpful tips, ric rack ♥️, thanks.
    Have a happy weekend, xo, V.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little knitted elephant and the embroidered rickrack. It would be pretty on an apron or a tea towel. I love pretty much all of your finds actually, Marie. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree Elaine. How cute would that be! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!