Friday 13 October 2023

My Friday Finds . . .

 



A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!

  




I couldn't find a source for this, but when I saw it I thought yes! 






Rescued Paw Designs.  Simple Striped Blanket. Easy. 

 





Simple Garter Stitch Slippers, by  Hanna Levaniemie on Ravelry. 








Teapot Applique Tea Towels.  Martha Stewart.  When I was younger, before the Internet, I used to gobble up anything Martha Stewart I came across.








Made Every Day.  Make your own Bias Tape.  







Again I could not find the source for this, but I love it. Looks like they have used a mix of ombre yarn, along with pale blue and white, with an ombre border.  Love this. 



  




Martha Stewart, knitted neck scarf.  Love this. 








Kayln Brooke, how to be a better meal planner with the bullet journal.   








Crafty Journal. 6 pockets from 1 sheet of paper.  







October Afternoon.  Pocket Page Mini Album.  Complete Tutorial.  








Sew Can She.  Journling Pen Holder and bookmark.  Free tutorial.


  





Made Everyday.  How to sew a pillowcase.  







Wholefully. Hot and Cold Rice Packs.  







A Few Shortcuts.  How to make reusable Swiffer refills.  






Mom 4 Real. Homemade Dish Tabs.  Baking soda, dish soap and citric acid. 







Of Life and Lisa.  Vintage cleaning tips.  






My Paper Art.  Pinwheel Fold Cards. Card within  Card.   







I am a Food Blog.  Mint Snowmen Marshmallows.   







Hoosier Homemade.  Hot Cocoa Kits.  





The Sugar Hit.  Danish Style Hot Dogs.  On an episode of Somebody Feed Phil, he goes to Denmark and he eats a Danish Style Hot Dog and declares it the best hot dog ever.  I need to try this. 




I could find no source for this, but its great advice!





Fab Art DIY.  I love this.  Its so pretty and so colourful!  And it looks really easy. 





Mimi's Crafty World.  A two tiered sewing box made from a shoe box.  Complete tutorial. 





Molly Sews.  Scrunchie Tutorial.  My friend Debbie and I used to make tons of these using our scraps and sell them at craft sales. They are so easy to make and are great scrap busters.


Sew Can She.  Bit O' Kindness Little Pouch.  Small pouches you can use up your scraps on and fill with something special for someone you care about.  


 


Sew Soft Cuddle Strip Blankets.  Simple to make. 
 



Knitting Bee.  Spicy knit pumpkins.  Cute!  




Its always Autumn.  Simple toilet roll pumpkins. No sewing involved, and you can undo them after Halloween and have toilet paper to use and fabric to use for something else.  





Cherry Heart Blog.  Grannie Patches Border Tutorial.  





Heart Hook Home.  I have done this one before and it also makes a lovely edge.  A complete pictorial tutorial.


And those are my finds for this week.  I hope you saw something that you like and can use!  Its been a few weeks since I have done one!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.Go placidly amid the noise & haste
& remember what peace there•。★★ 。* 。
may be in silence.•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。
~ The Desiderata•。★★ 。* 。° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * 
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * 





I decided to make myself a nice and light supper yesterday and so I cooked up a pot of Cream of Celery Soup and baked some Parmesan Pine Nut Muffins to enjoy with it. It was simple and it was delicious.  Both from scratch. The Soup and the Muffins.  Tis the season for delicious soups!

Not sure what I will get up to today, probably not a lot. It feels like a day to putter. I think I am about due a puttering day.  Yesterday I finished sorting my book cases, and got everything in from outdoors.  My geranium that Dan grew.  I don't know when we will have a frost but it won't be long.  I cleaned up my outdoor planters and put them in the garage and my bird bath.  Washed, folded and put away a couple loads of laundry.  Tried to organize my bedding. Went to the shops to pick up toilet paper. If you have a points card this week you can get a pack of 8 rolls of Cashmere for $3.99. They are regularly $11.99. Can you believe how expensive toilet paper is? I got two packs.  Its crazy how expensive it normally is. I might go back and get two more. I will think about it. I don't want to be a toilet paper hoarder.

In the meantime I hope you have a wonderful day!  Whatever you get up to don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!    

   

6 comments:

  1. You were busy finding lots of neat things for today. I've made a few, like the cute cocoa gift. Dropped to 3 Celsius overnight, but lovely and bright this morning. I've got a couple of lovely ferns to bring inside, just need to find a spot. A puttering day sounds good to me too. Enjoy whatever you do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda! Puttering days are my favorite kinds of day! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love the colors in that beautiful blanket:) I cannot believe the prices of EVERYTHING.And this war:(:(:(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its all heartbreaking, the war, the prices . . . I can deal with the prices just about, but the war breaks my heart. xoxo

      Delete
  3. Loved the little marshmallow snowmen! And my daughter-in-law knitted the Martha Steward scarf-bow for me - she called it a Miss Marple scarf. I love it.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love it too Mary! I need to perhaps knit myself one! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!