Thursday 3 October 2019

My Favourite Things . . .



https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 


These are a few of my favourite things.  Maybe some of them are yours also!  A few of the things which catch my eye, inspire me, pluck at my heart strings, make me smile, or that I just enjoy. I hope that they will do the same for you.    



I love, love LOVE it when Susan writes a new post.  I have been such a fan of hers for such a long time. Way back to the days when she used to have recipes in Country Living Magazine with those delightful illustrations. I wish I had kept them all now.  When she posts on her blog it is a red letter day for me!  Susan Branch, if you aren't familiar with her, go check her out today!  I adore her dishes that she designs and sells also.  I have one of her mugs. 







Blue and white dishes.  This plate is amazing. Totally amazing.  



   


Winnie the Pooh and Gratitude.   





Stone Angels  . . . . 



If only I had the legs  . . .  oh and a bit of money would come in handy too to buy them. ;-)


  

Mom had a set of dessert dishes made out of this glass. I don't recall her ever using them.  My grandmother had left me a set of tumblers, but my Aunt Freda kept them for me and they all got broken. 



Vintage Pyrex . . . 


  

Vintage Radios.  Every morning of my childhood was accompanied by music and voice from an old radio just like that green on in the lower right hand corner . . . 



Old Typewriters. My mother had an old one that we used to type on when we were in our teens (once we knew how to type, we weren't allowed to use it before then.)  It was hard work. 


  

Old hats  . . . 



Grease . . .  is the word, is the word, is the word  . . . 


  


Old levis  . . . 



Vintage Greeting Cards  . . . 


  

Snowmen  . . .  its been years since I have see a real one . . . 



Vintage Halloween  . . . 

  

Candy corn and cady pumpkins  . . . . 

Must dash, I was up late this morning.  Had a bit of a lie in until almost 6 am!

A thought to carry with you . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Not all storms come
to disrupt your life,
some come to
clear your path.•。★★ 。* 。 
  


Pecan Crunch Snack Mix 


In The English Kitchen today  . . . Pecan Crunch Snack Mix.  Deliciously easy!



Have a magnificent Thursday!  Hope its a great one for you filled with lots of favourite things.  Don't forget! 
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!     






 


5 comments:

  1. Not sure how that song got at the top of my post, but I am going to leave it right there because this song is another one of my favourite things!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I did print out that recipe for the snack mix. I do love pecans. And I read Susan Brances blog too, it's always full of information and pictures. What an enjoyable way to start the day! Hope you have a wonderful Thursday and thanks for sharing all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marie!

    I love that song...Neil Young has always been one of my favorite singers and song writers. I love anyone with a unique voice.

    Years ago a friend of mine gave me a punch bowl with cups made out of that beautiful golden/orange glass. I have never used them, but plan on doing so this year...I think they are so pretty. And you know me...I love all things vintage!!

    Have a wonderful day, love you tons!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many favourite things, Marie. Our radio was white plastic and it sat on top of the fridge to deter little fingers from switching stations. My parents always listened to CFRB. They liked Gordon Sinclair. Do you remember him? It's a wet drizzly day here and I've just put some pumpkin spice muffins in the oven to warm the kitchen and our tummies. Hugs, Elaine

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!