Tuesday 18 December 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 


FOR TODAY, December 18, 2018 


Outside my window ... 
The wind is blowing, its cold, but its not raining and it seems to be a bit milder than it has been for the past few days. We are so lucky here in Chester, we don't get much extreme weather although Todd had to clear the ice from the back window of the car yesterday. There was none anywhere else.  How does that happen? 


I am thinking ...
How is this the last Simple Woman's Daybook before Christmas???  One week today folks, will be Christmas day. The time is going tooo quickly!  We have a set of Elders coming for Christmas Day. I thought we were going to be on our own, but lo and behold none of the Missionaries had been invited anywhere, so we snapped one set up.  Yay, I get to cook a holiday feast now!  I am really happy about that.  Its a day where they can let their hair down and relax. They are not supposed to be teaching or proselyting on Christmas Day, so they will spend the day here, speak to their families, eat some good food, watch a good film (Disney only) and we get to enjoy their company!  It will be great! 


Thankful for ...
Tender mercies of the Lord.  I experience at least one every day. Todd needs his glasses at the moment to read.  One of the screws had gone missing on one of the lenses.  I found it right away, so tiny . . . and I was able to fix them pronto. We went to do our Christmas shop yesterday morning and we were there and back home before the crowds started.


In the kitchen ...
Roasted Sprouts with Cranberries & Pecans 

Roasted Sprouts with Cranberries and Toasted Pecans.  Seriously tasty.  With a drizzle of Balsamic and a light dusting of Parmesan.  These are the cadillac of Brussels Sprouts! 


On my "To Cook" list ... 


Baker's Brigade.  Earl Grey-Lavendar  and Lemon Tart.  So pretty! 


Good to Know ... 


I am creating ... 


Messmer Land.  Stacy's Perfect Penguin. 



Your Crochet. Perfect Snowflakes.  So pretty!  


Bugs and Fishes.  Felt Tree Stump Pin cushion.  Seriously cute! Tutorial.  


Sophia's Decor.  A bumble bee Dresser.  Cute!  


Dandy Lemon. Puff Stitch Winter Headband.  

Oh My Goodness  ... 


Chutney, Cheese and Crackers.  Especially cheddar with my homemade Cranberry Chutney.  Yummy! 

I am reading ... 
  

The House Between Tides, by Sarah Maine
"Following the deaths of her last living relatives, Hetty Deveraux leaves her strained marriage behind in London and returns to her ancestral home, a crumbling estate in Scotland's Outer Hebrides, with the intention of renovating and reselling it as a hotel, much to the dismay of the locals. As she dives headfirst into the repairs, she discovers human remains beneath a rotting floorboard in the basement, with few physical clues to identify the body. Who was this person? And why the makeshift grave?

Hungry for answers, Hetty sets out to unravel the estate's secret--and those of its former inhabitants, including Beatrice Blake, a woman who moved there a century ago with her husband Theo, a famous painter who seemed to be more interested in Cameron, a young local man, than his own wife. Following whispered rumors and a handful of leads, Hetty soon discovers that no one knows exactly what happened to Beatrice, only that her actions have reverberated throughout history, affecting Hetty's present in startling ways"

I do love a good mystery!

Looking Forward to ... 
Watching another Christmas movie tonight.  Which one will it be?  I think A Christmas Story!  Love that film!

Dreaming About ... 


Needlepoint Hand Bags  . . . 


Seeing all the Christmas Lights  . . . 

  

Twin sinks and mirrors, vintage style  . . . 



Stone Walls and Sheep  . . .  Haven't been to the Lakes/Dales in yonks  . . . 

  

I wish  . . . . 

Something to watch ... 


Larry Crowne on Netflix. Laid off from his longtime job at a soulless retail giant, an average middle-aged guy heads back to college, where he finds romance with a professor.

Makes me smile ... 


Jake's Christmas Concert 2018 . . . Loving the homemade guitar. I love seeing photos of my grandchildren. 

A Quote for the Day ... 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
The meeting of two personalities
is like the contact of two substances;
if there is any reaction,
both are transformed.
~Carl Jung  •。★★ 。* 。 

Corners of my Kingdom  ...


The Christmas Lights on Carnaby Street.  Bohemian Rhapsody . . .  


Regent Street  . . . 


Oxford Street  . . .


And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆

  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆ 




✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ 


Have a beautiful day!  Don't forget!  

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

8 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, how lovely for you having the missionaries for Christmas day, how exciting!!

    I love Tom Hanks so I'll have a look at that film, after I've had my fill of Christmas films of course!

    Seeing your London photos reminded me are are off to London on Thursday. It's Christians third birthday on Friday. Because we've got so many presents for his birthday and Christmas, plus all Pete and Ashleys Christmas presents (from all the family up here not just us!) we've got to drive down instead of getting the train. I'm trying not to think of it as I'm dreading it. It'll be so busy, especially coming back on Saturday. They wanted us to leave on Sunday but I put my foot down, that would just leave me Christmas eve to do cleaning and shopping. I'm having the family round on Christmas eve too!

    I was supposed to be going to my sisters today to do some cleaning and try to get it looking nice for Christmas. They have a beautiful big house but understandably have let things slip over the last six months. But Richard texted me at 11pm last night and said not to come. He wants everyone to think he can cope and manage everything, but he can't, it's impossible. This is a long, hard road we're all on.

    Have a good Tuesday, it's still really dark out there! Lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping you and your family in my prayers Kate. Praying you have a safe and uneventful journey down to London and back and that you enjoy the time you are there, and that you are able to get everything done you need to get done for Christmas Eve. Most of all keeping Richard and your sister in my prayers. Sending lots of love to you and Merry Christmas wishes. It was very dark this morning for sure! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Haven't seen that movie..looks good..I mean..Tom and Julia..perfect.She's perfect with everyone.

    I have similar crochet stars Donella gave some to me yrs and yrs and yrs ago.I still have and love them;)

    Happy you will be sharing Christmas day with friends:) Lovely !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know Monique, Tom and Julia, it has to be a winner! Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Having a feast to make for company is a blessing. It's a lot more fun when you are cooking for a crowd, I think. These days I'm usually cooking for one, and it's a good thing I like leftovers, because I haven't learned how to cook in small portions. Ha ! Happy Tuesday! Hope you have a terrific day!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean about leftovers Pam! You can get tired of them! I have managed the art of cooking for two, just. Happy Tuesday! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Nice to hear you will have company...hope it will be fun and you won't overdo on the work end!!
    Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be doing things as simply as I an Elizabeth! I expect they will help out a bit as well! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!