Friday 19 August 2022

My Friday Finds . . .


A  few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!  



 

From Creek Line House, a tutorial on how to mop your floors.   I didn't know there was a wrong way, but this makes sense! 




From The Bold Abode, the natural way to freshen a room.   Who knew it was so easy! 




A HUGE collection of all things fall from crafts to printables and recipes.  From On Sutton Place.   A veritable wealth of ideas! 




A free pattern for a crochet hood.  I Love this.   Found on  Yarnspirations.  I don't look great in hats, but this I think I could cope with. 



 

I normally wouldn't have two crochet things in a row, but I am in love with this blanket of many colours.  Found on According to Matt.  (I love this blog!)   What a great way to use up scraps! 



 

You all know I adore anything Scandanavian stule.   I found this on how to decorate your home in Scandinavian Country House Style.   Wowsa.   From Inredningsvis




From Home Stories A to Z, 42 ways to decorate with scrapbook papers.   I love scrapbook papers.  But I don't really do scrapbooking. 



 


I love the way this simple chest of drawers has been made over to use as a buffet.  From BHG, Creative DIY Flea Market Makeovers





I love this coaster mug cosy.  It's a free crochet pattern from Patterns For Crochet.   These would make great gifts if accompanied by a pretty mug filled with a person favourite hot chocolate mix etc. 




Autumn Paper Leaf Craft Ideas from the Polka Dot Chair.  I love, LOVE Autumn crafts! 




RE-conditioning and re-seasoning cast iron cookware.   From I Believe I Can Fry.  (I love the names people give their blogs, don't you??  How very inventive!)




I love LOVE this idea of turning old lightbulbs into hot air balloon art.  From a Hungarian Page.   But it's a totally pictorial tutorial.   I Love the tip about standing the lightbulbs in a bowl of sugar to hold them upright for painting. 



 

This is something which I have done for years and years.  It's called my Big Blue Binder and has gone around the world with me.  The Budget Mama takes it few steps further! 




DIY Perfect Chalkboard Lettering, every time. From Sincerely Sara D.  I love chalkboard lettering.  It gives things a really vintage feel.  Especially now that chalkboards are almost non-existant!  It's all white boards and markers now! 



 

From Knick of Time, free printable vintage dictionary pages.  I love these! 



 

 Learn how to make pretty envelopes using any paper, with no special tools needed.  These are perfect for any occasion and of course you use specific papers for special occasions etc.  From Eclectically Vintage



 

I love this really pretty Autumnal Hydrangea Wreath!  And looking at the tutorial on A Night Owl, it's really simple to make! 




Did you do this with gum wrappers when you were growing up?   Folded Paper Bracelets.   I remember doing this.  I liked the Juicy Fruit Gum Wrappers best.   Found on Pickle Bums




Now, this is a really cute idea.   Felt Roll Pencil Carrier for when school starts.  Found on Mama From Greece.  It is in Greek but there is a translate button and it is a complete pictorial tutorial.



 

I love these Vintage Looking Labels.   A free Printable from Budget Decorator




The Lavender Chair. 10 free place mat patterns. Love placemats. 




BHooked.  Farmhouse Crochet Table Runner. Love this. 


And those are my finds for this week. I sure hope there was something here that you were interested in!


A thought to carry with you . . .


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Each day offers us
 the gift of being a special occasion
if we can simply learn that as well as giving,
it is blessed to receive 
with grace and a grateful heart.
~Sarah Ban Breathnach •。★★ 。* 。



Cooking in The English Kitchen today  . . . Easy Mexican Corn Chowder.  Tis the season! This was quite delicious if I don't say so myself!


I hope that you have a wonderful day filled with loads of goodness!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too! 
 

6 comments:

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!