Friday 26 August 2022

My Friday Finds . . .

 

A  few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!   


 

 
Stone Gable.  The secret of drying beautiful hydrangea.  
 

 
 
Daisy Farm Crafts. Twisted Velvet crochet head bands. Plus there is a video to help. 
 
 
  
 
 
Cecil and Co. Learn to create your own fabric mushrooms. 
 
 
 
 
 
Crochet Beja.  Crochet Wavy Pad Tutorial. I like this.   A lot. 
 
 
  
 
 
Creativities.  Lace Mystical Cape. Free Pattern.  
 
 
  
 
 Designer Switch Plates. Make your own found on A Piece of Rainbow.  Cute! 
 
 
  
 
How to fake calligraphy.  From Joelle Charming
 
 
  
 
Little Felt Mice.   Complete tutorial, including templates, etc.   Found on Rythm & Rhyme.
These are so cute! 
 
 
 
 
French Baguette Wraps.   A downloadable free printable from Heather Bullard
 
 
  
 
This little wine cork reindeer is so cute!  I love it.  I wonder if I can buy wine corks.  We don't drink wine so we don't have any, but I am sure you must be able to buy wine corks from somewhere.  Found on  Mom's Menu Planner
 
 
  
 
 Back to School Luch Ideas from Very Culinary.   I can remember how  difficult it was to make the kid's lunches interesting and delicious.   I am loving the sandwich puzzle! 
 
 
 

No source, but how cute is this little house ornament.   It looks simple enough to make. 
 
 
  
 
 
Creatures made from Clothes pins.  Found here.   What fun!  
 
 
  
 
 
 This fabulous Artist has all sorts of printables for free.  Her name is Erin Lee and you can find these things on Art by Erin Lee
 
 
 
 

You all know I adore anything Scandanavian stule.   I found this on how to decorate your home in Scandinavian Country House Style.   Wowsa.   From Inredningsvis
 
 
 
 
 
 I love the way this simple chest of drawers has been made over to use as a buffet.  From BHG, Creative DIY Flea Market Makeovers
 
 
 
 
 
 
 Ugly Christmas Sweater Ornaments from felt.  I love it!  Found on American Felt & Craft!  I love working with felt.  A complete tutorial. 
 
 
 
 
 What an attractive Passport Wallet to hold all of your family passports when travelling, etc.   Such a simple idea and so attractive.   Found on One Shabby Chic on Etsy.  Digital Download Pattern. 
 




Miss Mustard Seed.  DIY desk chair slip cover.  




No source.  Just eye candy and inspiration.  What a sweet place to put some pretty embroidery.   


 



Susanne Pinner. Granny Shawl. Love this.   




Little Treasures.  Crochet Flower Bookmarks.  




The French Needle, Sophie Digard.  Inspo only.  




Thermo Web.  Patchwork Acorn Potholders.  Free pattern.  



No source, but isn't this a pretty hot pad? 




Handmadeia.  Cosy Patchwork Slippers Tutorial. 




Canadian Living.  Gingerbread People.  



Gentle Work.  Forget me not  . . .  love her work.  




Hen's Teeth. Homemade Brooches. Inspo only.  



Again no source.  Eye Candy only. I love this. 


   


Cocoa Rose Diaries.  Again inspiration only.

  

Polka Dot Chair. Simple Fat Quarter Table Runner.
 




 Toadstool love from Flickr. Inspiration only.  



No source, but what a sweet thing to do with a baby shoe.  



Goosie Girls. Embroidered pin case pattern.  




Japan Lovely Crafts. Japanese Hand Embroidery. Not free,  but very pretty.  




Handmade diy.  Coin purse tutorial.  




Sew Very Crafty.  Easy to make closet safe.  


   


Sew Very Crafty. Reusable Produce bag.  





Crafty Staci.  Pie Carrier. Reversable. 


   


Sew Can She.  Patchwork BenchCover.  Sweet!  




eHow. DIY Floor Pillow Mat!   



Tip Toe Fairy. DIY Laptop Bag.   





An Inspired Mess.  DIY Vintage Necktie Pockets. 




Sew Can She.  Padded Binder Cover.  



No Source, but isn't this cute! 




Ravelry. Hanging Kitchen Towels.  I love these things.  



MJ's Off the Hook.  Free pattern with video.  Lacy Days Kimono. 




Sophie Kay on Ravelry. Mixed Stitch hot water bottle.  




No source, but so cute. Three kittens in a cup.  Cross Stitch.


Knitting with Chopsticks.  Chair socks.  


   


Crochet 365. Crochet Sunflower Wine Cosy.  




Petals to Picots.  Pineapple Hot Pad.

And those are my finds for this week. I have to be off to the hospital this morning for more blood tests, so will end this now with a thought for today  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *Happiness grows at our own firesides,
and is not to be picked in stranger's gardens.
~Douglas Jerrold•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 



 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Refrigerator Bread & Butter Pickles. Deliciously simple to make.

I hope you have a wonderful Friday! Whatever you get up to, wherever you go, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 

And I do too! 
 

10 comments:

  1. Hoping the hospital visit goes well. Binder covers, used to make those in school days. We are off for breakfast this morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really hope you enjoy your breakfast out! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hope all goes well..here if I need to go for blood tests I don't go to a hospital..d be hard pressed to get to one on my own.Cute things! I am cutting down on Christmas gifts this year.. so many people ..big people in my family now..stockings no longer Dollarama lol..thse boys are men:)Young but men.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully the hospital here in town still has a working lab. For how much longer? Time will tell, then it will be a lot more difficult! My grands for the most part are all at the stage now where I just give them a card and money for Christmas. They are happy with that! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Mine too money now..but their stockings are tradition..I may be doing them more for me..I have a hard time letting go of family traditions lol:)

      Delete
    3. I am like you Monique. A great traditionalist! Its hard to let go of them sometimes! xo

      Delete
  3. So many cute ideas today!! Hope all goes well with the bloodwork!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope all goes well and quickly at the hospital. Then, I hope you have a lovely day! xo, V

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Friday finds as usual, Marie. I'm going to check out the caligraphy one. Hope you're home from getting your bloodwork done. We're just in from running a few errands. Boy, it's another humid day out there. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!