Monday 18 March 2013

Small and Wonderful Things 4




“The alchemist was dazed and dumbfounded, as the true meaning of the magic was revealed: *The dead will rise from glade to glen and ancient will be young again*. The dead had, after all, risen. From dead and dry things there was growth, and new life everywhere. And the endlessly long winter had at last turned to spring. From life to death and back again to life. It was indeed the greatest magic in the world.”
~Lauren Oliver

Spring . . . it's almost here!!



Pussy Willows!   Have you gathered any yet???   There is a heavy frost on the ground this morning . . . and they are saying it may snow . . . but pussy willows are popping out . . . tis just around the corner, this elusive Spring.   I promise!


The genius behind the written word and the power it has to paint pictures in the mind.  I read those words and I know exactly what Mr Dickens is trying to depict here . . . and he's done it absolutely perfectly!


Renewal, rebirth . . . the chance to begin again.  It is a pattern in life which repeats itself again and again . . .  with the seasons, with the years, the months . . . the days.   Each day is a new beginning, a new opportunity.  A fresh page to write upon.  I am grateful for that . . .


There's a baby coming . . . a little brother or sister for wee Maryn.   It's news that delights and makes my heart smile.  One became two, then two became three . . . and now three will be four.   I love how that happens.  It's beautiful magic, and how it's supposed to be.

 photo worldcopyright_zpsacf81a5b.jpg

The pictures that come out of my mind.  I know not where they come from, but I am grateful that they come.  This came yesterday.  I sat down to paint a bird . . . a canary perhaps, and look what popped out.  I love it when that happens.


Cake . . . where would we be without it.  I cannot fathom a world without cake.   Do you ever sit and think to yourself . . . I wonder who invented cake and how it came about.  I do.   That's probably why I look like the way I do . . . it begins with a thought, and then the next thing I know I'm in the kitchen and a wonderful smell is coming from the oven . . . and then the next thing I know . . . I'm cutting a slice.  It's cake.


What will you do with it?   What adventure awaits?  What is just around the corner?    Isn't it exciting???
I think so . . .

A thought to carry with you through today . . .

“Joy is not gush. Joy is not mere jolliness. Joy is perfect acquiescence :acceptance - rest in God’s will, whatever comes.”
 ~Amy Carmichael 

 photo SAM_5435_zps044233c0.jpg 

Cooking in The English Kitchen today . . . Potato Pizza.

It's good . . . very . . . VERY . . . good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!