Thursday 27 December 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 

FOR TODAY, December 27th, 2018

Outside my window ...
It is already getting lighter out.  I was really late getting up this morning. It was already past 7 am, which is very late for me! I hope I didn't get lazy taking those few days off!

I am thinking ...
I know this is off date, but I couldn't let the year pass without one last Daybook entry. Next Tuesday will be January first! I can't believe how quickly this past year has flown by! I know that sounds very cliche!  It seems to be true however, this year has just evaporated!

Thankful for ...
My mother's call on Christmas day, my oldest son messaging me on christmas day and sending me a small video clip and some pictures, my middle son facetiming me with his family, my oldest daughter messaging me.  There was only two children I didn't hear from. Having the Missionaries over for Christmas Day and good friends over yesterday.  Our Christmas was amazingly full of people and love and light.

In the kitchen ...

Creamy Carrot Casserole 

Creamy Carrot Casserole.  A worthy holiday side, perhaps with your ham or whatever at New Years. No cream soup involved. 


On my "To Cook" list ... 


Goat's Cheese Cake with Red Onion Jam.  A worthy nibble for New Years from Great British Chef's by Simon Hullstone.  Simple and yet beautiful. 

Good to know ... 


The Health Benefits of Herbal Teas. 


I am creating ... 



Start Knitting, a stich sampler shawl.  Love this.  Free pattern.



Sally Giblin Rivendale on EBay.  A pattern for a pretty cushion. Not free, but not expensive either.  



LeeLee Knits.  Soft and cosy leg warmers. 



Julie Measures.  Free Owl Hat pattern. Cute! 



Knitted log rabbits by Claire Garland on Ravelry.  Cute!


Oh my goodness ... 



Tina brought the dessert yesterday and it was gorgeous.  Chocolate Christmas Tree Pinatas filled with chocolate brownie, caramel and little chocolate beads. None of us could finish.  Rich and decadent. 

I am reading ... 

 

The House Between Tides, by Sarah Maine
"Following the deaths of her last living relatives, Hetty Deveraux leaves her strained marriage behind in London and returns to her ancestral home, a crumbling estate in Scotland's Outer Hebrides, with the intention of renovating and reselling it as a hotel, much to the dismay of the locals. As she dives headfirst into the repairs, she discovers human remains beneath a rotting floorboard in the basement, with few physical clues to identify the body. Who was this person? And why the makeshift grave?

Hungry for answers, Hetty sets out to unravel the estate's secret--and those of its former inhabitants, including Beatrice Blake, a woman who moved there a century ago with her husband Theo, a famous painter who seemed to be more interested in Cameron, a young local man, than his own wife. Following whispered rumors and a handful of leads, Hetty soon discovers that no one knows exactly what happened to Beatrice, only that her actions have reverberated throughout history, affecting Hetty's present in startling ways"

I do love a good mystery!

Looking forward to ... 
Todd's niece might come for a visit in the New Year. It will be lovely to see her. Its been a few years now.

 Dreaming about ... 


Rose patterned quilts in pink and red  . . .  



  

Vintage Christmas brooches  . . . 




Bowls with Cherries  . . .   



Sigh  . . . . 

  

Double sigh  . . . 

Something to watch ... 


On Netflix  . . .  a fireplace  . . .  comfy and cosy . . . 

Makes me smile ... 


Mom and Dad on Christmas Day . . . . Love them both so much. 

A Quote for the day ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Hope smiles from the threshold of the year to come,
whispering  "It will be Happier" . . . . 
~Alfred Lord Tennyson° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ • •。★★ 。* 。 


Corners of my Kingdom ... 

 

The Houses of Parliament in the fog . . .  we had a foggy Christmas this year  . . . 


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   
 



6 comments:

  1. It is very hard to believe that this coming Tuesday will be New Year Day. I for one am still enjoying Christmas. It's true what they say, Christmas isn't just for one day anyway. I'm going to try and keep the spirit going throughout the year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am with you Pam! A year with the light of Christmas in every day sounds like a great idea! xoxo

      Delete
  2. That must warm your heart so much seeing your mom and dad together and smiling:) Sounds like you had a sweet Christmas..Light and Love.♥
    Bonne Année!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bonne Annee Monique! Still upset you didn't get my card. :-( My mom and dad have been divorced since I was in my early 30's, but they are the best of friends. Its an added blessing in our lives! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Glad for the good times you had! I am so looking forward to hopefully a better year than this last one...so we are nearly there and we are looking forward to it!! Glad you heard from your faithful kids too!! We so often have to accept what is and be grateful for that. Those bunnies look so sweet...forwarded to my knitter daughter...I think her daughter would LOVE one or more of those cute things!! Thanks for sharing!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading about your Christmas. It’s so hard to believe that this year is ending. It has gone very fast.
    I am happy that you heard from your children. I wish we could go back to the telephone calls. I was blessed to have my daughter and family here for Christmas; so it was sweet. I received calls from two of my sons and kind of text message from two daughters. We all have mother’s hearts that would love to hear our children’s voices. It’s just a new era, I guess. We did have a lovely day.
    We had the sister missionaries her for dinner. They both left for home Today. They wre MTC companions and then companions for their last transfer. They were fun to have here.
    I alway love looking at your Crocheting and knitting items. I really loved the shawl. Maybe, I should make it a goal to crochet something this year.
    I copied the Herbal Tea chart; it was a good one.
    The tree Pinatas looked yummy.
    I would love to know the ending in your book. It sounds like.a great mystery
    I always love your dreamins area. I once had a home briefly with a cute white picket fence. It was a fun old home
    The best is the sweet photo of your parents. I’m sure you are treasuring that one.
    Wishing for you a marvelous New Year!
    Sending love and hugs your way!~

    ReplyDelete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!