Monday 21 May 2018

Small and Wonderful things . . .


 

"The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.  


If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who won’t survive the week. I did and I am blessed . . .


If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 20 million people around the world. I have never known any of those things. I am blessed . . .


If you were able to attend a church meeting on Sunday, without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death, you are more blessed than almost three billion people in the world. I am blessed  . . .


 


If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep at night, you are richer than 75% of this world. I have never been without any of those things. I am blessed . . .


If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace, you are among the top 8% of the world’s wealthy. I have never been unable to adequately cover my own needs and then a bit more.  I am blessed  . . .


If you can read this message, you are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read anything at all. The ability to read and write, free education, and for girls no less . . . I am blessed . . .

And I have always been blessed.  It's all about 
perspective. 

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
Today is a good day for 
. . .  a good day!
~unknown  •。★★ 。* 。 

What I am listening to this morning: Miracles Then and Now, Thomas S Monson 


 

Baking in The English Kitchen today  . . .  Jam Oysters.  A traditional recipe for scrumptious Jam Tarts that are filled with raspberry jam, buttercream and almond frangipane.  Very tasty and very pretty! 

I hope your day today and your week ahead are filled to overflowing with small and wonderful things.  Don't forget!

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too! 


10 comments:

  1. Did you see Susan's post about the picnic? Looks like her dream came true:) Have a beautiful day Marie!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I gobbled up every word Monique! Looked like such a lot of fun! I would so have loved to be there! xoxo

      Delete
  2. We are definitely blessed. I could say yes to all this. I woke up this morning, did go to church yesterday, do have food in the fridge and never faced battle around me. The good Lord is Good. But we need to remember those that are not so fortunate. There are many that are not so blessed as we are and my thoughts and prayers are with them. What ever and wherever they may be. Hope you do have a wonderful Monday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are right of course Pam! We do need to be very mindful of those who have not experienced the blessings we have. That's why we need to be the Lord's hands as much as we can be! He truly relies on us to take care of those less fortunate! God bless! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie, what a lovely post to start the week. I am blessed indeed!!

    Have a good week, lot's of love xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Kate. I think we sometimes take these blessings for granted. It never hurts to remind ourselves! Love and hugs! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Marie, I saw your comments to Susan about not being able to attend the picnic and I felt sad that you had to miss it. Hope your call-back gave you an 'all clear.' I haven't seen your blog notifications in my email for some time - not sure why - but was happy to see one today. Your thoughts couldn't have come at a better time for me; I shall take them to heart, and thank you for the reminder.

    Sharon in Alabama, USA

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My call-back is today Sharon. I hope it gives me an all-clear also. I am hyper-sensitive about them as my mother had Breast Cancer. Hated to miss the picnic, but somethings are more important. I am sure there will be other opportunities! Not sure why about the notifications. Its a mystery to me how any of it works! I just post and then the rest is up to the magic of the internet! God bless, love and hugs, xoxo

      Delete
  5. Thank you dear friend for this one! I too have blessed. You did put everything in perceptive. I loved this one.
    Sending extra loving thoughts, blessings and hugs for this inspiring post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks LeAnn! I believe in being grateful for all things! I know you do too! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!