Tuesday 23 November 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, November 23, 2021

Outside my window ...
Its raining quite heavily. I should have gone to the Post Office yesterday, but it was raining so heavily I didn't. This morning is supposed to be a mix of rain and snow, tapering to rain. So just a messy day altogether. I hope I can get to the Post Office today.

I am thinking ... 
Life is full of surprises.  Some nice. Some not so nice. But it is the surprises which keep it interesting. It would be so boring if everything always happened the same way day after day after day.

I am thankful for ...
Another day.  Family. Friends. Faith. Health.  My ability to support myself. The whole shebang!

In the kitchen ... 


On my "To Cook" list ...  

 

Great Grub Delicious Treats. Apple Pear Walnut Crisp. Looks, sounds, fabulous. 

Good to know ... 



  


I am wanting to create ... 
 


Sons Popkes.  The cutest crochet bumblebees.  



Crochet Beja.  Leaf Border tutorial. 



The Whoot.  Crochet Chicken Sweaters.  What next! Cute though! 



 
Backroad Bloom. How to make potholders. 


Marias Blue Crayon.  Crochet Red Truck Ornament. 

I am reading ... 



Closer to Christ, Emily Belle Freeman 

Each of us will experience moments when we find ourselves fervently seeing the healing, the hope, and the grace that only Christ can bring. Beloved writer and speaker Emily Freeman seeks to help each of us find the peace that comes through the Savior. 

Sometimes you just need a place to start, a reminder of how near the Lord is—a little bit of hope. Combining her two best-selling books 21 Days Closer to Christ and Becoming His into one engaging new volume, Emily Freeman first invites us on a 21-day journey toward a closer relationship with the Lord Jesus Christ. She then outlines a twelve-month path of discipleship divided into individual areas of focus, each containing invitations for personal growth, inspired counsel from prophets and apostles, and suggested scriptures to help us focus our efforts. 

 As you draw closer to Christ, you'll discover ways that He can refresh you spiritually, strengthen you in the face of adversity, and help you find more joy.

I've been reading this for a while. I love it.

Dreaming about ... 

 
(source

Christmas ribbon  . . . 

 


Snowflake Cupcakes  . . . 

 
 
A kitchen AGA . . .  nice and toasty in the Winter  . . . 

 

A good book to curl up with . . . 

 


Wooden Spoons  . . . 

Something to watch ... 

 

Everybody Loves Raymond on Netflix.  Love this show.

Makes me smile ... 


Anthony, Doug and Bruce  . . . 

My Three Sons.  This is the last time I saw all of them together. It was at Doug's wedding about 17 years ago now.  Today is Doug's Birthday! He is turning 40!  I hope he has a wonderful day. I am really looking forward to seeing him, Kayla and Josh this weekend. What a blessing he is still with us despite all of his health challenges.  I love all my boys of course. Doug is my gentle giant. He has one of the kindest hearts and sweetest souls.  A good father, a good husband, a good son. A good man.  Happy Birthday Doug!!



Corners of my Kingdom ... 



This is the town hall of the town I live in. My cousin works there and the RCMP have an office in it. Across from that is the Baptist Church. That's the church I got Baptized in when I was 15, and the church Eileen got married in. I don't go there anymore, but have a few happy memories of spending time in it at one time or another. This street is called Commercial street and is the street where all the main shops are. Its a typical small town.

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.It is better to look ahead and prepare,
than to look back and regret.•。★★ 。* 。 


And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     



11 comments:

  1. Some surprises are so dear and sweet Marie..so dear and sweet.Looking forward to your family visit! Cute town too.I did post office yesterday twice lol..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Monique! I have more trips to the Post Office to make as well. Just waiting until the end of the month! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Happy Birthday to your son, It's will be so nice for you to see him and his family soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait Pam! I am really looking forward to it! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Thanks for sharing your family and town…lovely people, lovely street.
    I love a good wooden spoon, that kitchen is dreamy and who doesn’t love Christmas ribbons… or any ribbons!?!? Good day to all, V

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with you on the Ribbons V! I love any kind of ribbon and save them like a crow! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Happy birthday blessings to your son! So many feasts for the eyes today; in particular, that kitchen. Wish I could wiggle my nose and transport -- at least for an hour or two.

    BTW, I heard from the publishing company this morning and received confirmation. So excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Mevely! Its all very exciting to be sure! Oh, that kitchen, I hear you! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Recipes look yummy! I will be using dried sage as I have so much on hand, so how much would you use in your recipe for stuffing? I am baking a turkey breast over some onion, celery and carrot as it makes such a nice broth and gravy...your proportions etc will be a nice help too. There is quite a shortage of turkey products of late here...unfortunately some of our favorite healthy turkey lunchmeat too. Wishing you the happiest of days with the grandsons and son and wife!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The rule of thumb when replacing dried herbs for fresh is to use half the amount Elizabeth! Hope this helps! xoxo

      Delete
    2. Thanks Marie...wanted to know if you agreed with that idea!!
      Elizabeth xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!