Wednesday 30 June 2010

Toodle Doo for now!



Well, today we are off on our travels. We will be driving part of the way down to Gatwick this afternoon and then the rest of the way in the morning. And then it's off to Canada. I can't believe that the time for my trip is already here! It's come up really quickly!

I am really excited at the prospect of seeing my family, and am really hoping that I will be able to see all of my children. It's been three long years since I have seen any of them. The last time I was there I got to see four of the five of them, and one of my (then) two grandsons! I did not get to see my middle son or his wife and son. since then two more grandsons have been born and, God willing, I will see all four of them and all five of my children! Happy Days!! I know I will see the biggest change in my mother . . . she's not been really well these past couple of years. I hope to be able to do lots of things for her while I am there, and try to make up in some part for my absence in her life.



All my bags are packed. Instructions have been left with the caretaker of our little place here, for plant watering etc. The house is tidy and clean. (I hate coming home to a messy house, don't you?) The fridge has been emptied of anything perishable. Prayers have been said. There's not a lot left to do now, except begin the long journey.

I shall miss you all ever so much. No computer at my mom's house I'm afraid, so there will be no e-mailing or blogging . . . how ever will I cope without my daily catching up with each of your posts and the sharing???



Nevermind . . . I'll make up for lost time when I get back. Be prepared for lots of cheesy photos and what I did on my summer holidays posts!

Take care and try not to miss me too much!! The time will probably go far too quickly and I'll be back before any of us know it! Love and hugs to you all!




*Warm Potato Salad*
Serves 6
Printable Recipe

Delicious and quick to make, this is a fab potato salad with a light dressing! It tastes best served warm or at least at room temperature.

1 pound new potatoes
1 TBS Dijon mustard
1 TBS grainy mustard
2 TBS rice wine vinegar
2 tsp sherry vinegar
2 spring onions, minced
4 tsp olive oil
2 TBS chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste



Put the potatoes into a saucepan and cover with some lightly salted water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat to medium and then continue to cook until tender, some 15 to 20 minutes depending on the size of your potatoes. I never peel my potatoes by the way. I love the added flavour and texture that the skins give. Drain when tender and then let stand in the colander with a tea towel over top, just until they are cool enough to handle.

Cut each potato into halves or quarters and then place them into a warmed serving dish. Whisk together the mustards, vinegars and spring onions. Whisk the oil slowly in to make a thick dressing. Stir in the parsley and season to taste. Pour this dressing over top of the warm potatoes, mixing it in gently and then serve immediately. Delicious!



In The English Kitchen today, small Chocolate Amuse-Bouche. Two-bite-sized little chocolate indulgences. Fudgy, moist and covered with a moreish chocolate ganache. Fabulous.

PS - I have set up a few posts to come up while I am away, every couple of days or so. I had a bit of problem with some of them, so the pictures may be a bit wonky and the text also in some. Blogger was so not co-operating when I did them, so they won't be up to my usual standard, although I like to think that the content will be! There's even a surprise guest post, so do come back and visit every so often in my absence!


20 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! Have a wonderful time with your family, safe travels.
    Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Missing you already!!!..lol
    Have a wonderful visit.

    Keep safe

    hugs

    Sheilagh

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time with your family Marie! I've tried to text you but the reception is so bad for my mobile phone at home.
    I'll be thinking of you! Love, Pat xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. How exciting that your vacation is finally here! Have a wonderful, safe trip and make lots of family memories. I will keep you and Todd in my prayers! Have fun Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a great trip and hopefully you can see all your family and take care of your Mom!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It will be a wonderful trip for you. Just enjoy every moment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a fabulous trip and enjoy your family!! See you when you return :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. marie, have a wonderful trip!! prayers for your safety all the way there!! enjoy every minute of your time with your kids/grandkids. hope you get to see and hug them all. lots of love! hoLLy

    ReplyDelete
  9. BON VOYAGE, dear friend! Wishing you & Todd safe & very happy travels! Enjoy the time with your family... I know you will! I will miss you much while you're away, and look forward to catching up with you when you get back. Can't wait to photos! Speaking of which--LOVE this photo of you here--so great to see you, and your sporting your hair much longer it looks like! Fun to see Todd in that little boat... tee-hee... Take care, be safe and wishing you the happiest day! :o) LOVE YOU HEAPS!! OXOX ((BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  10. What fun!! You must be excited :) Have a wonderful time, Marie, and be safe!
    Hugz,
    Cathy♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marie I'm so excited for you because I know you'll have a wonderful time. I'm praying for safe travel, good health and lots of laughter. blessings, marlene

    ReplyDelete
  12. Have an awesome vacation and I will look forward to lots of fun pictures of your family. Enjoy the moments and lots of love and hugs from your family.
    Be safe! LeAnn

    ReplyDelete
  13. Dear Marie
    I am SO HAPPY for you that you get to spend some time with your family.
    Hugs, Rhondi

    ReplyDelete
  14. You are going to have the best of times Marie. You and your Todd.
    Safe journey to you both and stay well.
    Wishing you both the 'best of times'. I hope it seems like ever for you with your famiy so that you can bring home some fabulous memories of your stay that will see you through next winter and beyond.
    Mch love
    Jeanie xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. You're probably on your way by now. But I'll still be praying for a safe journey as you come across to Canada. And I know you'll have a wonderful visit. Anxious to hear all your stories when you get back. Linda in Washington state

    ReplyDelete
  16. Sorry I missed you Marie I have been away all week.Just popped home for one night to check all is ok and I am away again for another week.until July 10th.So just making a quick swoop on blogger then packing again LOL.OI hope you have the best time ever and see everything and everyone your heart desires.Safe journeys there and back.Love your hair Whoo-Hoo you look fantastic.Take Care God Bless Kath xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I will be thinking of you every day. Have a wonderful trip. Love, Lura

    ReplyDelete
  18. I miss you already, and know that this is going to be a glorious time for you all... Stay safe and well...God bless!!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. hope you will have a lovely holiday. I miss you being around... Can't wait to see your pics. You and Todd are looking good. I didn't realize how LONG your hair has gotten. Hope too that your Mom is well...Best to you and will see ya when you return..Mica

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!