Thursday 17 October 2019

My Favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 
 
 
These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.  
 
 
 
Cosy Country Cottage Bedrooms  . . .     

 
 
 
Sweet Potatoes. I think they are one of my favourite vegetables of all time. But then again, there are no vegetables I really don't like. I like them all, except for canned peas. I cannot abide canned peas. 
 
 
  
 
The illustrations of Jesse Willcox Smith  . . .  endearing  . . . 



 
Heirloom recipes, the kinds that home cooks have been writing down and sharing with each other for years and years and years. You know they are good because they have been used again and again and have withstood the test of time. 
 
 
 
I love the minimalist look of this living room. With it's coffee table/ottoman that can double as an extra sitting place when you have loads of people over or a place to rest your feet when you havent.  Neutral colours, etc. 
 
  
 
Then again, I do like a flowery chair to curl up in  . . . 
 
 
   
 
I love the idea of breakfast nook type of dining spaces . . . . if only I had the dosh and a house of my own. You never want to invest this type of thing into someone elses's house. 
 
 
 
I love this little house  . . .  with its double verandas and gingerbread trim.  Its ornate and yet simple at the same time.  Those dormer windows  . . .  sigh  . . . 
 
 

Homemade Cinnamon Rolls  . . .  just the way my mom made them, with biscuit dough. Oh, the number of times I have made these through the years.  I often would make them for my kids at the weekend for a bedtime snack, and my ex husband loved them as well.  They are just so good.  I have not made them in a long time now.  I need to sort out a smaller sized recipe  . . . 



Open Shelves, but I'm not tidy enough to have them . . .  


  


Primitive folk art. I love it most of all  . . .  




Granny Squares . . . . 



  

Star filled skies  . . .  it has been a very long time since I have seen a sky with more than just a few stars in it.  Too much light pollution here  . . . 



A long soak in a hot bath  . . .  its been a long time since I have had one of those also  . . .   



  


I used to love playing Bingo  . . .  but then I quite smoking and I didn't like breathing in all that smoke  . . . 



Real French Baguettes  . . .   



Cheese and crackers . . . 

  


Oh I miss these  . . . . 



and these!!!  No such thing over here . . . 


  

I miss these too  . . .  and all dressed chips, dill pickle chips  . . . ketchup chips.  I think its fair to say I love crisp and savoury things  . . .  but its probably a good thing we can't get those things here or I would literally blow up!  


  

Proper holiday celebrations with a table filled with the ones you love and food that you love in a place that you love  . . . 


  

Cosy nights by the fire  . . . 


Proper rocking chairs  . . . 

  

The film American Graffiti.  We dug it out and watched it last night.  The first time I saw this film I was  19 and on my honeymoon in Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Loved it then, love it now.  Great music, so many nice memories tied up in all of it. Sock hops. Canadian Bandstand. Going steady  . . . 

And with that I best leave you with a thought for the day  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Autumn is the season to
find contentment at home
by paying attention
to what you already have.
~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 



Autumn Pizza 


In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Roasted Autumn Vegetable Pizza, with a white sauce, plenty of cheese, a whole wheat honey crust and plenty of caramelised roasted autumn vegetables. Yummy! 


Have a magnificent Thursday!  Hope its a great one for you filled with lots of favourite things.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!     








 

8 comments:

  1. That home:)♥♥♥

    I have no patience for long soaks..isn't that weird? Yet I am a bath girl.J hated baths..now he is a bath boy and a long soaker.

    Your pizza looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used to love a nice long soak with a book Monique, but arthritis put a stop to that a number of years back. Todd loves a bath, but sadly we no longer have one. Thanks, Monique, the pizza was very good! xoxo

      Delete
  2. So many beautiful things, I too love a rocking chair and that is what I usually sit in day in and day out. I figure I'm getting a little exercise rocking to and fro. Better than just sitting still. Hot baths do tend to warm one up when you've got a chilll and eases the aches and pains that cold brings with it too. Hope your today is better than your yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the rocking motion of the chair. I am thinking with its straight back it would be good for me right now. Love and hugs to you. My back is no better but it is also no worse, so that's a good thing! xoxo

      Delete
  3. This was a fun one and I loved all the decor ones. I too like to curl up in a chair and read a good book. It's been a while since I have had a nice soak in the tub. I think I will work on that.
    I really liked the old time recipe and I want to try it too.
    I would love to live in your favorite house too. I especially like the front porch on the bottom and 2nd floor one too.
    Cinnamon rolls are my hubby's favorite. He can't have them due to being pre-diabetic. He does have a bite once in a while.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You need to treat yourself to a long soak LeAnn! Love those porches. Oh to be able to sit on one and rock in a chair and watch the world walk past! Maybe on the other side! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie, lots of lovely favourite things today. When I had my hip replacement surgery I was told I should take showers instead of baths but I persevered and still take baths, one of life's little luxuries. In fact, that's where I'm headed right now.
    Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish we still had a tub Elaine, but when they redid our bathroom they just put in a standing shower, that's all. I hope you enjoyed your bath! The book arrived, its gorgeous! I can't wait to use it. Thank you so much! Will e-mail. Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!