Thursday 4 November 2021

My Favorite Things . . .

 

  


A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.  



 
Being able to spend special times with my father.  I am not sure whose company he enjoys more, mine of the cats. He loves the cats.  Its just nice being able to have him here and spending time with him! 

  

Fish and Chips suppers with family. Yesterday afternoon my sister came over and we had a little painting time together and then we went to the Big Scoop and had a fish and chips supper with our father and his harem. We had not done that in a long time! It was delicious and fun! 

I haven't finished my little painting yet, but Cindy and I were doing this tutorial by Ellen Crimi-Trent. 

 
(source

Pretty crystal goblets  . . . 

 


Vintage postcards  . . . .  

 

Violin Music  . . .  

 

Mixed nuts . . .  well any kinds of nuts in any way shape or form. My sister brought me a small jar of her snickerdoodle almond butter the other day. I have been really enjoying it with slices of apple!  Its very yummy! 

 

This, although the time for me wearing clothing like this is long past gone . . . 




Currier and Ives  . . .  

 
  


Pretty shoes. My days of wearing them are long since past also!  


 


Fairy tales . . .  I wanted to marry a Prince.   


 

And dress like a Princess  . . . 

 

Glass door knobs . . .  

 

Sisters  . . .  friends for life  . . . 

 

Chocolate, especially good chocolate  . . .  


 
(source

Pearls  . . . .

 


Stone gardens . . .  they have a tale to tell  . . . 

 

Well dressed nails . . . 

 

Elegant pockets . . . 

 

That blue  . . . 

 

The Classics  . . . 

 

Beds with flounces  . . . 

  


Stollen  . . .  especially Stollen bites  . . .   


 
(source

Bells that jing, jing, jingle  . . . 

 

The colors in this quilt  . . . 

 

Warm mittens. I need to outfit myself for Winter.  I need to get a warmer coat, boots, mitts, scarf, hat, etc.  I am very ill-equipped. I need to get myself organized  . . . 

And those are my favorite things for this week.  What are some of yours?

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★
*Listen . . . 
with faint dry sound,
Like steps of passing ghosts,
The leaves, frost-crisp'd, 
break from the trees,
and fall.
~Adelaide Crapsey, November Night
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 



In The English Kitchen today, another favorite thing   . . .  Honeycomb for Bonfire Night.  Deliciously simple to make.  Its like  magic!

Have a wonderful Thursday!  Whatever you get up to, don't forget! 

═══════════ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 


And I do too!  


9 comments:

  1. Loved your favourite things. I have a cookie/cake tin with that Currier and Ives scene. I hink it's cute how you refer to your dad's harem. His lady friends must enjoy his company. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a precious tin it must be Elaine! My first MIL had all of the Currier and Ives dishes. They were lovely. My dad really enjoyed us coming, and he treated us, which was a bonus! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Hi Marie~

    Beautiful favorite things! Especially love the picture of your dad and your cute little kitten, who looks almost like a full grown cat! What a blessing to spend quality time with him and your sister. I would love it if you would share your painting with us!!

    Have a great rest of your week...XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Barb. He is pretty much looking like a cat now and so is Cinnamon. They sure are great company! I shared my painting on my Friday Finds! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  3. Haha...Your dad comes to play with the kitties...I bet he also comes to eat some of your meals!!
    Elizabeth XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He mostly eats at my sisters, but he does have the odd meal here when she can't cope. I love all my family. I am really blessed Elizabeth! xoxo

      Delete
  4. You are right Becky! It does! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!