Friday 12 November 2021

My Friday Finds . . .

 

 


A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!   

 


From The Knitting Space.  Simple garter stitch knit slippers.  A free pattern. I love these!




Knitted Stockholme Scarf.  Free pattern from Ravelry.  I love Ravelry. 



Gilmore Girls Bingo, for a girl's night in.  From Play Party Plan.  A free printable. 




From She Knows.  Do check with your Vet first. 



The Slow Cooker Buyers Guide, from Recipes that Crock.   How to pick the best slow cooker suited to your own needs.  I have three.  A large oval, a small round and a small oval.  The small ones are perfect for two or three people. 


An invaluable resource for the Water Colourest, or beginning Water Colourest.  Today's Plans.  Free lessons and tips. 


 


A handy tip.  Glue a magnet to the back of something.   Stick a thumb tack into the wall.  Presto! 


 


Another handy tip for a pourable mason jar.  People are just so clever!  From Adventure Ideaz


How to set a proper table.  I learned all of this at school, but I don't know if girls are still taught these things today.  These things are good to know! 




 How to cut a recipe in half.  From Harris Sisters.  




54 Delicious Appetizers for the Holidays.  From Country Living


 


Homemade Bisquick.  From High Heels and Grills.   I have made this before.  It's great. 


 


21 Free Gift Tag Printables.  From Shanty 2 Chic.



15 Free Christmas Printables from How To Nest for Less


 


Holiday Home in a Star.  From Split Coast Stampers


 

Christmas Card Shadow Box. No link.  Just eye candy. 



Double Thick Dish Cloths.  From Yarnspirations.  


 


Ear Bud holder thingie from EsLaModa




Molly Moo.  Nativity Crafts.  


 

Cute Little Toadstools.  From Nanie Cousette.  They're filled with Lavendar.  


 


A knitted fox neck warmer.  From Ravelry.  Not a free pattern, but how cute is that!  




The cutest little thread catcher.  A place to put all your snippets while you are working.  From Gigi Quilts.  A tutorial. 



The cutest Minion Pin Cushion from Lady Joyceley.  Free pattern.  Its so cute! 




The uses and benefits of Epson Salts.  25 from Dear Chrissy.  


 


Got a long scarf? An interesting way to tie it. 



How to measure for the perfect Bra Size.  From Life Hacker. 



Created by Diane.  Mason Jar Lid Mini Pies.   Yum!  I love pies. 


 


Santa Hat Pretzels.  So cute.  From The Instructables

And those are my finds for this week. I hope there was something here of interest to you! 



What an eventful day I had yesterday! It was exciting if nothing else.  I went to go and pick up Eileen and Tim to bring them over for lunch and my car wouldn't start.  I had to call the CAA. (Thank goodness I have a membership.) I had no way of letting them know I wasn't able to come and get them though (Eileen and Tim) and I knew they would be outside their apartment building waiting for me. I was fretting about that. My sister said she would go and pick them up and bring them over.  What a blessing that was.  She did just that. I was so grateful! 

The CAA man got it started and he said it was the battery, so today I have to go to this place up the road and have them check it out and get a new battery.  Fingers crossed I can get it to start today to do so!  

Anyways, we left the car running all through lunch so that the battery would charge up and then we went for a drive.  I thought we would go see mom at the Cemetery as it is a good drive away. When we got there the gates were closed so we couldn't go in, so that was kind of sad.  We were all disappointed.

We came back home and I turned the car off and we visited for a while and then I took them home. Again the car started, no problem. 

My bedroom sometimes smells musty/damp and so I have a wax burner in there. Its electric. I heard a noise in the bedroom and Nutmeg had knocked it over and wax was spread all over the floor and my nightstand.  Its a Laminate floor.  I scraped off as much as I could with a spatula. Not easy as because of my arthritis I have a had time to get on my knees.  Anyways, after that I got boiling water and a towel and I poured boiling water over it a little bit at a time and wiped it off, repeating the process until I had it all lifted.  Whew!  I still have to unglue it from my nightstand, but I was too tired to do that last night.  So a chore for today.

It wasn't until I was sitting with Nutmeg afterwards that I noticed that he had wax all down his right front paw and his hind end/leg on that side.  I tried to wash it off in warm water, but of course it wasn't budging and I was upset thinking he would eat it and get sick.  I called my sister. She came down (Cindy to the rescue again!) and between the two of us we got most of it off, but it wasn't easy because he wasn't being very cooperative!  He seems none worse the wear for it all this morning, although he seems to be punishing me for having put him through the humiliation of a bath last night, etc. 

I am so grateful for a sister who is so caring and so kind. Where would I be without her??  I dread to think.  She has come to my rescue more times than I can say.  I hope that it works both ways, but somehow I think that she ends up always helping me more. You cannot out-give a giver.   

I am still looking for more people to help me with my special project.   I have 16 more spots to fill and only a few days to fill them.  Please, if you live in the US, or you know someone who lives in the US, or have a friend who would like to help in the US, could you please e-mail me so I can tell you all about it and hopefully you will want to help. Trust me when I say its a good thing and will cost you nothing but a tiny bit of your time and you will be rewarded for doing so. Pretty please with sugar on it!  mariealicejoan@aol.com  That's my e-mail address.

Sorry if it sounds like I am begging, but I am. 

And with that I will leave you with a thought for today  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.The simplest pleasures
warm true friends most easily
~Alyson Roay
    •。★★ 。* 。 


                                                                                                                                                                      In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Poor Man's Cake.  Deliciously simple!

Have a wonderful Friday whatever you get up to!  Be safe and be happy. Be blessed.  Don't forget! 

    ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     

                                                                                                                                                                                                            

8 comments:

  1. Oh my, what a nightmare with the wax burner. It had to have been a terrible mess but thankfully no one was hurt. I'm always careful to leave mine off when the grandkids come to visit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a mess and I was very grateful that Nutmeg wasn't hurt in the process. I have put it away for now and probably won't use it again for a while. xoxo

      Delete
  2. What an eventful day you had. Hope you get your new battery with no problem. It must have been so hard to deal with all the wax. And poor little Nutmeg! Poor you, too. Hope you get those extra people you need. Loved the scarf instructions. So many clever things. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Elaine. He, thankfully, was none the worse for the wear. I was probably way more distraught than he was! All's well that ends well anyways! There are lots of very clever people out there! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. The Fox:)ADorable adorable.I saw a girl do her scarf like that on TikTok and have done it ever since:)What a day what a day what a day.Maybe if you told people what was involved they would sign up? Just a thought:)
    Have you tried the mist aromatherapy ?Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried the mist aromatherapy. I will look into it! Thanks! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Such a hectic day, glad it all got sorted out.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!