Friday 18 May 2018

My Friday Finds . . .

 
 

A few of the things  I find each week that pique my interest, bring me joy, inspire me to learn, create, do, become . . . Maybe they will do the same for you!  


Love this  . . . a poem about drinking tea.  Sweet. 

  

Great idea for storing your cutting mats. I would never have thought of this.  Fabulous! 


Free Tutorial . net. How to sew a bag from an old shirt sleeve. Cute!  


Makezine. DIY Crochet Sandwich for younguns to play with.   


Attic 24. Granny Bunting Triangles.  


Very pretty decorative handtowels. would make great Bridal shower gifts. Found on Flickr.  

  

Anabelia. Two free tablecloth border designs. 

  

Canal Blog. No pattern, just eye candy. Sweet though. 

  

Again no source, but isn't it cute.  


Granny Square Bag from Garter Stitch Farm.  Looks like a great scrap buster. 


Dutch Blue. Angel pattern. Cute!  


Jenny and Teddy. Free Bolero Pattern.  


Make My Day Creative. Honeycomb Pop Basket. Free pattern.  


Frugal Navy Wife, cash envelope budget system.  


True Blue Me and You.  DIY Paper frame, free printable.  


Amy J Delightful, free printable Washi tape stickers. She actually has a whole lot of printables available. 


Oh Happy Day. Fruit Wedge Bunting. Cute!  


Maluba. Pine Cone Fairies.  


Budget Saavy Diva. Beach Scene Pudding Cups. For the kids.  


Cottage at the Crossroads, pretty layered ribbon sandwiches.  


Jessie at Home.  Free shawl pattern. I quite like the look of this, not in this colour though. 


Dog Odours be Gone.  Clean Mama Net.   

And those are my finds for this week. I hope you found something to interest you!
A thought to carry with you . . .  

° * 。 • ˚ ˚ ˛ ˚ ˛ •
•。★★ 。* 。
° 。 ° ˛˚˛ * _Π_____*。*˚
˚ ˛ •˛•˚ */______/~\。˚ ˚ ˛
˚ ˛ •˛• ˚ | 田田 |門 ★

 *.˛.
Reading gives us someplace to go
when we have to stay where we are.
~Mason Cooley  •。★★ 。* 。 

What I am listening to today: The Things That Matter Most. 

 

In The English Kitchen today  . . .  Lemon & Elderflower Cake.   Yum! 

Have a great Friday!  Don't forget! 
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════


And I do too!
   


8 comments:

  1. Hi, Marie! Is it Friday again, already?! I don't know were the days go! VERY fun that project with the old skirt made into a bag! Crochted fun--very fun! I've seen patterns for things like donuts and ice cream cones that look very cute. I've used Lucy Attic 24's bunting pattern before--it's a good one, like all of her's are! So many great crochet projects and idea here today. Those beach pudding cups are adorable--haha! Your cake is FABULOUS--must to see about that! :) Wishing you all a lovely weekend there--and fun watching the Royal Wedding tomorrow! ;) LOVE YOU SO MUCH!! ((LOVE & BIG HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Tracy. We will be glued to the television for sure! Love you as well! ((((hugs)))) xoxo

      Delete
  2. Love that cute lil' house..Have fun tomorrow!! Enjoy the wedding..I have seen some of the cast of Suits on their way to the wedding on IG..should be great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Monique, Oh, I would love to see those photos. I was wondering who all was going from the cast. Its a wonderfully festive atmosphere on the telly today with the news, etc. I am so happy that Prince Charles has stepped up to walk her down the aisle due to her father's illness. Shows how much that family already loves her! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Those little pine fairies are adorable. And the party sandwich looks yummy too. Your findings are always a delight. Thanks to the internet, the offerings are wide and varied, but unlike you I don't always take the time to look. After all I have you to find the best! Hope you have a fantastic day ! We are rain free for one more day here but tonight the wet weather comes back.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I could see you doing those little pine fairies with some of your grands Pam! Oh, sorry about the rainy weekend, but the rain is what brings on the blooms! God bless! xoxo

      Delete
  4. Hi Marie~

    Your Friday Finds are always my favorite! I absolutely love the idea of crocheting around a tablecloth. I have used the envelope method of budgeting, and it really does work. A few weeks ago, we taught the Activity Day girls about budgeting, and this is the system we taught them...tried and true!

    I can hardly wait to make a few little, pine-cone fairies, they are adorable, and I have tons of pine-cones! Where do people come up with these amazing ideas?! I guess I'm just not that creative, but I'm so glad that someone is.

    Your cake looks so delicious, I love anything lemon, and your Elderberry blossoms are so pretty! Elderberries are so healthy for you, they stave off the flu! One of my goals this fall is to collect Elderberries and make syrup.

    What a fabulous talk by, Elder Tuttle! I love that the views of the church on family and the roles that each parent have, have not changed much. I did work outside the home when my children were growing up, I was a legal secretary for 14 years. It would have been nice to stay at home with them, but like so many families, we needed two incomes. Wonderful thoughts though, and I loved his analogy of the Greyhounds...it's so true, we don't know what's real if we are always chasing false idols!
    Enjoy your Royal Wedding, sweet friend!! Love you tons!

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barb! There are times I wish I had worked outside the home. When the marriage broke down for instance. Although I had always worked from my home, childminding, cleaning, typing, I have no pension contributions, other than the years I worked since moving over here and they are not enough to qualify me for a pension. It’s pretty scary. I am not entitled to any pension anywhere. I am not sure what I will do. The cake is lovely! Love you lots also! Xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!