Tuesday, 2 May 2017

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .


FOR TODAY, May 2, 2017

Outside my window ...
The sun is up, the birds are singing. Its a dry day.  Everything's coming up roses.

I am thinking ...
I am thinking I need to start driving.  Scary thought.  I have NO confidence whatsoever as far as driving over here goes, but I can see Todd making mistakes and getting flustered sometimes when we are in the car and that is even scarier.

In the Kitchen ...

Skillet Chicken Parm for Two.  A whole meal for two people done in the skillet, taking about half an hours time altogether.  Quick, easy and delicious! All you need on the side is a salad and maybe some garlic bread for some of the heartier eaters amongst us.

On my "To Cook" list ...


Rosemary No Knead Skillet Bread, from Gather for Bread.

Good to Know ...

Road trips are awesome, that's a fact. But they can also be stressful, and full of arduous problems. So to relieve you of worry and to make your life easier, here is a list of life hacks perfect for that. From eBay.

I am creating ...


A Collection of Crochet Flower Stitch Free Patterns: crochet inline tulip stitch, open work flower stitch, rosebud stitch, and more inline flower patterns. From DIY How To.


Free Printable Weekly Plan Sheet.  From Everyday Saavy.

Floral Elegance Bracelet.  Bead Tutorial.


Victorian Lace Square Blanket.  Free pattern from Signed with an Owl.


Mason Jar Floral Tags. Free Printables.  From Free Pretty Things For You.  

I am reading ...

The Cuckoo, by Sue Fortin  
Clare thinks Alice is a manipulative liar who is trying to steal her life. Alice thinks Claire is jealous of her long-lost return and place in their family. One of them is telling the truth. The other is a maniac. Two sisters. One truth.

 Also called Sister, Sister

The blurb suggests that 2 sisters who are reunited after over 20 years apart have many issues to deal with. Who is paranoid and who is hiding something? Just what lengths will they go to to protect themselves and what are we about to discover

With Claire starting the book in hospital we begin to wonder whether her paranoia has tipped her over the edge. But is Alice all she seems? Is Alice trying to destroy Claire's family and take her place?

I am looking forward to ...
Meeting my friend Valerie and her husband next Wednesday.  Her son did his mission here in the EMM several years back.  We knew each other at the time, but she did not realise that we had moved back up to Chester and were the Rayner family he was talking about.  Funny how that goes!  We still scratch our heads over that.

Dreaming about ...

Warm Summer Evenings  . . .


A country cottage bedroom . . .


A Bluebell Wood  . . . 

 

 Country roads  . . .


 Pies cooling on window sills . . .

Something to Watch ... 

 

 Designated Survivor on Netflix.  Fabulous!  We are hooked!

A favourite quote for the day ...

(¯`v´¯)
 `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
              ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times   . . .
If one only remembers to turn on the light . . . 
~Dumbledore, Harry Potter¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..

Makes me smile ...

Ostriches  . . . 

One of my favourite things ...
 
Salted Pistachio Nuts.  Love, LOVE them!

Corners of my Kingdom ...

"The Glory Hole" ~ High bridge Lincoln ~UK c1160 High Bridge spans the River Witham, the bridge is the oldest medieval bridge in England that still has houses built upon it. High Bridge was built around 1160 to replace and earlier ford across the Witham.

And that's my daybook for this week!

 ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
 ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..
 ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░

Wherever you go and whatever you do, I hope there's a great day ahead of you! Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!


 

9 comments:

Sybil said...

Morning Marie, bright warm sunshine down here as well, picking up John and Lura after 10 we are going to have a quiet day today, just a visit to Lacock the national trust village that is very near us ( you can google it see where we are ) then home...I do think you should get back to driving, it's not as bad as you imagine truly it isn't. What you can do is to take a refresher course that would give you the confidence and then you would be up and away....do you still have your British driving licence ?....if you do that's great as you wouldn't even have to get that....it's good to think you could both drive that would be a help for Todd as well......Now away to have our breakfast..........nothing like the breakfasts John and Lura have, although they did get a lot less which was all then needed !!

Grammy Staffy said...

Good post... Sybil and I are encouraging you to take a refresher course and get out there and drive. Ask for a blessing. You can do this for both you and Todd. We miss you but are having a delightful time with Sybil. She amazes us with stories of all the adventures she has. Sending hugs

Marie Rayner said...

Thanks Lura and Sybil. I know you are right. I may take a refresher course. We will see. It all costs money. I do have my British Driving license, but did not have to take a test for that. I just had to exchange my Canadian one. Even when I lived in Canada, I never did city driving. I never had to, so you can imagine how scary this is. I have heard of Lacock! Don't they film some of our great period television shows there! I do hope that we can meet in person one day Sybil so I can hear some of your stories of your adventures! xoxo

Tracy said...

Hi, Marie! WOW--your Skillet Chicken Parm looks sooo delicious--have bookmarked that one to try soon! So many pretties here today... that beaded floral bracelet is gorgeous! Those Mason jar tags are so sweet! I'm thinking I'd like to make the Victorian Lace Square blanket too, although I'm thinking softer colors--great pattern! Good luck with the driving... be safe! I don't think I could take up driving again. LOVE the image of the High Bridge! We were in Lincoln maaany years ago, but we didn't get to see the bridge then--must try for that again. ;) Happy Day, my friend ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

Bunny said...

Good luck with the driving, Marie. Good advice from others. At 82 my horizons are shrinking, but I have complete confidence in local territory. So, have a refresher course, get to know potential hazards, and off you go!
Going to have your chicken dish - sounds lovely, and ideal for one: the remains can be REALLY WELL HEATED, and enjoyed another day xx

La Table De Nana said...


You drive right?


I drive..but not outside my comfort zone.. I have no sense of direction..Downtown is out of the question for me..a ZOO..

so I hear you.

Loud and clear..

Love your suggestions for Netflix..started Line Of Duty..will see if we get this one:)

Love your meals for 2 also..

cute free printable and that rose croceht is adorb.:)


Enjoy today:)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thankfully I live in a small town and don't have to do any big city driving. Everything I need is close by and when it comes to long trips my children give me a lift. Hope you can get back on the road.

J said...

The only time I don't drive is in the winter. I hate the blk ice and slipping and sliding on it. It scares the heck out of me! I also don't like to drive when it's snowing so hard u can hardly see where ur driving! I'm so glad it's spring now! Lol.

Marie Rayner said...

Thanks Tracy, the only time I have gone to Lincoln was for Angie's funeral. Six years ago now! a very sad occasion! xoxo

You are right Bunny. Perhaps I need to take some driving lessons. It is mainly a confidence thing for me. Yes, the leftovers would be delicious well reheated! xoxox

Monique, I have always been a country driver. I did drive down South, but mostly to the grocery store and back. Over here they drive on the wrong side of the road, and the roads are so narrow and so busy and you have cars parked all over the place and they are as busy as busy can be! So out of my comfort zone! xoxo PS - Hope you enjoy Line of Duty. We are watching Series 2 now!

You are so lucky to have your children nearby to give you a lift for long journies Pam! People over here seem to think it is such a simple thing, but it is hard to convert my confidence from driving in North America to driving here in the UK! xoxo

I did not mind Winter Driving too much when I lived in Canada J, but I would mind it now! xoxo