Tuesday 2 November 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

 

FOR TODAY, November 2nd, 2021

Outside my window ...
Its dark and cool, but dry. Much milder than it usually is in November.  We have certainly been blessed with the weather so far this autumn.  I read it is going to get colder tomorrow.

I am thinking ...
About the journey I was just beginning last year at this time. Such a difficult and hard time. I had no idea how things would turn out or end up. It is hard to believe that I got through it all intact and with my faith intact, but somehow I did!  My last Simple Woman's Daybook in the UK was on the 3rd of November last year.

I am thankful for ...
All the love, prayers and support of family, friends and you, my sweet readers, and for my faith.  I could not have gotten through the last year without it. 

In The English Kitchen ...


Sausage and Vegetable Skillet Dinner.  An all in one dinner built for two, with meat, potatoes and two veg. No fuss, no muss and delicious!

On my "To Cook" list ... 



How to Feed a Loon. Chicken Fried Steak Sandwich.  Oh my goodness! Everything these guys cook looks fabulously delicious!

Good to know ... 


I am wanting to create ...

The Patchwork Heart.  Granny Shawl Tutorial.  


Holly Pips.  LOVE the colours of this.  


Susie Marie Knits on IG.  Angry Cat. This is so cute!  


Modflowers.  Christmas Pudding. Also cute. 


House Wren Studio.  Love this.   

I am reading ... 


The Girls with No Names, by Serena Burdick
A beautiful tale of hope, courage, and sisterhood—inspired by the real House of Mercy and the girls confined there for daring to break the rules. 

 Growing up in New York City in the 1910s, Luella and Effie Tildon realize that even as wealthy young women, their freedoms come with limits. But when the sisters discover a shocking secret about their father, Luella, the brazen elder sister, becomes emboldened to do as she pleases. 

Her rebellion comes with consequences, and one morning Luella is mysteriously gone. Effie suspects her father has sent Luella to the House of Mercy and hatches a plan to get herself committed to save her sister. 

But she made a miscalculation, and with no one to believe her story, Effie’s own escape seems impossible—unless she can trust an enigmatic girl named Mable. As their fates entwine, Mable and Effie must rely on their tenuous friendship to survive. 

 Home for Unwanted Girls meets The Dollhouse in this atmospheric, heartwarming story that explores not only the historical House of Mercy, but the lives—and secrets—of the girls who stayed there.

Have only just begun this book. 

Dreaming About ... 

 
(source

Pretty Christmas Cookies . . . 

 
(source

Pretty wreaths  . . . 

 


Winter woolies  . . . 

 

Toasty Toes  . . . 

 

Poetry  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


The Age of Adaline, Netflix 

Makes me smile ...


This is Doug's dog Charles. He is the guardian of the Halloween Treats. 

Corners of my kingdom ... 

 

October 30th Aurora, taken at the Highlands National Park, Cape Breton

A thought to carry with you ... 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
"You are beautiful because
you let yourself feel,
and that is a brave thing indeed.
~shinji moon •。★★ 。* 。 
 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     

6 comments:

  1. You've certainly had a year of ups and downs, Marie, fortinately more ups. You should be very, very proud of yourself. You've come a long way in a very short time. It's still dark here, but time for breakfast. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a year it has been, and you persevered and looked for the positive in everything. I have a granny square shawl and love it, easy to make and a great way to use up odds and ends of yarn. Happy Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a bystander..and I cannot even imagine what you went through.I agree with Elaine.. up up and away:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is definitely colder here. I wore my winter coat yesterday when I went out and was glad I had it on. The sun was shining but the wind was very cold. Hard to believe a whole year has passed for you but you came through it like a champ! Enjoy the here and now, you have wonderful life now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes when we look back over a rough time, we know we could not have done what we did without God's grace and the Atonement. It is much like that "Footprints" poem, where the person realizes that during the really hard times when there is only one set of footprints was when God was carrying her. So glad you are where you are and doing well. I think you will really like that book you are reading. It's a good one! See you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think anyone who has lived through such a horror and come out in a beautiful lovely place, surrounded by a lot of loved ones...wow...sure glad you are on THIS side of it all, Marie!! It is easier to look back on bad years, than to be in the midst of one!! Hugs, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!