Monday 7 May 2018

Small and Wonderful Things . . .


 

 "The world is fairly studded and strewn with pennies cast broadside from a generous hand. But who gets excited by a mere penny?...It is dire poverty indeed when a man is so malnourished and fatigued that he won't stoop to pick up a penny. But if you cultivate a healthy poverty and simplicity, so that finding a penny will literally make your day, then, since the world is in fact planted with pennies, you have with your poverty bought a lifetime of days. It is that simple. what you see is what you get." ~Anne Dillard

A few of the small and wonderful things which bring untold joy into my life. It's the small things in life which truly mean the most. Simple abundance . . . it's the best.
 


It's bluebell season  . . . our green and peaceful land is carpeted with them in every woodland and rural space  . . . and in my back garden. I picked a small sprig to bring indoors and enjoy. It smells sooooo beautiful.  The scent of bluebells is my favorite thing. I can only imagine how beautiful they smell in the woods right now  . . . 


Did you know that half the world's Bluebell Woods are right here in the UK?  They are a national treasure. 

  

Imagine wading shin deep through a sea of tinkling, beautifully scented bluebells, lit only by dappled sunlight . . . a woodland pixie's paradise.  


Impromptu facetimes  . . .  love them.  Especially when they involve grandchildren. This, this is a gift. 

 


Sunday and Wednesday talks with mom. I love to hear her voice. It is a gift to me.  I truly treasure this time spent together even if it is sometimes difficult and I do most of the talking. I miss my mom, probably most of all when it comes to what I miss about Canada. We have always been so close. It pains me not to be there with her now, at a time in her life when she needs me most, but this is my sister's time and I am grateful for the gift  that she has been given in this opportunity to be with my parents, even if I know it sometimes doesn't feel like much of a gift.  Thank you sis.  This is a gift which works two ways, all ways  . . . to all of us.

Eileen at 9 months

A daughter who wants to talk to me every day. This is an extra special blessing to me. I love all of my children, what mother doesn't . . . out of the five I have three who desire to have a relationship with me and that  is three more than many have.  That this beloved daughter who faces so many challenges of her own, takes the time each and every day to spend some time with me is a gift that I will always cherish, and I hope she will too. 

 Oh that old sofa she is sitting on here.  It was someone else's garbage.  Yep.  Someone had put it out by the road and we asked if we could have it because it was better than the one we had.  God is good . . .  free sofa's, and in great shape, when you have no money to buy one of your own. 


Baby bumps  . . . not long now.  Only two months . . .  its a girl, and will be called Grace. 


A baby blanket grows . . .  and I tell you, these are all a variety of shades of pink, even though right now in the morning light they look more purple than pink.  I promise you  . . .  pink. 

  

Little glass toadstools and one is giving me a heart.  Can you see it?  I adore these red and white toadstools.  These are glass ones.  I can stick them into plant pots or whatever.  So cute. 


Red shoes  . . .  one day it will be more than just a photograph  . . . 

And those are my small and wonderfuls for this week.  Oh to be sure, there are many, many more, but I have run out of time. I am living a half cup full, beautifully bountiful, blessed and filled with grace life.  I truly do not deserve this, but I'll take it and be grateful for it.

A thought to carry with you  . . . 

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
Something powerful happens 
when a child of God seeks
 to know more about Him 
and His Beloved Son."
~Russell M Nelson   •。★★ 。* 。 


I have decided to discontinue the BOM study on here. I am really the only one interested in it and so I continue to do it in private, but I won't bother you all with it anymore. If you ever have any questions however, I'm your girl.


 

In the kitchen today  . . .  Triple Mash with Horseradish Crumbs.  Seriously tasty.  Such a simple combination, but wow flavours!

Have a brilliant week. I hope it is filled to overflowing with small and wonderful things!  Don't forget!


═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════
 
 

And I do too! 


6 comments:

  1. Ariana looks beautiful..wwhat a blessing that Grace will be for them..and YOU..love te blanket Marie..how great youtwo met and formed this "family"
    Wonderful sister..wonderful mom..I love that pic of Eileen..

    off to see your mash:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique! She is growing! I did not glow, ever. When I was pregnant I got liver spots all over my face and everything. Blah. Yes, family I got to choose for myself. Xoxo

      Delete
  2. Spring has finally come in all it's glory and I found myself saying over and over again , isn't just lovely out. We had pleasantly warm days and flowers are blooming everywhere. Hope you have a wonderful Monday.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pam, I am so happy your spring had sprung! You are right, isn’t it just lovely out! Xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie!

    Those, Bluebells are gorgeous! I'm not sure we have them here. We have flowers that resemble them, but they don't smell fragrant. What a gorgeous photo of the flowers in the forest, I would love to experience that someday.

    I love that you Facetime your mom and Eileen calling you everyday is just precious, what a gift! Your sister sounds like and amazing woman, and your mom and Eileen are so cute... ;0)

    I had second hand furniture as a new wife and mother as well, and I was always grateful for it. I think that we can really get stuck into believing that we should always have new this and that. Some of my favorite things are, hand-me- downs. I was in a home today, that has been in the process of being finished for about 15 years. The amazing woman who lives there with her husband and her sister-in-law, never complains, she loves her home, and feels grateful to have something better than she had. It's homey and warm, and I could feel the Spirit when I was there, that's what's important.

    I love the name, Grace!! What a precious pink blanket, they will love it! And one day...red shoes?!

    Beautiful thought today - I was with Activity Day girls all afternoon, and I love it when they can feel and see how important...seeking Him is.

    Much love to you!!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb





    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could smell them Barb. Breathtaking. I wish my mom would facetime, alas she won't. We tried it once, and she was not really happy with the idea. She does not take to any sort of change easily. Yes, one day I want a pair of red shoes, some day when I can afford to have more than one pair of shoes. Dream on! Love you! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!