Thursday 11 November 2021

My Favorite Things . . .

 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitter pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    I'm pretty sure however, that these things mainly make my own heart sing.   



I saw a lump beneath the coverlet at the end of my bed. I decided to investigate. 


 

I discovered one of my favorite things. Cinnamon.  Cuddles ensued. Another one of my favorite things. Kitty cuddles. 


 

Pink depression glass  . . . 


 
Vintage tablecloths  . . . 



Cherries on anything.  Absolutely anything. 

 

Vintage cruet sets . . .  this is so cute. 

 

Hens on nests  . . .  I used to have one. 

 

Vintage cookie jars  . . . 


Vintage bluebirds  . . .  

 

Painted glassware  . . . 



Red & White . . . 

 

Vintage advertising art  . . . 

 


Gloves  . . .  women used to wear gloves everywhere  . . .  

 


Love this jacket  . . . 



Vintage aprons  . . .  left all mine behind  . . . 



Autumn colors  . . . 


Autumn embroidery  . . . 


Thanksgiving-ware  . . . 


Glass pumpkins  . . . 



This  . . . 



Serendipity candles  . . .  Canadian made . . . my candle of choice. 


Old books  . . . 



Dandelion bouquets  . . . 


Lace collars  . . . 


Funky, eclectic style  . . . 



Lace and sequins  . . . .



Pretty dresses  . . . 



The sunrise view from the front window, taken just a few minutes ago. Everything is bathed in a golden light, the rooftops across the way are sparkling with frost, my kittens are taking it all in. My heart feels warm.

And those are my favorite things for today  . . . 

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.If we don't have time for 
masterpiece moments,
the very reason we came to earth
is being wasted on us.
~Chieko N Okazaki, Being Enough
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 



In The English Kitchen today  . . . Perfect Creamy Mashed Potatoes, a tutorial. 

My elbow is sore this morning. A leftover from when I had the shingles. I hope it goes off. I am picking up Eileen and Tim for lunch today.  Two people I love in the UK have been stricken with Covid, despite being twice vaccinated.  One had just started a new job at a school. Keep being careful people.

I hope you have a wonderful day.  Spare a few moments at 11 a.m. to remember those who gave up their lives for our freedom.  We must never forget.  Always remember . . . 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 
⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
  


And I do too!  
     




10 comments:

  1. I hope their symptoms are very minimal after 2 shots..J can get a third Dec 15th..your dad too 6 months after second shot.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They seem to be fairly minimal, but still a great inconvenience I suppose. And of course one never knows if they will be minimal or not. It varies. I have heard of a few deaths. I am so not willing to take a chance! I asked about Boosters here when I got my flu shot, they said the over 80's first, then people with compromised immune systems, children and finally the rest of us. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your favourites are my favourites. November 11th - we must never forget. I'm sorry about your friends in UK getting covid despite being double vaccinated. Some peple don't build up as many anti-bodies as they might, hence the boosters. We must all stay vigilent. Love and hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right Elaine, we must all stay/remain vigilent. There has been lots of spread here lately and especially in my area of the province. Its quite frightening! Love and hugs, oxox

      Delete
  3. I'm so thankful for our veterans and willl always remember and never forget what they do for us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right about that Pam. Freedom always comes at a price and they have paid it for us! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Love those vintage aprons! My mother used to sew beautifully; I've saved one of her 'cobbler' aprons. Sadly, it's far too tight across the bodice, but I still enjoy wearing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh how wonderful that you have one of your mother's aprons Mevely. I wish I did! I am sure, tight or not, it feels like your mum is hugging you each time you wear it! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie..I want to offer some advice, and you can take it or leave it..I worked as a RN in the US for 40+ yrs. and some of those times caused great stress for me, I always got herpes zoster lip, nose, sores....Then in 2006 I got shingles covering my left chest and back, so painful...I recovered with help of antiviral meds but still had postherpetic neuropathy pain ...In 2009 I took the "shingles vaccine", and also retired from nursing. Now in 2021 I must tell you I have no neuropathy pain, I haven't had a herpes zoster sore since the vaccine, and I haven't even had the flu...and definitely not any Covid. I am healthy at age 77. I know people are often afraid of vaccines, especially today, but I felt I must tell you how extreme stress can cause shingles, and how the vaccine might be of help to you. As a retired RN I will say your healthcare decisions are private self decisions between you and your physician. Just wanted to pass on my experience...Take care!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lynney! I have been thinking about getting the shingles vaccine. I very well may do. Thank you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!