Friday 5 August 2022

My Friday Finds . . .

 



A  few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!    



Cat Paper Dolls.  I couldn't find a source.  But how cute are they!  




 If you look on Pinterest, there are tons of cat paper dolls.  Fascinating.  




Vampire Maman.  Make your own articulated Vincent Price.  Did anyone else use to watch his spooky movies when you were younger?  





Your Crochet. Little Christmas Socks Stocking Advent Calendar.  



 
Pepika on Etsy.  A little Mushroom doll.  LOVE this.  I adore red and white toadstools.  Not free. 



 
DIY Forever.  Crochet Sleep Masks.  Cute!   




Simple Things Crochet. Autumn Leaf Coasters.   



Today's Creative Life.  Simple paper  lantern tutorial.  



 
Skip to my Lou. Pumpin Roll.   It will soon be the season for everything pumpkin. The fields around here are full of pumpkin blossoms! 




 

How to Nest for Less.  How to get organized in your home.  




Confessions of a Serial DIYer. Thrift Store Basket table decor.   Do you change your decor with the seasons?  



 
Cherished Bliss.  Wooden bowl candle holders.   




Curbly.  Colourful Pom Pom Wreath.  




Dainty Dress Diaries.  Leaf Trinket Dish with air dry clay.   



 

Adventure in a Box. Pom Pom Acorns.   


 

Jaci May.  Braided Friendship Bracelets to buy.   




The Instructables.  Candy Wrapper Bracelets.  Did you used to make gum wrapper chains?  What was your favorite gum?  I liked Juicy Fruit! 



With Hairstyles.  Space Buns.  I wish  . . .   at my age and weight it would just look silly.  




Tales of Faerie.  Different pumpkins and their uses.  




Cool Creativity. Yarn Buddy, free pattern from swecraftcorner.  





Amazing Knitting.  Free pattern for these ten minute booties. (It would probably take me a lot longer than 10 minutes!)   





A Wonderful Thought.  DIY Floral Wire Minni Ears.  Lovely!


  
 


Cosy & Cheer!  Dish cloth sampler set.  These would make nice gifts!   




Crafty Morning.  This could come in handy.  These places I live in are supposed to be roden proof, but you never know! 



The Make Your Own Zone.  Love this idea!   I love Swifters.  Wish I could find one over here. 




Hooked on Patterns.  Not free but not expensive either. I think they're cute!  These would also make a great gift! 




Cool Creativities.  Hanging Teardrop Basket.   





Sheena Hirst on Ravelry.  Santa's around for Christmas Doily. Free Pattern.


  


Lil Luna.  Birthday Cake Popcorn.  



Princess Pinky Girl.  How to paint a woodslice wreath.  





Weekend Craft. DIY mini embroidery hoop ornaments.  

 



Paper Trail Design.  Free printable monthly planner lists etc.   




I love this quote. Can you imagine a world where everyone practiced the art of being kind and helpful to others? 




Diary of a Quilter.  Complete tutorial.  




Scrappin in the City.  Some Birthday card inspiration. this is only one of many.  




A Subtle Revelry.  Pom Pom wrapping paper and bunting ties.  





Something turquoise.  Cake Bunting!  Love it!  





No source, but very cute.  Star picks.  You could use a paper punch and cut out anything you wanted from coloured paper. Butterflies, etc. 





The House that Lars Built.  DIY Gingerbread Gift houses. 



And those are my finds for this week.  I hope that something piqued your interest!

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Smile,
it is the key that
fits the lock of
everyone's heart.
~Anthony J. D'Angelo  •。★★ 。* 。
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。  



 
In The English Kitchen today, a very poorly photographed Lumberjack Macaroni.  This is an old, old recipe dating back to the 1950's. I remember having it for lunch at a friend's house back in the early 1960's. My mother never made things like this, so I was thrilled. It is a taste memory that has lived with me for almost my whole life. 

Thank you all for your lovely comments yesterday.  I truly appreciated each and every one of them.  I ended up going out with my sister for most of the day yesterday rather than stay home and wallow on my own. It was the best thing.  We went to the fabric store and perused.  We went to Giant Tiger.  We had lunch at A&W.  We then went back to her place and spent quite a while looking at the fabrics on Spoonflower. You should see the beautiful handbag my sister made.  She is such a beautiful seamstress.

I talked to my brother for a while yesterday and my oldest son.  I slept a bit better last night, although it still took me quite a while to fall asleep. Some nights are just like that.

I hope you have a beautiful Friday.  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too! 
 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely day for you yesterday, keep busy. Have a lovely Friday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that's the key to peace. Keeping busy Linda! Thank you! xo

      Delete
  2. Great to keep busy in such wonderful company:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love my sister so much Monique. As you know, she is a special blessing to me. I will never take her for granted.xoxo

      Delete
  3. I knew Cindy would be there for you, as always. Love your Friday finds especially the bunting wrapping. Take gentle care. Love and Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Elaine. I thought of you when I saw the bunting wrapping paper. You are such a beautiful gift wrapper! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Wow, what a lot of great ideas today!! Glad you spent yesterday with your sister and talked to others of kin and am praying GOD will be with you in all this...and that it is a false alarm (was reading last night in a book and it mentioned that often those tests are not very accurate, so until more is known, try to rest!!)
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elizabeth. I am hoping and praying it is false, but also preparing myself just in case it isn't. That way I won't be as devastated I guess! xoxo

      Delete
  5. What a nice day….A&W ! …..a blast to the past for me. Keep enjoying your dear family and have a lovely weekend. Prayers and hugs, V.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much V! Your prayers and hugs are much appreciated! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!