Friday 19 May 2017

Friday Finds . . .

 
A few of the things I find each week which spark my joy, interest and in general inspire me want to do, cook, think or create!  Maybe they will do the same things for you!

 

I have been collecting colour matches on Pinterest. I really love this combination.

 

 From The Sewing Loft.  Totally free.

 

 What a handy tip. Why didn't I think of that.  I am going to try this! I have such a hard time keeping my nail polish from the skin around the edge of the nails when I am doing them. Dump a Day.


 From Indulgy. How to paint tiny dots. I would have never thought of this.


 A garden dragonfly created from old silverware.  Very pretty. From ijcfyi.


 These very pretty ones are created from old spoons.  Very pretty. From Home Decor Ideas.

 

Thrift store finds into flowers.  From All Stuff. Very pretty.


 Giant Garden Art Alliums from The Empress of Dirt.  Can you believe they are just an old soft ball, some nails and paint! Genius. People are just so creative.  I am so glad they like to share their ideas!


Frame your books.  What a novel idea. (Every pun intended, lol) By Mark Taylor Designs, found on Booklover Tumblr.


Make your own Alcohol Inks. From Dream a Little Bigger. This could save you a bomb.


Summer Craft Ideas for Kids.  There's a lot of them!  All fun, cheap and easy to do! From Landeelu.



Pom Pom Hearts from Party Pieces DIY.


I love this Bee Hive Tea Cosy. It's so sweet and I love bees. Frazzled Knitter on Ravelry.  It is a pattern from Patons.

 

Fox Messenger Bag from Love Knitting.  I love this.  I love fox anything. 


Love these kitty kat, scrap buster, pot holders from Patchwork Pottery.  They're so cute!


Likewise these heart shaped ones from Ideas Times Two. A complete tutorial also.

 

 Becky Cooks Lightly, 30 free vintage Apron patterns.


 100 totally free Colouring pages for adults.  From Money Saving Mom.

 


 Preventing Mold on Bread.  I need this.  Our bread always goes moldy before we can eat it all. From Thrifty Fun.

and finally . . .


Six Figures Under. Can you freeze that?  Very helpful!  

And those are my finds for this week.  I hope you found something of use here!


And I think I have found the photo I am going to use for my book cover.  Cranked this out yesterday afteroon. and it just worked.  Whew! and the photo is un-edited, which is surprising.  (I wish I did not have those frown lines, but hey ho! I am almost 62, so not too bad I guess.)

  

We had the best time last evening with Chris and Courtney.   She did her mission in Japan.  What a sweet young couple.  We never shut up once, and a enjoyed a great meal together.  It always means the world to us when these young people want to spend time with us and enjoy doing so!  Its also a lot of fun to see them again, outside of "Missionary Mode."

A thought to carry with you through today  . . . 

.° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.° ˛°. . 
˛Don't look back,
You're not going that way.
~Unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 


  

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Tomato Sauce with Butter and Onion.  Seriously tasty!

Have a great Friday.  Its chilly here, but the sun is shining once more!  Mitzie is loving having free reign in the garden.  Don't forget today  . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!



9 comments:

  1. Enjoy your day Marie. I loved the bookcase and the cutlery ornaments. Now I have to go deliver some news to mum and I know she will be furious. Just the thing I want to do on a Friday night.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I can feel your dread Suzan! So sorry you have to go through this. Sending you love, hugs and strength! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Marie...Happy Friday! LOVE seeing the photo of you, and this one is the one for you book. :))) So excited for you! Oh, I love color matches and color swatches, too. I feel I'm not always clever when pairing colors, so sometimes it's nice to have the "math done" for me. ;) The silverware dragonflies are such a fantastic ideas--so beautiful! It's amazing what folks think of, and then make! Oooo... that framed bookcase is gorgeous--another stunning idea! Those heart pom poms are adorable. OK, you know I'm definitely bookmarking those kitty cat potholders! ;) Just so many goodies here today... Your tomato sauce with onion and butter looks so good. I make something similar and usually have some in the freezer for easy dinners! So good to catch up with you. It's been "one of those weeks," so I'm behind on visiting... Hope you all have a good weekend there ((LOADS of LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tracy, so nice to see a comment from you! Glad you like some of my finds today so many lovely things and so little time! I think the cat pot holders are definitely on my list however! I will be over to visit you soon! Love and hugs and happy weekend! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marie. Lovely finds, as usual! Photo looking good too! So pleased you had a good time with your lovely friends.

    We flew to Jersey this morning for the weekend. It's George's birthday tomorrow so we've come to visit relatives who live here and celebrate his birthday. We had bad news about Pete yesterday, they haven't managed to remove all the cancer so he needs further treatment. I think we'll be going back to London next week as we're going to Dorset the week after.

    Enjoy your weekend, lots of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to read about Pete Kate. Still keeping him and the family in our prayers. Praying it can be sorted soon and with positive happy results. ((((Hugs)))). Try to enjoy your weekend in Jersey. I hear it's lovely there! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, I loved so many of your finds today. I love your photo too; you look so happy in this one. It will look great on the cover of your book.
    Thanks for the tip on moldy bread; I needed to learn that one. Also, love all the children craft ideas. I think my grandchildren will enjoy this one.
    I love the yarn colors and Maxi skirts. I enjoy wearing longer skirts even on our mission.
    I will try the elmer's glue idea while painting my nails. I have a really hard time getting my nails to look good; I'm a bit shaky.
    I also loved the Vintage Aprons; so cute. I think I might could sew up oneof these.
    This was a fun one! Blessings and hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cathing up from being out of the loop for one week..Great photo1 It's real..and lovely..
    you look great Marie and love your hair:):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I a man a bit shaky when it comes to doing my nails also LeAnn, so I am going to try the glue trick next time also! Oxo

    Thanks Monique! That's what I like about it also! It's real! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!