Tuesday 30 October 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook

 
FOR TODAY, October 30, 2018

Outside my window ...
Cold and dark, the dawn is just beginning to break. We actually had a frost yesterday.  Unheard of this early in the year.


I am thinking ...
How hard it is to believe that we are already at the end of October.  The year is swifly passing by. Too fast if you ask me! 


In the kitchen ... 
Sweet Apple & Apricot Pork Chops 

Sweet Apple & Apricot Pork Chops.  Enough just for two people, but easily multiplied to serve more.  Tender and delicious! Slow cooking in the oven.


On my "To cook" list ...


Cookies and Cups.  Southern Pecan Bread.  I love nuts and I love quick breads. I am sure I would adore this! 


Good to know ...

Tips for an afternoon Tea . . . 


I am creating ...
 
Start Knitting.  I love the simplicity of this. Free pattern.


No Hooks Given.  Free pattern.  


Simply simple Stamping.  Andes Mints Holders.  Tutorial inspiration.




I can't find a source, but this is cute!



Sew a Little Love.  Christmas Tree Oh Christmas Tree.  Cute!  


Oh My Goodness! 


I miss them  . . . 

  

These too . . .  sigh . . . 

I am reading ...

 

Eleanor Oliphant is Completely Fine, by Gail Honeyman 
 Eleanor Oliphant has learned how to survive – but not how to live Eleanor Oliphant leads a simple life. She wears the same clothes to work every day, eats the same meal deal for lunch every day and buys the same two bottles of vodka to drink every weekend. Eleanor Oliphant is happy. Nothing is missing from her carefully timetabled life. Except, sometimes, everything.

One simple act of kindness is about to shatter the walls Eleanor has built around herself. Now she must learn how to navigate the world that everyone else seems to take for granted – while searching for the courage to face the dark corners she’s avoided all her life. Change can be good. Change can be bad. But surely any change is better than… fine?

I am really enjoying this!  I find myself looking forward to getting stuck into it each evening. I am down to the last few pages now and this is the first book I have actually finished in a long time.


Looking forward to ...
Hopefully going to the Temple in the next few weeks.


Dreaming about ...


Mares eat oats, and goats eat oats, and little lambs eat ivy  . . . .


  


Needlefelted lambs in flowery bonnets . . . 




Little jackets embroidered with lambs  . . . 


  


Straw hats bedecked with ribbons and flowers  . . . 



Yes she did  . . . 


Something to watch ... 


 

Mao's Last Dancer.  This was really REALLY good. Mao's Last Dancer is a 2009 Australian film based on professional dancer Li Cunxin's autobiography of the same name.


Makes me smile ...


I bet you smiled too! 


A Quote for the day ... 

 (¯`v´¯)
  `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.   
Create the highest, grandest
vision possible for your life,
because you become
what you believe. 
~Unknown ´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ. 
 

Corners of my kingdom ...


Dawyck Botanic Garden.  An arboretum on a hillside, with some elements of a woodland garden. The Veitch family started planting trees at Dawyck in the seventeenth century. Dawyck was gifted to the Royal Botanic Garden Edinburgh in 1978. There is a Rhododendron Walk, Beech Walk, Native Scottish Pine Wood and a collection of Rare Scottish Plants.Stunning  . . .

And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 



Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

12 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Oh, but I'm with you on wondering where October went! This year is passing by so fast... mmm... those apple & aprioct pork chops look delish! Lovely afternoon tea tips... and LOVE that knitted tea cozy--wow, that is a different design! Those mint holders are a fun idea. LOTS of good ideas and pretties all in all here today... Hope you have very good week there, my friend... and don't forget--LOVE YOU LOADS!! :)) ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its like a tea pot hugger Tracy! I hope you have a great week also. Love you loads as well. XOXO

      Delete
  2. Yes, that sweet baby pictured definitely made me smile ! Hope you have a terrific Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your Tuesday was a lovely one Pam and that Wednesday is even better! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Your chops look great..I can't remember the last time we bought bone on and that's all we ever had at home:)The wee baby is adorb..looking forward to seeing your new cozy:)They dress up pots so prettily.Have a wonderful day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They say the meat next to the bone is sweeter Monique, and I do know that a bit of bone adds a lot of flavour! They sure do Monique (dress up pots that is!) Wait til you see Grace dressed up for Halloween! xoxo

      Delete
  4. What a darling jacket for a baby (the little lambs on it)!! I don't know how you find all these ideas, but I look forward to them. I hope you are better...hubby and I still with some stomach issues too...tis a weird year!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just love looking at pretty things Elizabeth! Looking costs nothing! I still have a bit of cramps, but overall I am feeling a LOT better! I hope your stomach issues resolve themselves soon also! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie~

    First of all, I hope that you are feeling better sweet friend...:0)

    I really love your daybook, so many wonderful things too look at!

    I love apples and porkchops, one of my favorite meals...but, I can't wait to try your recipe!

    Bob's mom used to sing, Does eat Oats to my kids when they were little, I love that song...ahhhh the memories. One time I bought some cute little pillow cases with those same little lambs embroidered on them. I think I gave them to my granddaughter.


    Lovely part of the world to live in...and all those trees! It must have taken a long time to plant them all!!


    Love you tons!


    Hugs and Love,

    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I adore embroidered pillow slips Barb. I have not done any in a while now! That is an old old old song and I have many lovely memories attached to it also! I hope you try the chops and like them. We thought they were delicious! How are you coping with the loss of your mum. You have been in my heart and deepest prayers. Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete
  6. The Corner of the Kingdom photo is lovely. The cute baby photo did make me smile; so cute.
    You book sounds so fun too.
    I loved loved what you have been dreaming about. Every photo brought a feeling to my heart.
    All the food looked so yummy.
    I liked the Christmas ideas and links.
    Always, a fun Daybook entry from you dear friend.
    Blessings and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much sweet friend! I haven't been feeling very well lately so am slow to respond! Love you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!