Tuesday 16 November 2021

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

  

FOR TODAY, November 16th 2021

Outside my window ...
I'm a bit later getting started this morning. But the sun is up. Its overcast and looks like we are in for  more rain. I'll take the rain over snow any day!

I am thinking ...
I am busy trying to gather my thoughts for my talk on Sunday. T"talk" since I have been back in Canada and due the Pandemic, my first talk in a few years.

I am thankful for ...
Family, faith, friends, health, shelter, work.  I have much to be grateful for.

In my kitchen ...
 

This morning I am sharing a recipe for Fried Cabbage and Potatoes. Delicious comfort food. Three ingredients. One pan.  Quick and easy. 

On my "To Cook" list ... 


Seasons and Suppers. Quick & Easy Udon Noodle Soup.  

Good to know ... 


I am wanting to create ... 


Yarn Inspirations. Fat Cats. Cute. 



Pixie Hill. Gnome Tart Tins. Cute! 



Vintage Muse. Countdown to Christmas.



 

Pixie Hill.  Christmas Diorama. Beautiful. 



Clean and Scentsible.  Thanksgiving Turkey Treats. 

I am reading ... 


BEING ENOUGH, by Chieko N. Okazaki
What you have to give is enough — if you give it with all your heart. 

 Is there ever enough time, enough money, enough power within us to do all that our lives seem to require of us? Most of us feel our inadequacies keenly, and the fear of failure can keep us from reaching out and offering what little we do have. 

Citing the New Testament story of the widow who cast her two mites into the temple treasury, Sister Chieko N. Okazaki demonstrates that a feeling of abundance is rooted in faith. "This mortal probation is an invitation to walk with faith in the Savior," she writes, "and his promise is that he will make up all of our deficiencies. If we will give Christ our trust, then he will give us everything we lack." 

 Filled with Sister Okazaki's personable teaching style, her memorable stories, and her sharp insights into human nature and the gospel.

Enjoying this very much and getting a lot out of it. 

Dreaming About ... 

 

Good tea towels  . . . 

 

Christmas hearts  . . . 

 

A cup with a message  . . . 

 

A nice head of hair  . . . 

 

Pretty earrings  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


This Is Us.  On Netflix. It almost always makes me cry though. 

Corners of my Kingdom ... 


Cool store front in Margaree, Cape Breton.  I bet there's lots of antiquities and trinkets in there. 

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.When I am among the trees,
Especially the willows and the honey locust,
equally the beech, the oaks and the pines,
they give off such hints of gladness.
I would almost say that they save me, and daily
~Mary Oliver, when I am among the trees
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 

And that's my daybook for this week  . . .  
  

   ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
 ⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

   ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆   
 

  



✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  
 

 
  

Have a beautiful day and don't forget!  


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     


10 comments:

  1. Hi Marie - I am going to look for that book. I read another of Sister Okazaki's books and really enjoyed it. Hope your week is going well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is an excellent writer Deb! I hope you find it! xoxo

      Delete
  2. The latest Call The Midwife..Bawled.
    SUCH A GREAT SHOW.
    On the other hand..complete other hand..Yellowstone♥
    Jan 4th..last season..TIU..I'll miss it.
    I've not heard of your author..will Google.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't been able to watch any of the new season even though I have the PBS app on my TV and made a donation! I am not sure what is up with that! Hopefully they will be available to me soon! I just started Yellowstone and am playing catchup! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Enjoyed your post, as I always do, Marie. You'll do fine with your talk on Sunday. The sun is shining here but it is cold. We're out and about running some errands. Hope your day is going well. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elaine. I am very late at responding to comments. I am about three quarters of the way through my talk. I will get there! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. A frosty start to the day today here in Ontario. I've been out to dollar stores buying craft kits and things for granddaughter for Christmas. Lots of fun. Your Sunday talk will be just fine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Linda! I have just done the same so that I have something for Josh to do when he is here! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie~

    Good luck with your talk! Speaking in church has never been one of my favorite things to do...;0)

    Being Enough, has been one of my favorite books for years. Sister Okazaki has some amazing counsel and wisdom in this book that I often turn to.

    I would love to have a beautiful head of hair!! It seems like the older I get, the less hair I have. What's up with that!

    Have a great week, Marie XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As you know Barb, I don't really mind giving talks that much. It is the writing of them that I agonize over! I am like you, the older I get the less hair I have. I would so love to be able to afford hair extensions! Those are for rich women with much better figures and looks than I have! I hope you are having a great week also! Hugs, love and blessings, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!