Tuesday 24 April 2018

The Simple Woman's Daybook . . .

 
 
 
FOR TODAY, April 24, 2018 
 
Outside my window ...
Its dry but it is cool and overcast. The two little dogs next door are yip yapping.  They are pretty much constantly yip yapping. They yap when I flush my toilet. As Todd would say, they are quite vociferous! 
 
I am thinking ...
 
Hooray for a new Prince and what a sweet little family. I hope they don't stop at three. I would love to see them with a whole houseful of children.  
 
  
 
Charlotte and George arriving to visit their new baby brother . . . 
 
  
 
Charlotte has perfected the art of the Royal Wave!  Now we just have the Royal Wedding to look forward.  I wonder what they will name the new Prince.  Odds are on Arthur, but I don't think they will . . .  maybe Phillip. Phillip would be nice.

In the kitchen ... 
 
 
I've done a complete tutorial on Diner Style Hot Sandwiches. The perfect thing to do with leftovers from the roast and a once in a bluemoon treat! 
 
On my "To Cook" list ... 
 
 
Smoky Chicken Flatbread with Crispy Bacon, Avocado, Tomato and Sundried-Tomato Mayo.  From The Cosy Apron.  
 
Good to know ... 
  
 
I am creating ...
 
  
 
From Stitching Together, crochet country dishcloths with printable wrappers. 
 
  
Sew Can She, tiny bag pattern, free, also. 
 
 
Yarn Cosy Holder by Mareike Meyer on Ravelry.  Love it!  
 
 
Flower Garden Tea Cosy, free pattern from Just Jen.  
 
 
Lilly Ella, a tutorial on how to make reusable cloth tea bags.  Brilliant!  
 
I am Reading ...
 
Letters to Iris, by Elizabeth Noble.
Tess has a secret, one which is going to turn her life upside down. In just nine months time. The only person she can confide in is her beloved Grandmother. But Iris is slipping further away each day. Then chance brings a stranger into Tess's life. Gigi's heart goes out to Tess, knowing what it's like to feel alone.

This book revolves round two families who met when they were visiting elderly relatives in a nursing home. Tess's relationship with her Grandmother had been a strong one, but with her Mother, it's strained. Gigi is married to Richard but she is unhappy in their relationship. Letters to Iris refers to the war, her parents and her brother, Tom, but she never shared secrets from that life. This is a beautifully written story about secrets, acceptance of other people's wishes and of course, love. I suspect when the prologue is read, like me, many readers will shed a rear or two. 
 
Looking Forward to ...
We have the Zone Leaders coming for supper tonight.  Its always nice to have the young Missionaries in our home. 

Dreaming about ... 
 
 

 Country kitchens  . . .  with wood floors and rag rugs . . . and lots of light. 
 
 
Good corn on the cob  . . .  I haven't had any in over 18 years  . . . 
 
  
 
Pillows with Red Geraniums on them  . . .  I love red geraniums . . . 

 
Cafe curtains  . . .
 
  
 
Rooster Tea Pots  . . .  
 
Something to Watch ...  

 
Maudie, starring Sally Hawkins and Ethan Hawke.  The true story of Nova Scotia artist Maude Lewis. You'll laugh, you'll cry, you'll be inspired. We both thoroughly enjoyed this yesterday and it made me more than a bit homesick. 
 
A Quote for the day ...
 

(¯`v´¯)
   `*.¸.*´Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ¸. •´¸.•~♥♥♥~•. ~ ღϠ₡ღ¸. ✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ.
         ( ¸. ❀⁀ ⋱‿✿“` * .¸.* ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..
Be kind to unkind people 
    They need it the most.
             ~unknown  * ✻ღϠ₡ ღ¸.✻´´¯`✻.¸¸.Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ..  
 
Makes me smile ... 
  
 
Hares . . .  they are such beautiful creatures  . . . 
 
Corners of my kingdom ... 
 
 
 
An iconic view of the city of London  . . .  I think London is one of the most beautiful and most interesting cities in the world. So much to do and to see  . . .  filled with history, colour and personality.

And that's my daybook for this week!



  ⋱ ⋮ ⋰
⋯ ◯ ⋯ Take time to enjoy the small *´¯`.¸¸.☆
  ⋰ ⋮ ⋱ blessings in life.*´¯`.¸¸.☆


✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿✿¸.•*¨`*•..✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.•*¨`*•..¸✿ ✿¸.• ╬♥═╬╬═♥=╬╬═♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥═╬♥╬╬═♥╬╬═♥=╬╬♥
░░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░ ░░░░░░░░░░░░   
 
 
 
BOOK OF MORMON CORNER

Today's Reading - Alma 5:53-6:8 
Question - What are the things that Alma asks the people to do in this section? What blessings does he promise?  

Thoughts - He tell us to be separate from worldly ways. This year my testimony of this has grown. As I read the Old Testament this has struck me  . . . the Lord separated Noah's family, the Israelites, Lehi's family, Nephi's people, the Jaredites, the pioneers. He wants a people marked with His name, He will be their God, and they will be His people. The ways of the world are easier to accept than question or reject, but they put us in danger of being devoured, as by a ravenous wolf. But Jesus Christ's way is always right, it is the way to peace of conscience and happiness.

Tomorrow's Reading (Day 147) - Alma 7:1-13 
Question - What have you learnt from the reading today? What does Alma teach us about the purpose of the Saviour's suffering? 
 
Have a beautiful Tuesday!  Don't forget! 
 

═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ ⊰✿░G░O░D⊰✿⊰L░O░V░E░S⊰✿⊰░Y░O░U░⊰✿
═══════════ ღೋƸ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒღೋ ═══════════ 

And I do too!





10 comments:

  1. I'm definitely going back now and look over your tutorial on sandwiches. I have them more than not and often have leftovers to make them with. Happy Tuesday !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Tuesday Pam! Hot sandwiches are the best! xoxo

      Delete
  2. Maudie♥LOved the movie!
    Hope Todd is better every day!
    So many of the same likes..of course.thanks for everything you share:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By last night the hives were barely discernable Monique! Thank goodness! You're welcome. I love sharing! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Hi Marie, we all need an update on Todd. Thanks, Dale

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Dale, sorry I had been doing updates in the comments section as things progressed. He is almost cleared of the hives now. I can't get him to go to the doctor. He thinks it was just a fluke, so fingers crossed it never happens again. Last night he only had a few on his wrist and on his ankles. Amazing! xoxo

      Delete
  4. How about a quick update on Todd; I've been worried about him.
    I love that the Royal family had another little boy. It is a wonderment on what the name will be. It's amazing how well she looks after just giving birth. Their other two children are adorable.
    I loved your tutorial on hot sandwiches. I haven't had one in a very long time. The other recipe looked liked a keeper too.
    Thanks for the list of tea uses. I need to try the one for sleep.
    I always enjoy your crochet or knitting projects that you show. I like to look at them but not into the doing of them. Maybe at some moment of time.
    You always read such interesting books. I started with a book club in a ward we served in as missionaries. There is a new one I need to read before May 8th. It looks like a good one.
    Of course, I love all the photos of country decor. If I could do my home over again it would be more country.
    Corn on the cob sounds so good; sorry that you haven't had any in a long time.
    The movie Maudie look like a good one.
    I like your photo of London. It would be fun to see that city and your area someday.
    We had our Sunday School lesson this week on living in the world not being part of the world. God has taken his people out of the wickedness of the world more than once. I think now it is up to us to take ourselves out of the world and away from the wickedness in it.
    Sending continued love, hugs and prayers for you both. I do hope Todd is doing better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi LeAnn, I was giving updates in comments, but I guess I should have done it otherwise. He is almost cleared of the hives now, with just a few on his wrist and ankles. Fingers crossed they are done for now!! Thanks so much for your love and prayers! xoxo

      Delete
  5. Hi Marie~

    Ok...you haven't had a good ear of corn on the cob in 18 years?! That needs to be remedied!

    So many good ideas and fun things to look at! That new little Prince is adorable, and yes, she looks amazing, how does that happen?! Charlotte is absolutely charming, what a cutie!

    I love that kitchen, and I'm in love with the cafe curtains. I was looking at my kitchen window this morning and thought that I should make new curtains for it. Cafe curtains would be perfect!

    Today was lovely here, Bob and I sat out on the patio for a little while, and the whole time I just kept dreaming of red geraniums. I can't wait to go to the nursery to pick out flowers. Hares are just gorgeous little creatures, I love the way they stand up!

    London is so beautiful! I love that you post photos of the UK, that way I can dream.

    We are studying the Old Testament in my Primary class and I have loved re-visiting all those stories. I truly think that we need to, write His name upon our hearts, so that we can find our way back to Him. We do need to live in the world, but our homes need to be a sanctuary, where we keep the world out. With all the technology, that's easier said than done, but I think it is one of our tests.

    How is Todd? I pray that he is feeling better. Much love to you both! XOXO

    Hugs and Love,
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to think of my home as being a Temple away from the Temple Barb! At least that is our goal. Its not always easy as the world tends to intrude upon it via the television from time to time. Todd is much better thanks. As of last night he only had a few hives left around his wrist and his ankles. So hopefully they will be totally gone today! Love and hugs! Thanks for your prayers!! xoxo

      Delete

Your comments mean the world to me, and while I may not be able to address each one individually, each one is important to me and each one counts. Thanks so much!