Wednesday 23 October 2019

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
FOR TODAY, October 23, 2019 


Outside my window...
It is dark, dark, dark. The birds are not yet singing. I have had to put the heat on this morning as there is a definite chill in the air.


I am thinking ...
I am managing my pain a bit better this morning.  I took longer to get out of bed, etc. I think I can make it to tomorrow and hopefully the Physiotherapist will send me to the hospital for an x-ray/scan/MIR as soon as. I just have to get through today.  I can do hard things. Please continue to pray for me. We have the MOT for our car today. This is the safety check for road worthiness.  Please also pray that we will get through it alright. We have done so two years in a row. One  more year would be a great blessing to us.



I am thankful for ...
All of your prayers and kind thoughts. Please keep them coming. I try hard not to be a Debbie Downer on here. I am generally a pretty positive person in life, although I have my moments as anyone does. My mother was not a quitter and she raised a family of non-quitters. I am so grateful for her example in life.


In the kitchen ...
There is nothing really although I did share my recipe for Chicken & Corn Chowder on IG this morning.

Chicken & Corn Chowder

Its a good one for sure.  I am not really cooking per se. I am contracted to do one recipe a week for an online site, which I need to fulfil. I did manage to get half this weeks recipe done yesterday and will finish that off today and am already started on next weeks.  I am a lot slower these days. This weeks recipe is for a Spiced Toffee Apple Cake, and its a goodun!



On my "To Cook" list ... 
Gingerbread Macarons.Confessions of a Confectionista. Can you believe I have never made Macarons.  Plenty of Macaroons, but never Macarons. They intimidate me somehow.  Those feet  . . . these sound delicious.


Good to know ... 
Not sure if this is true or not, but if it is, it could be very helpful.


I am creating ... 
 I haven't been doing a lot, but am crocheting scarves when I can for some special boys.  I did order this book and it came yesterday . . .
I really enjoy painting flowers.  I have always liked painting little girls and characters and I always will, but I really love painting flowers.  I suppose it is a way of gardening without getting my hands dirty?  I don't know!

 

Dinki Dots.  Crochet Baubles.

 House and Home. DIY Festive paper garland.

Getting Stitched on the Farm.  I have that book by Jane Brocket. Time to dig it out again! 

Past Perfect Patterns. Crochet Granny Tree Skirt.  Instant download and not expensive to buy at all. 


I am reading ... 

The Beekeeper's Promise, by Fiona Valpy 
Heartbroken and hoping for a new start, Abi Howes takes a summer job in rural France at the Château Bellevue. The old château echoes with voices from the past, and soon Abi finds herself drawn to one remarkable woman’s story, a story that could change the course of her summer—and her life.

 In 1938, Eliane Martin tends beehives in the garden of the beautiful Château Bellevue. In its shadow she meets Mathieu Dubosq and falls in love for the first time, daring to hope that a happy future awaits. But France’s eastern border is darkening under the clouds of war, and history has other plans for Eliane…

When she is separated from Mathieu in the chaos of German occupation, Eliane makes the dangerous decision to join the Resistance and fight for France’s liberty. But with no end to the war in sight, her loyalty to Mathieu is severely tested.

I am enjoying this book. It takes place in an area of France which Todd and I spent a few weeks a number of years ago, which adds to the pleasure.

I am looking forward to ...
Well it is a mix of looking forward to and dreading actually . . .  the Physiotherapist tomorrow.

Dreaming of ... 

 

Vintage Pyrex . . .


  

Gingerbread cosy  . . . . 



Flowery Tea Kettles  . . .  


  

Afternoon Tea  . . . 


Something to keep the feet warm  . . . 


Makes me smile ... 

  

I had this book when I was little. I loved all my Little Golden Books  . . .  

Something to watch ... 


Judy with Renee Zellweger . . .  I want to go see this.  

A thought to carry with you ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • 
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。° 。
 ˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
How beautifully leaves grow old.
How full of light and colour
are their last days . . . 
~John Burroughs•。★★ 。* 。 


Corners of my Kingdom ... 


Abbotsford, the historic country house of Sir Walter Scott, which sits on  the banks of the River Tweed in Scotland.  Can you imagine  . . . 


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░  


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!   


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════   
 

And I do too!    

   






13 comments:

  1. Hoping your appointment goes well at physio tomorrow and you'll find some answers and some relief from the pain. And also hoping your car passes its MOT.
    The 911 call advice is very clever. I had never heard that. Take gentle care. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Elaine! God is good the car passed its MOT. Let us hope it is a run on good luck now! Hoping tomorrow they will be able to help me. Love and hugs to you always. xoxo

      Delete
  2. That kitchen is Bryarton Farm's kitchen on IG..Her little girls are so so precious..A historic farmhouse..they do everything themselves to restore it..are very christian..and in the process of adopting:)

    Lots of cute projects here.
    Happy today is a tad less bad.Thinking of you of course.Take care.
    Made a chicken sop last night after dinner w/ the Costco Carcass:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Follow here, but did not recognise it. Its too bad people don't source all the things they pin! I have switched it out now to Pyrex. You are right they are a darling little family! Sop, soup, its all the same, delicious! xoxo

      Delete
  3. The heat is on here at my house too this morning. So thankful for it making everything comfortable and cozy. I'm praying that your appointment tomorrow will bring some much needed relief or at least an answer for what is causing your pain and a remedy. Take good care in the meantime and don't try to do too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Pam. I have never felt so lazy. Not doing a lot but bored as you can imagine. xoxo

      Delete
  4. Wow, never knew Sir Walter Scott lived in such a place!! Interesting!! Do keep us posted on your health!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will Elizabeth, although I know I risk boring everyone out of their minds! xoxo

      Delete
  5. I have been faithfully following along, Marie, just not commenting as often. 'Glad your car passed inspection, and may the doctor visit bring good news next. Constant pain is so wearying. Love to you and Todd. ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks very much Val. I follow as well, but rarely comment also. Trying not to sit at the computer much these days. Love and hugs to you also. xoxo

      Delete
  6. Hi Marie~

    Wishing you good luck at the therapist tomorrow, hopefully they can help you, or steer you in the right directions to get the help you need. Whatever the outcome, prayers are with you.

    Cute things today, this cold weather really makes me want to hunker down and just be warm with a crochet hook in my hand!

    Your soup looks delicious, nothing better than chicken soup on a cold autumn evening.

    Good luck, sweet Marie. Please keep us posted on the diagnosis. XOXOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your love and prayers Barb. I will let everyone know what she says after. Love and hugs right back! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!