Thursday 24 October 2019

My Favourite Things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.  



The smell of pipe tobacco. I have always loved the smell of someone smoking a pipe. I don't however enjoy the smell of ciggarette tobacco or cigars.  To me they just stink. Funny how that goes! 



Bees Wax. I love the smell of bees wax and I especially love bees wax candles, etc. To me they just burn cleaner and have a lovely natural scent.  


   

Ribbons and lace  . . .  and pale blue  . . .  


  
(source)  


Blueberries . . .  fresh, cooked, in pies, muffins, cakes  . . .  jam . . . . any way and every way. And they are very good for you also. Filled with anti-oxidants! 


 (source)

A well dressed garden shed  . . .  they can be ugly inside, but outside they should delight the eye . . .  did you want a Wendy house when you were a child?  I did.  



An Empire Waist.  They hide a multitude of sins  . . . 


  

Pretty handbags . . .  although I am not sure where I would use one  . . .  nice to look at and admire though. 


Love these shoes although my days of wearing such things have long since gone.  I wonder if they are actually very good for you?  Hmmm . . . do you think they damage the feet?  


  
(source


Toast and jam  . . .  although my days of being able to eat such things are also long gone  . . .  sigh, getting older is not much fun at times . . .  perhaps just one bite. My problem is I can't stop at one!  



Vintage fashion  . . . especially the fifties and early sixties . . .  oh, I like the forties also. 


  
(source

 Polka dots, any colour  . . .  and denim.  Nice. 

(source)  


Secluded spots . . .  away from the maddening crowd.  Places to think and to relax and to just enjoy the art of being  . . . 

(source)  

Wings . . .  many have wings the eye cannot see  . . . 


(source)  

Faith  . . .  one leg of a three-legged stool.  Don't know where I would be without mine  . . . 


(source)  


Hearts and the keys to unlock them  . . . . 



Inspirational quotes . . .  especially if they make you think or inspire you to change in small and profound ways  . . . 


 
(source

Family  . . . love  . . .  home  . . .  contentment  . . . 


(source)  


There is nothing more beautiful than a bride on her wedding day.  Have you noticed that these days people do pre-wedding photos?  They get all dressed up in their gear and then go to special locations and have their wedding photos done before the day.  Is it just me or do you also think this is wierd?  I suppose I get it in some ways, but I always thought it was bad luck for the groom to see the bride before the wedding? 


  

Pretty rings . . .  I love them  . . . 


  

Teddy bears . . . .  


Tiffany style lamps  . . .  so elegant . . . 

And those are just a few of the things that I love . . . Its okay to look at things and admire them, so long as they don't stop you from being content with what you already have and I am very content with what I already have  . . . 

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Life is the most difficult exam.
Many people fail because they try 
to copy others, not realising that
everyone has a different paper . . .  
•。★★ 。* 。•。★★ 。* 。 

Nothing new in the kitchen today either  . . .  sorry!  Yesterday I figured out how to get out of bed in the  morning with the least amount of pain possible. I forgot during the night when I got up to use the loo last night (ouch!), but I remembered this morning. Slow and steady. God willing the Physio person will have some answers for me this morning, or at the very least some stronger pain killers!

On the plus side, our car got through its annual MOT again yesterday with no problems!  Yay!  God is good!  So blessed to be able to keep our car on the road for yet again another year. We sure are getting a lot of value from that 10p we spent to buy it all those years ago.  We've been driving it for about 6 or 7 years now! 

Have a wonderful Thursday! Don't forget! 


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!     





 












8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Nothing new. The PT thought it was just a bad back spasm and has given me more exercises to do and told to do all weekend and if on Monday it is worse or whatever to call my GP and get an appointment and ask him if he can prescribe a muscle relaxant, or whatever. So discouraged, but it is what it is! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Sadly I can no longer wear heals either and used to wear them all the time. But those days are long gone. So hoping and praying they'll find some way o help you today.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never been a real high heel wearer as I have bunyans but have always longed to. No joy at the PT, just more exercises and another fob-off. Sigh . . . xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie~

    So sorry that the news wasn't more conclusive on your back. It's hard to wait that long to find out that it's just more of the same thing. I would definitely go in for another opinion, or at least have the Dr. prescribe some muscle relaxers...I'm so sorry. We were at our study group last night and a man who was there has terrible back problems. All of a sudden, his back started to spasm and I thought he was going to faint! It really was so horrible. His wife took him home right away, and he was feeling better when I called them later, but it sure was scary. He had medicine at home to help with the pain and relax the muscles. Again, Bob's tens machine, really helps relax his back muscles, you should think about one.

    I used to wear those big high heels...not anymore. I have rheumatoid arthritis, and my feet are horrible. It's hard to even find a pair of comfortable shoes, one reason I go barefoot so much. But I have to say that I loved wearing them back in the day.

    Bread is one of my downfalls...I love it! I do eat bread, but I have to limit myself to one slice a day. I like to use whole wheat, but sometimes I just have to make a good loaf of white bread ;0)

    Bees wax...yes! Pipe tobacco...yes! Cute garden shed...love! And, those adorable pups...Love! I really miss my sweet, Cole, he was such a joy in my life.

    It really is all about, love, family, home and contentment. Where would we be without those things?! I have a dear friend who is going through some sad things in her marriage, and it just breaks my heart. I am so thankful for a good husband, and for contentment in my life. Faith plays such a huge role in all of that...I believe that there is a plan, that we are loved and cherished as children of God. But most of all, that there is a, Heavenly Father, who loves us and has a plan for all of us.

    Your thought was perfect...amen!

    Much love to you, Marie, and prayers always. XOXOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! Oh I have far too many downfalls for my own good! It is so sad when a marriage breaks down. I feel for your friend. Like you, I love my Heavenly Father and believe in a plan. Sometimes we find much joy and sometimes we are just enduring, but I do belive it balances out in the long run. Love and hugs, always, xoxoxo

      Delete
  4. So sorry no help was gained...that is basically how it is here, if you are older too, so we are finding!! BUT, I do think going to the ER can be of benefit too. Glad you have figured out a way to at least get out of bed easier. I wonder if going to see someone who does Acupuncture would be of benefit? Keep trying to find help Marie!! Still praying!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, you could be right Elizabeth. The older ones, such as us are not taken as seriously and seen as a burden I suppose. I with I had the money to explore alternative methods! Love and hugs, and many thanks for the prayers. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!