Thursday 4 October 2018

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥  
 

Glass Pumpkins. They come in all colours, shapes, sizes. This one is handblown by Leonoff  Art Glass. I think its quite beautiful. 


So are these ones by Jack Pine.   

  

Blyth Dolls.  With their big bobble heads and eyes and their small bodies they intrigue me. I could look at them on Pinterest for quite a while, saving, saving, saving.  They fascinate me. All the colours, all the different hair styles, all the different outfits  . . . I guess they come in different sizes also. 


Vintage Illustration, especially when it is from old children's books. I love the old verses also. I wonder do children still read them? 

  

Mittens. I would rather wear mittens than gloves.  My hands feel much warmer and cosier in Mittens. I need to learn how to knit on four needles so I can knit my own. 


Rings. I love rings. Not overly large ones though.  Just normal sized.  I am not a person who likes anything around my wrists or neck much, but I love rings.  I did like to wear necklaces and bracelets when I was younger, but now I am getting old, I just think they accentuate things I don't want noticed, lol.


Marigolds . . .  they are such cheerful things. 

  

Whimsey in a garden.  I have fairies tucked away everywhere in mine.  They are a delight to me.


Pressing flowers in books . . . they are like little secret surprised that make you smile when you happen upon one.  The same with feathers . . . 


  

Forget Me Nots.  So precious, but I have yet been able to get them to grow in my garden. It is the same with Lily of the Valley . . .

  

Vintage Pot Holders  . . . 


Gingerbread Houses  . . .  I used to make one every year for my kids.  


  

Pies  . . .  from sweet to savoury. If its in a crust, yum . . . well, for the most part.  


The sound of geese flying South for the Winter . . . it is a haunting melody.  



Playing with felt  . . . 

  

Literally anything with polka dots  . . . I just adore polka dots. 



Clocks, tick tock, tick tock.  I find the sound of them tick tocking quite comforting, unlike a dripping tap. That I cannot stand. 

 

 
Poetry.  I adore poetry. I love to read it and I love to write it . . . 


House Plans, especially vintage ones and this is one of my absolute favourites. 

 

 Orange cats.  I think they are smarter than regular cats, but I could be wrong. Don't burst my bubble.



Humanized animals, which is probably why I love Beatrix Potter so much! 

And that is that for today. What are some of yours?

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.
Happiness is the absence
of striving for happiness.
~Zhuanghi   •。★★ 。* 。


Classic English Scones 

In The English Kitchen today . . .  a complete tutorial on how to make Classic English Scones.  Yum!

Have a fabulous Thursday!  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
 

And I do too! 
 



10 comments:

  1. I love house plans and I love that plan in particular. If I ever have the chance to build a home I want to have wide hallways and high ceilings with pretty architraves and ceiling roses. I hated leaving our old home as it had some lovely plaster work.

    God bless your day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I had the money I would build this house Suzan! xoxo

      Delete
    2. A dressing room appeals. It would become my retreat.

      Delete
  2. I have poured over so many house plans in my day:) As a realtor..and as having an engineer husband who loved to get involved in building the homes we lived it.
    I have to say..if I could build one now..it would be the one we stay in in St-Rémy.I am smitten with it..for 2 and even guests ideal..of course all the walls are stone and the floors too..so that would not work here..lol..Love many of the same things..
    Just the Blythe dolls..not sure..? Were they immensey popular? They remind me of the artist..and her Big Eyes paintings..cats..deathly allergic..
    I pressed flowers in my journal while away...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love St Remy from your photos. I have never seen a real Blythe Doll, and yes they do remind me of the artist with the big eye paintings also! Ohh, I bet your journal is lovely! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Marigolds are cheerful flowers! I've noticed that many are using them in outdoor fall decorating instead of mums. I got mums here for some of my planters, but I could have used the marigolds instead. I can't grow them in my planters though as they like a lot of sun and here it's mostly shade. Hope you have a happy Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have heart that mums attract earwigs Pam! Not sure if that is true or not! Happy Thursday! Xoxo

      Delete
  4. I to love those pumpkins. It's such a wonderment on how they do this hand blown work.
    I think I will get a pair of mittens and see if they keep my hands warmer. I need some gloves starting right now. It just turned cold.
    That's a stunning ring. I like rings and I don't like to wear much jewelry but my husband has given me some lovely pieces through the years.
    I too love Marigolds too. I want to plant more of them next year.
    Garden fairies are so cute and they do brighten up the garden.
    I love vintage stuff too as you well know. I love the Vintage House Plan. My Uncle and Aunt had a home that looks just like that one and the floor plan is close. I loved that home so much and enjoyed many hours of playing in it.
    Orange cats are adorable. I haven't had one but I have had some wonderful cats as pets through the years. One lived for 18 years. He was a Himalayan and very beautiful.
    I love geese. We have some that live across the street near a canal and they are here year around.
    Blessings and hugs for your favorite things post today!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love you LeAnn! My mothers Cat Tina, lived for 23 years and they have one there at the house now who is about 17 named Link. I think if you take really good care of your pets they can live a long time. Like you I don't wear a lot of jewelry either, but I do like rings. Well, looking at them anyways! Love, hugs and blessings to you.xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!