Saturday 9 March 2013

The past couple of days . . .




You just wouldn't believe what my past couple of days have been like. About midway through the day two days ago I got slammed with the worst case of influenza I have ever had.  I was literally burning up with fever and aching from my head down to my toes.  I took myself off to bed and spent most of the day there and all of that night and most of yesterday.   I am beginning to just feel a bit human again, but my sides are just aching from coughing and I am quite far from being 100%.

I am feeling somewhat disappointed because I had planned on going to the Lady's Breakfast Get-together at the pub near our church this morning, but to be honest I don't feel like going and have not had any appetite the past few days.  Also a lot of the sisters are somewhat elderly and it would be irresponsible for me to spread my germs around like that.



I have watched more daytime television in the past couple of days than I ever want to again!  What a dearth of anything worthwhile!!   Seriously.  Or maybe it is just that I am rather picky.  I did quite enjoy a show on the crime channel about a girl who had been killed in New Zealand by her boyfriend, but I know the girl's Aunt.  She is a close friend of mine so there was some personal interest on my part and I am glad he was convicted and sent down for it.   Another good program was a film called "The Lucky One" based on a novel by Nicholas Sparks, about a Marine that finds a picture of a woman when he is in Iraq.   He reckons the picture is like a lucky charm and helps to keep him alive like a Guardian Angel of sorts and when he gets back stateside, he sets out to find the woman in the photograph.  Zach Efron, all grown up and bearded . . . not too hard on the eyes for sure, despite my wracking cough.

The fact that I am sitting here writing this this morning though tells me that I am well on the road to recovery, and that things may soon be back to normal, fingers crossed.   I cancelled my Dentist Appointment on Thursday because of this illness, so I still have a toothache going on, but hopefully I will be able to make the one I rescheduled for Tuesday.



In the meantime I am getting plenty of rest and drinking plenty of fluids, and hoping to be fighting fit soon.   I have missed you all.   Happy day . . .

PLEASE NOTE:   You cannot get the flu from reading this post, however your heart may race at the sight of Zach Efron, all grown up, with a beard.   You have been warned!

Also, if you are Zac Efron your stomach might be turned by the thought of a woman old enough to be your mother, with the flu . . .  thinking you are a hunk.  Meh . . . deal with it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!