Tuesday 16 August 2022

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 


FOR TODAY,  August 16th, 2022

Outside my window ...
It is overcast at the moment, 14*C with 98% humidity. It is expected to only get up to 27*C today which is warm, but not unbearably so. I think it is about 80*F.  I have never been able to really figure out centigrade. We were taught Fahrenheit in school and then they changed it on us.  I know when it gets above 20 it is getting warm and when it hits 0 it is cold. 

I am thinking ...
Not about a lot really. How to live a more Christ centered life?  How to be a better example to others? Things like that.

I am thankful for ...
Everything.  Just everything. There but for the Grace of God go I.  In the lottery of life I came up trumps for the most part.

In the kitchen ...



Broken Potatoes with Garlic Butter & Soy Sauce.  These are incredibly delicious. If you like potatoes, prepare to fall in love with these. Loaded with lots of crispy nooks and crannies and beautiful flavor!

On my "To Cook" list ...






The Kitchen Prep Blog. Twinkie Bundt Cake.  

Good to know ... 


Scary! 


I am wanting to create ... 


Grillo Designs. How to make a rag rug out of old bed sheets. 





MJ's Off the Hook   Mini Bobble Trees. Cute! 




Start Knitting. Tiny Window Cat. Free pattern.




Craft Passions. Eye Glasses Bookmarks.


 


Your Crochet   Pie oven mitts. Cute! 


I am reading ... 



SHE READS TRUTH, by Raechel Myers & Amanda Bible Williams
She wants help and healing. She wants to hear and be heard, to see and be seen. She wants things set right. She wants to know what is true―not partly true, or sometimes true, or almost true. She wants to see Truth itself, face-to-face. 

But here, now, these things are all cloudy. Hope is tinged with hurt. Faith is shaded by doubt. Lesser, broken things masquerade as love. How does she find something permanent when the world around her is always changing, when not even she can stay the same? And if she finds it, how does she hold on? 

 She Reads Truth tells the stories of two women who discovered, through very different lives and circumstances, that only God and His Word remain unchanged as the world around them shifted and slipped away. Infused with biblical application and Scripture, this book is not just about two characters in two stories, but about one Hero and one Story. Every image points to the bigger picture―that God and His Word are true. Not because of anything we do, but because of who He is. Not once, not occasionally, but right now and all the time. 

 Sometimes it takes everything moving to notice the thing that doesn’t move. Sometimes it takes telling two very different stories to notice how the Truth was exactly the same in both of them. For anyone searching for a solid foundation to cling to, She Reads Truth is a rich and honest Bible-filled journey to finally find permanent in a world that’s passing away.

I've been reading this in bed nights and am enjoying it very much.

Looking forward to ...
Having Cindy, Dan and dad over for supper on Saturday night! Its been a while! 

Dreaming About ...

 

Pretty white buttons  . . . 

 

Chickens and wildflowers  . . . 

 

Bread and Marmalade . . .  good marmalade  . . .


 

Fresh plums  . . .   

 

Straw hats, dappled sunlight, picnics in the grass . . . 

Something to watch ... 



The Indian Matchmaker, Netflix. I watched the first series last year and am now watching the second one. 

Makes me smile ... 



Luna finally has clothes. My sister made me the dress and shoes for my Birthday, using a vintage country print for the dress. She sewed the coat previously. 
 


Luna no longer feels naked, although she is still missing her nose  . . .  I don't want to mess it up and ruin her, so I am being a big chicken. 

Corners of my kingdom ... 



Chief Inspector. Everything gets a once over.  He is very good at his job.

A thought to carry with you ...

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*I am sure there is magic in everything, 
only we have not sense enough 
to get hold of it and make it do things for us.
~Frances Hodgson Burnett
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。

And that's my daybook for this week! 


   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 
  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 
 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

12 comments:

  1. Lovely Luna in her pretty new clothes -she's adorable! Have a lovely day, Marie. Love and hugs, Elaine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine! She is rather spiffy for sure! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. I agree Luna and her clothes are adorbs..:)Your sister is a fab seamstress too.Watched the finale of Grantchester last night so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cindy has always been an expert seamstress! I need to get back in to watching Grantchester! xoxo

      Delete
  3. So this is where I got the idea for my Week That Was... I knew I'd seen something similiar and admired the idea. Hope you don't mind that I sort of copied you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's what sharing is all about Latane! Happy days! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Lovely Luna. We watched Grantchester too. Lovely day here, hope yours is too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda! Rainy here today as I type, but yesterday was lovely. xoxo

      Delete
  5. Darling clothes for Luna!! Fun thing to do!! Hope your planning and all goes well for the Saturday dinner!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elizabeth! They have simple tastes so it will be something simple for sure! xoxo

      Delete
  6. Lovely post, pictures….lovely Luna! Happy day, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much V! Happy day to you also! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!