Thursday 13 December 2018

My Favourite Things . . .


https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEjOOPpfEd5Zsq2tbOc2-UBk6Njak8VrG7e7evggWXGZ2mh-j53ekFS5_iJ7oLR7meELGbGOHT1tpJoMRH-WDForIBx-F86puBU5K_uuGKf1hWiGc5Jko8kG6S71gFooUD3ZEZNrNzAWfJI/s320/alfp_favorite_things.png 

A few of the things in life that make my heart go pitty pat. Maybe they will do the same thing for yours. ♥♥♥    




Pizza . . .  hot for supper, cold for breakfast.  Any way, any time.  I just adore pizza. Used to love making the Chef Boy Ardee ones or the Kraft ones from the box when I was a teenager.  My ex and I when we were first married used to make one in the evening and have it as a bed time snack.  My how times have changed.  I could never eat half a pizza myself for one thing, and I could never eat it as a bedtime snack for another!  Not without keeping myself up all night with indigestion!   




The Royal Variety Performance.  Every December a special variety concert in aid of Charity is broadcast on the telly and its always fabulous.  With stars and acts from around the world, it is most entertaining.  Someone from the Royal family is always in attendance.  


  

This year it was the Duke and Duchesse of Sussex.  Just lovely.  I wonder what she thought of it all  . . . 


Especially getting to meet "Take That."  I doubt she really knew who they are.  ONLY the best pop group next to the Beatles ever, that's who! 


  

They were the highlight of the show for me.  (I am such a groupie, lol)  I actually enjoyed the whole show. If you would like to watch their closing, you can do so here.   I thought it was fabulous!  This is one of my favourite songs of theirs.  Oh heck, I could listen to them for hours.  Brilliant performers. 


I love LOVE this.  I wish I could find the pattern.  I would try to do it. (Not sure my eyes would cooperate, but I would try anyways.)  I love Home Sweet Home anything.  Especially if it looks vintage.

  

Counted Cross Stitch Samplers.  I love them.  I did quite a few in my lifetime. I have some of them, although they are not framed.  I thought of sending them to my children, but don't know if they would want them or not.  



Christmas China.  If I won the lottery I would buy a set.  I can't justify having dishes just for Christmas now however, but I do like to look!  This one is especially pretty. 
  

  

Decorated mantles.  I have done mine.  I need to take a photograph of it. 


  

Kissing salt and pepper shakers  . . .  well, any salt and pepper shakers for that matter!  



Anything with cherries or strawberries on them . . . love, love, LOVE! 


  

Canopy Beds  . . .  



Bath tub trays  . . . 


  

Tea and cake, cake and tea . . . . 




Kitchsy (sp) type of fabrics, florals, pinks. blues   . . . 



Snow men and Chickadees . . . 


  

Christmas Doors  . . . 



Stockings all hung  . . . 


  

Glass Baubles . . . 



Nativity scenes, no matter how simple  . . .  


  

Lace caps  . . . 


These little vintage German Rubber Dolls.  My sister and I each got  a box with about six of them in it for Christmas one year.  I wish I still had mine. 

And I am running out of time so I need to close off now.  We are giving our Fish and tank away today so we need to get that and them ready to go.  Our filter broke and we can't afford to replace it, so  its bye bye fishies.  They are going to a good home.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *
In the end we only regret
the chances we didn't take.  
~Unknown    •。★★ 。* 。 



Black Cherry Sauced Turkey Steaks 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Black Cherry Sauced Turkey Steaks.  Given in quantities for one and easily multipliable. 

 
Hope your day is filled with lots of your favourite things.  Don't forget! 
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════  


And I do too!    

   

10 comments:

  1. Hi Marie, lovely favourites today, except for COLD pizza. How could you??? Hahaha!!

    I've just had a quick catch up and I'm so pleased about Todds eye. It must be such a relief. I've had a busy couple of days with my sister, she is getting rapidly worse and her husband is finding extremely difficult to cope with. It's heart breaking.

    We're off to Llandudno today for a bit of shopping and a walk. Hoping the walk along the pier will blow the cobwebs away!

    Lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL Kate! I've always loved cold pizza for breakfast! I am so sorry to read about your sister. ((((hugs)))) Dementia is a terrible disease. Hope you enjoyed your day in Llandudno! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Lots of cute things..I have a Home Sweet Home I did..I only kept a few and this was one of them..will show you perhaps you can copy it?If ever I seea kit on Varage sale I will tell you..Mine is ap 40 yrs old now.
    That canopy bed..anything floral;) Sorry for you and the fishies..we were never good at keeping them alive...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We could keep them alive, but they were becoming very costly to keep. They are in their new home now and we both felt a sense of relief at their leaving! One less thing we have to do! xoxo

      Delete
  3. I have done counted cross stitch in the past. I have one in my memory box that I had done for my mom and dads anniversary one year. After they passed away I kept it. These days I have to stick with simpler patterns though, it is hard on the eyes. Hope your fishes enjoy their new home. Nice you found someone that will appreciate them. Hope your Thursday is a good one even though you have to give away something that gave you so much joy. They do say that what we give, comes back to us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very hard on the eyes Pam and with two PVD's in mine, almost impossible for me now. I wish. Hope your Thursday was a lovely one also! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Lots of nice ideas here today, Marie. If you intend to let your kids have some of your stitchery, be sure to ask first...and let them know you will give them to others, friends, etc if they are not interested. We have found sometimes our kids are interested in things we would not have thought...and other times not interested in the things we thought they might be (ESPECIALLY if married....the wives can make all the differences there). Wishing you the best. Hope Todd is recovering well too!!
    Elizabeth xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will be sure to ask them first. I would hate to send it over only for it to disappear forever. Todd is doing splendidly, thanks! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Wow, I really enjoyed your favorite things today. I love pizza anytime, anyplace. I do love it cold in the morning.
    The concert sounds like a good one. Every year we keep hoping to get the free tickets to see The Tabernacle Choir. Their Christmas concert is the best. If you wait until the next year you can see the last year.
    I do love following the Royals so this was fun.
    I did a few cross stitch items in my life. My mother loved doing needle point. I have two of her works that i really treasure.
    I do love that Christmas plate. Is there a link for where they are found?
    The mantle is so cute and I love the other fun items.
    The canopy bed is cute enough to covet.
    I’ll take cake anytime, not a tea person but hot chocolate would work.
    I loved all the other cute Christmas items.
    I do love those dolls. I have quite a few storybook dolls and I still have them. I don’t display them right now but maybe later on I will.
    Sending happy thoughts and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like you I drink Hot Cocoa LeAnn! What a treasure to have your mum's needlework! I have some of my mum's also and I really treasure them! Love and hugs to you, Roger and Sammie! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!