Thursday 10 October 2019

My Favourite things . . .

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you. 



Quilts . . .  any colour any kind  . . . 



Acorns and acorn caps.  I want to find some caps so I can make felted acorns  . . . 


  

Cinnamon Rolls, any kind, any how, any time  . . . 



The light late in the afternoon  . . .  


   

Fresh blueberries and they are so good for you  . . .  


https://simplelindo.tumblr.com/post/188237644679 

Garden decor  . . .  statuary, signs, birdbaths, gnomes,  etc.  . . .  



All things apple  . . . .


  


Crystanthemums . . . . 

 

Long hair  . . .  love my long hair.  I need to play with it a bit more and do things with it  . . . 




Pearly white buttons  . . . .


   



Bite sized cookies and cakes . . . . 

    
Cats in hats  . . . . 


  


Ivy covered walls  . . . 


https://simplelindo.tumblr.com/post/188046221384 


Trains with dining cars  . . .   


Autumn  . . . .


  


Blue and white  . . .  white and blue  . . . 


Milk and cookies  . . .  cookies and  milk  . . . 


  


Man's (woman's) best friend . . . 


Black and white  . . . 


  


Pretty maids all in a row  . . . .  


We are planning on going to see Downton Abby today. Apparently the cinema has cut all of its prices for tickets to £4.99, any film, any time. I had no idea. We would have gone before had we known! 
A thought to carry with you  . . . 


° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Instead of letting your 
hardships and failures
discourage or exhaust you,
let them inspire you.
~Michelle Obama •。★★ 。* 。 

"All Dressed" Cauliflower Cheese  


In the kitchen today, All Dressed Cauliflower Cheese. Très délicieux . . . .


Have a magnificent Thursday!  Hope its a great one for you filled with lots of favourite things.  Don't forget! 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!     





10 comments:

  1. You're going to love Downton. Enjoy every minute! Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Elaine, it was simply wonderful. I am so happy we went to it. It was the first time we had been out together other than grocery shopping in a very long time! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  2. Ah quilts. You know, I gathered up all the HEAVY blankets we have, plus the heavy quilt, and the heavy quilted bedspread...and decided to put ALL of them on the bed. We both feel that weight helps us sleep so much better than we ever have!! LOVE IT!! Funny...old time ways were often better eh?
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am betting that weight would! I need to do that! Love and hugs Elizabeth! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I'll be interested to hear what you think about the movie as compared to the series. I've loved the series and never tire of watching it. I think I'm on my 10th rerun. Due to the fact that I have a large oak tree, we have plenty of acorns on the ground. The squirrels are busy gathering them for the winter. Hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh Pam, We just loved it.Even Todd. You should go to it! We watch the series over and over again ourselves. You won't be sorry if you go to see the movie, or buy the dvd. I am definitely getting the dvd to add to our collection! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    This whole post was just so pretty, from the quilts to the cauliflower!! I love all the cozy photos, so pretty! We went to my nephews this morning to pick apples, and they had all frozen :0( It got down to 17 degrees last night, and every apple was frozen, it was so sad. We gathered up a few buckets full to give to the horses and came home.

    That cute cat with a hat...oh my heart! And yes, woman's best friend...miss my boy.

    We can go to the matinee really cheap, I think that will be in the plans next week, I can't wait to see, Downton Abby!!

    Can you believe I have never seen a real acorn?! I have always wanted to learn how to felt, everything always looks so realistic when it is felted.

    I love cauliflower, your recipe looks delicious!!

    Have wonderful Friday, Marie! Love you!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb. I would love to have a cat, but I don't think it would be safe for us to have one here as there are no screens on the windows or doors. So in the summer months we have to keep windows open, etc. or it is too hot in the house. I hope you see the film and that you try the recipe! Love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. Loved reading your favorite things post today. I savor the photos and always have sweet memories that come with some of them. I do think we have similar likes. I love quilts and it's fun to get them out now that it's getting colder.
    Cinnamon Rolls, bite sized cookies and cake along with cookies and milk; what is better than that.
    I used to have long hair and I love all the things you can do with it. Sad that I don't have it now; since it is the in thing for sure.
    Sending loving thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only have long hair because I can't afford to go to the hair dresser! But I do think long hair suits me better than short. Love and hugs. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!