Saturday 29 December 2018

The Seven Wonders . . .



Have you ever thought about the Seven Wonders of the World?  I always thought that I knew what they were, but this morning . . . . upon researching . . . . I have discovered that I do not, and  that there are several lists of what the Seven Wonders of the World are, or what the powers to be consider them to be.

First there is the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World, which included . . . The Great Pyramid of Giza, The Hanging Gardens of Babylon, The Statue of Zeus at Olympia, The Temple of Artemis at Ephesus, Mausoleum at Hallicarnasus, Colossus of Rhodes, and the Lighthouse of Alexandria.  The only one which still exists is the Great Pyramid . . . and I don't think, although I would never entirely rule it out . . . I don't think I will ever be seeing that one.






Then there are The Wonders of the Middle Ages . . . Stonehenge, Colosseum, Catacombs of Kom el Shoqafa. The Great Wall of China, Porcelain Tower of Nanjing, Hagia Sophia, Leaning Tower of Piza . . . it is certainly within my reach to see Stonehenge . . . but the others?   A bit harder to accomplish . . . although I do admit to a certain fascination with The Great Wall and the Leaning Tower.

Then there are the Engineering Wonders of the World . . . much more doable I think.  They include The CN Tower (seen it), Channel Tunnel (been through it several times), Empire State Building, Golden Gate Bridge, Itaipu Dam, Delta Works/Zeiderzee Works, and  the Panama Canal.   I have seen and experienced two of those things in person . . . and two others via television, which probably doesn't count. 



And there are other lists . . . which include a variety of things such as the Taj Mahal, The Christ the Redeemer Monument in Brazil, Maccu Picchu (Peru), The Grand Canyon, The Polar Ice Caps, The Great Barrier Reef, Victoria Falls, Mount Everest, etc., etc.

All very amazing things to be sure.  Our world is full of many wonders, both natural and man made . . . and the wonders change as our world expands and our technological abilities grow.  I think it is almost becoming quite impossible to keep the list down to just seven wonderful things . . . we live in a most amazing and wonderful world . . .  



I have another list of Seven Wonders though . . . one which I think is even more amazing . . . and I am sure you are quite gagging to read what it is, so I will put you out of your misery!

My seven wonders are . . . to touch, to taste, to see, to hear, to feel, to laugh and to love.

Now that was easy wasn't it.  And I won't stop there . . . I also want to add to cry, because tears are an amazing elixer, both cleansing and healing.  I cannot imagine not being able to cry.



If you really think about it it would be quite, quite impossible to enjoy all of those other esteemed wonders of the World without my personal seven wonders of the world . . . seven (eight if you count the tears) things which are God given and natural to each of us . . . things which we all can and have experienced . . . and things which can bring each one of us wonder.

And yet . . . we take them quite, quite for granted.  We really shouldn't.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
Every morning 
we are born again.
What we do today
is what matters most.
~Buddah   •。★★ 。* 。 


Banana & Golden Syrup Loaf 
 
In the kitchen today  . . .  Banana & Golden Syrup Loaf.  At first I was disappointed as it hadn't risen very high, but then that was displaced with pleasure because I discovered that it was the moistest, squidgiest banana loaf I had ever baked.  Gorgeous! Not too sweet.  Just right.  
 
Have a wonderful Saturday.  I may or may not be on tomorrow. It all depends on what time I wake up. Sunday mornings can be pretty hectic!  Don't forget!
 
 ═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════

And I do too!




6 comments:

  1. There are wonders everywhere. All life is full of them! We only need to take the time to look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are so right about that Pam! God bless! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Your Banna and Golden syrup bread sounds so yummy! I loved reading about the different types of 7 wonders. I think your own list is the best one too and they are all miracles and blessings from our loving Heavenly Father.
    One thing that I think should be a 7 wonder is The Salt Lake Temple and Tabernacle. I think they are so beautiful and were built in an era when it was so unique on how they did it all. It is amazing to me how they brought the granite down the mountain to build the temple. It’s architecture is beyond that day and time. Anyway, loved your researched thoughts and your 7 wonders the most.
    Sending happy thoughts and hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes LeAnn! It is a wonder for sure, when you think of how marvelous it is and how long it took to build. We love the film Mountain of the Lord. I think everyone should watch it, but I am a bit biased! ;-) xoxo

      Delete
  3. I missed this! Had to be my sleepover guest..
    How many tears shed alone..too..:(That no one we know here knows about..

    I thank many of us do.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is very true Monique. I love that you had a sleepover guest. I wish I could have one. Maybe one day. xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!