Thursday 25 August 2022

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.  


 

 

Sunsets . . .  I could sit and watch a sunset forever and never tire of looking. The colors are so magical and yet it only lasts a few minutes, which makes it all the more special. The most beautiful sunset I have ever seen was on a train travelling from London up to Chester.  Absolutely stunning, with more golds and reds and purples than I had ever seen before or since.  And my boys were with me which made it all the more special.


 

Sunflowers  . . .  they always make me smile.  I don't think a person alive could look at a field of sunflowers and not feel something.  They are so bright and sunshiny. I just love them.


 

Fabric  . . .  I love fabric.  I could easily become a fabric hoarder.


 


Pretty pillow slips   . . .  love them  . . . 


 

The smell of fresh apples . . .  especially McIntosh  . . . mom loved them too.


 


Old tin tea pots  . . . 


 

Milk and Cream jugs  . . .  I had quite a collection  . . . 


 


Acorns and Oak Leaves  . . . 




Cotton nighties  . . . little wisps of air . . . ethereal  . . . 


 

Wooden spoons  . . . 




Vanilla Ice Cream  . . .  its my favorite flavor  . . .  


 

Ripe pears  . . . they are my favorite fruit . . . 


 

Cornish ware  . . .  blue and white crockery  . . . 


 


Danish Butter Cookies  . . . but I only allow myself them at Christmas time because I have no willpower around them  . . . 


 


Birthday candles  . . .  oh for the day we can blow them out again without worrying about germs . . . . 

 

Pillow ticking  . . .  something you seldom see anymore  . . .  


 

Cats and boxes . . .  I always let them play in the box for a while before I take them away and flatten them.  (The boxes, not the cats, lol)


 

Scented candles  . . .  they are a weakness of mine  . . . 


 

Lace curtains  . . . . 


 

So many happy memories of popcorn nights with the kids when they were growing up.  Good times.  I can't eat the stuff now, but I do love it  . . . 


And those are my favorite things for this week. Perhaps some of them were also some of yours! 


A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Train your mind to
see the good in everything.
Positivity is a choice.
The happiness of your life
depends on the quality
of your thoughts.•。★★ 。* 。




In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Cheesy Zucchini & Corn Bake. Making the most of seasonal ingredients.  Delicious! 

I had a nice time with Dad and his friends last night. Those waitresses sure make a fuss over my dad. He enjoys every minute of it. My sister and I need to go to the fabric store this morning so we are going to pick him up on the way and drop him off at the A&W so he can do his morning thing. It will be a bit later then usual, but hopefully he will enjoy it anyways!

Whatever you get up to today, enjoy yourselves and don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!       

4 comments:

  1. Sunflowers and smiles go hand in hand. Oh-h-h fabric shopping.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course some similar fave things:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah the fabric store...nearly as good as going to a book store, or a candy shop!! Have fun!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Marie~ So many memories while looking at your favorite things. I have an old tin coffee pot that was my grandfathers, I love it. Sunflowers, sunsets, scented candles, pin stripe fabric...you nailed it all!! Have a wonderful Friday. Hugs and Love, Barb

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!