Tuesday 15 October 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
FOR TODAY, October 15th, 2019

Outside my window ...
I can hear the birds waking up and beginning to sing.  The day is just barely beginning to dawn. It is still pretty dark out.

I am thinking ...
I really, really, REALLY hope that I can get in to see a Doctor today . . .  
 
I am thankful for ...
A grateful heart and the knowledge that things could always be worse, and are worse for many people. 
 
In the kitchen ... 
 
Best Ever Steak Rub 
 
 
Best Ever Steak Rub. Its a tiny bit sweet, quite spicy and a whole lot of delicious! 
 
 
 
On my "To Cook" list ...

 
David Lebovitz, French Salted Butter Cookies. Sables Bretons. 
 
Good to know ... 
 
 
Who can't use a bit of help in this area . . . 
 
 
I am creating ... 
 
  
 
The next page in my flower journal.  Marigold, Periwinkle and I have started to sketch a Narcissis.  I still have the ink work to do along with finishing the Narcissis.
 
 
  
 
Fibre Necklaces using scraps of vintage fabrics, embroidery, etc. No source, just eye candy. 
 
 
 
Forest Friends, little knitted racoon doll. Esther Braithewaite on Ravelry.  
 
 

 
Crochet 'n' Create lovely granny circle crochet.  
 
 
Craftsy. Spring Flowers Crochet. Not free, but not expensive either.  
 
 
I am reading ... 
 
 
 
Cider with Rosie, by Laurie Lee 
Cider with Rosie is a wonderfully vivid memoir of childhood in a remote Cotswold village, a village before electricity or cars, a timeless place on the verge of change. Growing up amongst the fields and woods and characters of the place, Laurie Lee depicts a world that is both immediate and real and belongs to a now-distant past.

Apparently this is only book one, but I am enjoying it thus far. 
 
I am looking forward to ...
Ending my pain. Soon, I hope  . . .  
 
 
Dreaming of ... 
 
 
Old quilts and fabrics   . . . 
 
 
  
 
Embroidered Pillows  . . . . 


 
Knitted socks  . . . 
 
 
  
 
Painted wood doors and flower sprigged wallpaper  . . . 



 
Embroidered collars  . . . 
 
 
Makes me smile ... 
 
  
 
Ariana, Grace & Jose . . .  the perfect match  . . . 


Something to watch ... 
 
 
Diana, 7 Days that Shook the World, on Netflix.
 
 
A thought to carry with you  ... 
 
° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •

° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。
° 。

 ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
I hope that I can be 
like theAutumn leaf,
that looked at the sky and lived,
and when it was time to leave,
gracefully it knew 
life was a gift.
~Dodinsky ° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
 
 
Corners of my kingdom ... 
 
 
A row of classic red phone boxes in Covent Garden, London  . . . 
 
 


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!   


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 

And I do too!    

   


 

 

6 comments:

  1. Good luck with a doctor TODAY!

    Your florals are precious as is Ariana and family.
    Sablés Bretons? Always yum.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique. He didn't do much, just checked my back all over, told me to book in with the physio therapist (can't get in to see her until the 24th) and that basically was it. Not a lot they can do I guess. I just have to wait it out. xoxo

      Delete
  2. Take care and take it easy. Be good to yourself. Praying you soon feel better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lots to love here...your artwork is lovely!! And how happy little Grace looks with her parents...what a cute family!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are a beautiful little family! Thanks Elizabeth! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!